Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adins
01.30.2013 , 01:59 PM | #821
1 Jung ma
2 my commando Ohlen
3. 3 times in 5 mins
Guild: Spartan Team Trooper only, Republic Guild
Assistant Troop Manager

Jahosophatu
01.30.2013 , 02:01 PM | #822
SERVER Jedi Covenant

CHARACTER Jactna

Getting kicked from server after a few seconds of logging in. Paid subscriber!

Asidwar
01.30.2013 , 02:05 PM | #823
Server Shadowlands
char Cannia

attempting to break items down or moving after ~30 sec after 5 times
Game crashes after the DC

boomeleven
01.30.2013 , 02:31 PM | #824
My game keeps crashing and then a loading screen appears and fills up about 1/16 of the way and freezes. I've restarted my PC about six times to ensure it wasn't me. I run the sickest PC components (solid state, top GPU, 3rd gen iCore 7, etc. ) so I know for sure its not that.

So basically I was deep in Hoath doing a mission quest with my Jedi Sage. The game froze, loading screen appears and then II alt-tab out, right click the game and close it, then load back in and I am dead. The game freezes within about 60 seconds of login after that. I wasn't sure if it was just Hoath, so I used an emergency fleet pass to return to the Republic Fleet and the issue continued.

SWTOR is about to lose me for the second time if this doesn't get resolved soon.

QuinlanBariman
01.30.2013 , 02:35 PM | #825
Name of server: Shadowlands
Name of character(s) affected: Sexcess
Frequency of crashing how many crashes, how often?: 5 times, 100%
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: Attempting to learn a schematic, RE'ing a pair of gauntlets, moving something from my inventory to my cargo bay, and standing in Fleet.

It is strange; I will be in and then crash to a SWTOR loading screen and the bar will just sit at like 20%. The indicator in the lower right of the screen continues to spin but the load does not progress

Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

Spoiler

cfgregory
01.30.2013 , 02:45 PM | #826
  1. Shadowlands
  2. Menana
  3. Every 5 mins or so
  4. Nothing causing crashing as far I can tell. Sometimes I login, walk forward and it crashes.

5. Spoiler
  6. Spoiler
  7. It is not crashing to desktop. It is going to the load screen but never getting past about 1/4 of the way and then I have to force it to close.

Levidia
01.30.2013 , 02:48 PM | #827
Name of server: Ebon Hawk
Name of character(s) affected: All
Frequency of crashing how many crashes, how often?: 10 times, 100%
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: anything and nothing

I log in and have no problems. then after a minute the bar shows im disconnected and it jumps to loading page. it stays at 1/4 and never moves. when i close the program i have to log back into the server just to have the same thing happen

Levidia
01.30.2013 , 02:54 PM | #828
Name of server: Ebon Hawk
Name of character(s) affected: All
Frequency of crashing how many crashes, how often?: 10 times, 100%
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: anything and nothing

I log in and have no problems. then after a minute the bar shows im disconnected and it jumps to loading page. it stays at 1/4 and never moves. when i close the program i have to log back into the server just to have the same thing happen

Alexandur
01.30.2013 , 03:00 PM | #829
server- ebon hawk
characters- looks like all but alexandur has had problems since the last patch getting dropped to the never ending load screen during warzones. but today, as soon as i log in i get the screen. so the game is completely unplayable for me. roll back the servers to b4 the patch or something. i am a paid player, but not for long if i cant actually play...

takeshiokage
01.30.2013 , 03:05 PM | #830
Server:Ebon Hawk
Characters: all of them
Frequency: very frequent,
Activity when crash occurs: anything walking from point A to point B, looking at the mail box, doing space combat mission.
sometimes it drops me straight to desktop other times it goes to SWTOR change screen and locks down doing nothing, except the little icon on the lower right side of the screen is still turning in place, but nothing happens.