Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to end Biochem reusables

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Time to end Biochem reusables
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Macabakur
03.16.2012 , 03:24 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by BacklashEH View Post
The fix to biochem is a real simple one, that is get rid of single use consumables.

If it's purple it's an infinite use for biochem, its 100 or more use for anyone else. If it's blue, make it a 25 or 50 use item. People wouldn't have to do biochem on all of their characters anymore and you'd probably be able to sell more of your items if they weren't single use.

If you want to get real crazy, have armorsmith make aim based buffs, gunsmith cunning based, synth strength based, and artiface willpower based, so you spread out the consumables abit.

If you want to get even more insane, have synthweave make bags instead of or in addition to buying inventory spots from the game itself like every other mmo does with their sewing class.

I enjoy this game, the crafting in it is absolutely terrible though.
armstech doesn't make cunning? dangit.. as I was going to be one of those next :P ahh.. maybe i'll go, man I don't know now.. I was so set on armstech. dang.

hrmm.. sec, I remember buying skill barrels off some guy when I was like 35.. those had cunning on them, fairly sure he was an armstech guy.

brittonrs
03.16.2012 , 03:46 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by ademnus View Post
I couldnt disagree more. What is with this weird nerf everyone who isnt me attitude?
It's this stinking entitlement attitude some people have. The whole "if I can't have it, no one should" frame of mind. If you want the benefits, then choose it and put in the work just like the ones who are benefiting from the reusable medpack/stims/adrenals. It's not like biochem is restricted to a select few. Anyone can choose it as a crew skill. I'm personally tired of the whiners who cry for nerfs on things that they don't benefit directly from...crying about how it gives others an unfair advantage. *rant over*

thewatcheruatu
03.16.2012 , 03:47 PM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Macabakur View Post
armstech doesn't make cunning? dangit.. as I was going to be one of those next :P ahh.. maybe i'll go, man I don't know now.. I was so set on armstech. dang.

hrmm.. sec, I remember buying skill barrels off some guy when I was like 35.. those had cunning on them, fairly sure he was an armstech guy.
I think you read his post incorrectly. He's talking about buffs, not about gear.
Project Broken Compass | Hapan Delegation

Verdakk
03.17.2012 , 09:16 AM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
I have a biochemist. It's stupid easy to make awesome consumables, more work to make implants (as it should be), and makes stupid credits on the GTN selling.
No. You don't. And I call ********. Nice try, but you make it sound like an "I win" button exists. Wait till 1.2 when your other profession gets viable.

Quote: Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
In it's current state, it's head and shoulder better than any other profession. Having three different crew skills (as I do), tells you just how ridiculous it is comparitively. The answer isn't to make all the other crew skills OP as well, the answer it to tone one down to reality.

This is pretty much accepted to be true by the creators of the game, and it's going to happen. If you think bio is going to be nerfed into oblivion and suck, by all means take a different crew skill.... I bet you won't, because biochem will still be l337 even without reusables.

Even purple adrenals (current) will still be useful at later levels, as unless they increase the amount crafted for mats used, they will never be viable to sell in mass quantities.
I agree biochem is the best atm. But with 1.2 this all changes. I wish I didnt have to waste time correcting posts like this

Verdakk
03.17.2012 , 09:18 AM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerithel View Post
If, and only if, they were to then provide a passive buff to Biochemists that increased the potency of medpacks, stims, etc. would I support an end to reusable consumables. Let's face it... being able to craft reusable consumables certainly beats having to constantly make new ones (especially adrenals, given their limited duration). Indeed, this would help stimulate a market in the consumables area, and people wouldn't feel they needed to take Biochem by default.

I'm actually in this boat right now. I'd elected to go Biochem on my Sniper, which I intend to raid, so that I could craft my own consumables. Granted, making reusable ones is a perk, but I can still craft medpacks, etc. for my alts. All of my characters benefit. However, I'm looking to level a Sith Assassin as a tank, and suddenly have this urge to go Biochem on her as well to access reusable consumables (in large part due to not getting my healing companion until Hoth). I know this isn't necessary, but the convenient nature of consumables becomes a perk strong enough to make me question going with any other crafting crew skill. (Artifice is on my Sith Sorcerer, so Synthweaving was one alternative... but I might as well do it as a Sith Warrior and get the +5 crit bonus from Jaesa).

TL;DR: Only if active Biochemists get a passive skill that buffs the potency of medpacks, etc. would I support the removal of reusable consumables.
Amen.

mozzlol
01.08.2013 , 10:30 PM | #366
Biochem doesn't need any nerfs. The problem is that it's the only actually useful crafting skill.

The only reasonable way to go is making all other crafting skills just as useful in some way, instead of making them more and more useless with every patch.

UncleMarty
01.30.2013 , 09:55 AM | #367
If reusable items are phased out of the game with the new expansion, I'll simply not bother with the expansion, it'll probably mean I'll stop my subscription too because it won't be much fun being capped 5 levels lower than other people.

Getting rid of the reusables is exactly what this game doesn't need right now, the devs seem insistent on going against what players want, and I don't want to spend all day grinding mobs to get drops just so I can run something. I hope the devs have the sense to reconsider this terrible idea.

DarthBloodloss
01.30.2013 , 02:08 PM | #368
They already said that there will be no more biochem reusables in the future. The existing ones will remain, but stronger newer ones will never exist.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Vartash
04.01.2013 , 02:31 PM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
They already said that there will be no more biochem reusables in the future. The existing ones will remain, but stronger newer ones will never exist.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't testers on the 2.0 PTS reported you could get new biochem reusables in the expansion (450 skill), top of the line ones also ?

Elyssandra
04.02.2013 , 11:22 AM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by LordbishopX View Post
Heck even my companions are gear out the butt in FREE pvp gear
You get ONE set of free gear...
Your five companions perfected the art of wearing one hat?

Quote: Originally Posted by LordbishopX View Post
Crew skills other than BIOCHEM at 50 are the biggest troll on the player base ever.
Have you not met any cybertechs (richest folks on servers busy crafting 27 ears, armoring and mods), artificers (27 hilts and enhancements) and armstechs (makers of 27 barrels)?