Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TCW Expected to Stop Running on Cartoon Network

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
TCW Expected to Stop Running on Cartoon Network

jarjarloves
01.30.2013 , 08:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Talarchy View Post
TCW is an abomination of the Star Wars universe, it should be taken off all programming.

It was designed to get the younger generation into Star Wars, but you know what the younger generation thinks? (i.e my kids and their friends. who are 10-15.. supposedly the target audience)

They think it's boring as watching grass grow. The can't get excited because they never experienced real starwars, just force fed this animated atrocity.
10-15 is a bit old its actually going younger. But if we are talking about anadoctal evidence my nephews and nieces and all their friends love it so....

it also doesn't matter if it hits its target demograph since it's a huge success. Look at My Little Pony its clearly not geared to guys in their 20s and 30s yet that is their biggest audience.

As for being an abomonation sorry it's 100% star wars and fits in with what Star Wars is.

SNCommand
01.30.2013 , 08:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Pretty sure the Disney channels wouldn't be putting in refs that people in their late teens or twenties would know about haha.

But then again if you honestly don't care, please don't bother to post here - thanks.
Hey, you wanted my opinion you got my opinion, doesn't matter that my opinion is of one that doesn't see the channel switch as any issue

Here's a nice read as well if you think Disney's army of network censurers catch everything http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radar/Disney

Besides, Clone Wars has less of the dirty content and more of the violent and strangely political ( I mean really, government loans, debt and social justice in a kids show?), nothing to suggest that will change
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

jarjarloves
01.30.2013 , 08:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Hey, you wanted my opinion you got my opinion, doesn't matter that my opinion is of one that doesn't see the channel switch as any issue

Here's a nice read as well if you think Disney's army of network censurers catch everything http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radar/Disney

Besides, Clone Wars has less of the dirty content and more of the violent and strangely political ( I mean really, government loans, debt and social justice in a kids show?), nothing to suggest that will change
not to mention it won't go on Disney channel it will go one Disney XD which is closer to Cartoon Networks Toonami. They already have similar cartoons on that channel.

iankalo
01.30.2013 , 10:15 AM | #14
Who cares when you can download the new episode every sunday ? I`ve never watched CW on CN. Disney Channel is for the girls audithory I think. They show only girl-teen movies.
English is not my native language Omee Topee!

Revan and Malak discover Star Map - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgH7Pb4GN_Y

CassusVerda
01.30.2013 , 12:03 PM | #15
So they are placing it on a channel that people with basic cable can't see. First they moved to Saturdays now their making it inaccessible to a portion of their fan base, because not everyone can catch Disney XD and not everyone is internet savvy enough to know how to catch the episodes online. That and who knows maybe Disney will be even more strict on people posting episodes online than Cartoon Network was. So this could be a big change.

But lets face it.....why should I care?

The Clone Wars has already add a black mark to the history of my favorite faction in Star Wars to the point where I don't mind that the "Cool Mandos are Death Watch" anymore. I used to F'ing hate the Deathwatch like current Germany hates their Nazi past, but I just had to lower my standards to enjoy what I originally wanted to see since seeing Season 2....Mandalorians kicking arse & taking names along with the death of this travesty known as Satine and her STUPID "New Mandalorians", which is what I am technically getting so far. but you know UNLESS The next seasons brings in Mandalore the Resurrector and his Mandalorian Protectors to the fray, which it most likely won't....I don't really care.

This show can burn after the Maul/Mandalorian Arc for all I care.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

SNCommand
01.30.2013 , 12:58 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
and not everyone is internet savvy enough to know how to catch the episodes online.
If my 10 year old cousin knows how to do it I don't think it will be that big of an issue, besides, the full episodes show up on the Star Wars site a few days after the episodes air
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Jonoku
01.30.2013 , 01:38 PM | #17
I'm not suprised, disney has lucasfilm, of course they want the shows on their channel.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five