Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Training saber"?

Protoaloe
01.30.2013 , 02:00 AM | #1
I am a level 5 Jedi Consular and to purchase a weapon each and every weapons dealer only sells me weapons that "require training saber". So here I am still using my beginning sword/saber and cannot get anything a little stronger because everything requires that training saber.

So how do I get a 'training saber"???

Stebbinn
01.30.2013 , 02:25 AM | #2
The sword you begin with is a training saber and don't buy a better one, you'll get a new one as a quest reward soon.
All jedi and sith classes have the ability to use training saber since they start with one.

Gidrea
01.30.2013 , 03:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Protoaloe View Post
I am a level 5 Jedi Consular and to purchase a weapon each and every weapons dealer only sells me weapons that "require training saber". So here I am still using my beginning sword/saber and cannot get anything a little stronger because everything requires that training saber.

So how do I get a 'training saber"???
You might loot a better weapon, but around level 8 or 9 you will get a lightsaber.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Comtrol - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

ZeroPlus
01.30.2013 , 05:28 AM | #4
Also, since you are a Jedi Consular if you choose the Shadow specialization (Advanced Class) once you reach level 10 and get to the Fleet (HINT: take the shuttle and don't use your Fleet Pass or it will be harder to find the relevant quest) you will be given a "Shadow Supply Pack" that will contain a double-bladed lightsaber, a focus off-hand item (for Damage Dealers (DPS)) and a force shield off-hand item (for Tanking).

If you choose the Sage specialization, you will get a "Sage Supply Pack" that will contain a focus off-hand item.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Protoaloe
01.30.2013 , 03:43 PM | #5
Thank you very much for your help. BTW this is a GREAT game! Found it purely by chance, an acquaintance mentioned it. Was having withdrawal symptoms because could not find a decent game to play

DLBoyd
01.30.2013 , 04:37 PM | #6
If you have the credits, they will sell you anything. But if you mean it is grayed out, then it might be you are too low level. Most gear has a minimum level requirement in addition to the ability requirement. You get a light saber at the end of Tython and then more gear depending on the advanced class you select.