Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gav Daragon is a ROLE PLAYING server Mkay?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Gav Daragon
Gav Daragon is a ROLE PLAYING server Mkay?

Ailie
01.30.2013 , 05:11 AM | #1
Gav Daragon is pleased to welcome any new players to our community, particularly those keen on joining us for RP

What we're not keen to welcome are the abundance of small minded morons who have rolled on Gav Daragon who seem to despise RP.

Why would you roll on this server if you can't stand RPers?! Do you think it's fun to abuse us and get ignored by the majority of the server?!

Do yourselves and us a favour and just take your small minded attitude to Dalborra where you're more likely to fit in

Thank you
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

pseudonyms
01.30.2013 , 05:25 AM | #2
You will find the exact same problem on most games with RP servers. Until the companies actually enforce the RP rules, which you will never see this company do, then it's what you will have to deal with. RP with people that like to RP, ignore the rest.
Life is simple. It's only as hard as you make it for yourself.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's still ignorance.

FreePrometheus
01.30.2013 , 05:29 AM | #3
I feel sorry for you, seriously. That would tick me off big time. I havent really encountered that on Progenitor. In fact i would say i have encountered the opposite. A lot of the new blood seems to want to get involved, even if they arent really all that skilled in roleplay. But they seem genuine. I'm not saying there are not those that disrupt things, but, from my experience, they are few and far between. Hope things pick up for you.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. - Yoda

Alec_Fortescue
01.30.2013 , 05:30 AM | #4
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...8j04o1_500.gif

Get off RP servers... I love when they jump into sessions and spoil things.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

FreePrometheus
01.30.2013 , 05:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...8j04o1_500.gif

Get off RP servers... I love when they jump into sessions and spoil things.
I LOL'ed.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. - Yoda

NoTomorrow
01.30.2013 , 05:55 AM | #6
never really understood what are the advantages of a role playing server. So everybody is supposed to be more mature, have some better names and impose themselves a set of personal roleplaying rules?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Fornix
01.30.2013 , 06:00 AM | #7
And this is going to be exactly the reason as to why merging the APAC servers isn't going to work out. As there will most definitely be RP'ers who do not welcome non-RP'ers as this thread once more makes abundantly clear.
Member of <Helix>

BrianDavion
01.30.2013 , 06:07 AM | #8
Not sure why the OP bothered making this psost. there are always trolls who come onto RP servers to well.. troll RPers. fact of life. best to just ignore em. Honestly I kinda feel bad for the people on GD. this guy's ill advised post as proably just effectivly advertised open season on the roleplayers there.

Stoofa
01.30.2013 , 06:21 AM | #9
You should see some of the character names on The Progenitor - Role Playing was certainly not what bought people to this server.
And as if character names wasn't bad enough......
.....when there were loads of servers I actually abandoned 2 previous servers with characters on to restart on The Progenitor.
I found that the RP server seemed to have a better community. There was no ninja looting going on, no kill trading in PvP and overall it was as if the whole server was move "civilised".
Maybe it was too good to be true, but it's changed. They may as well remove the RP tag from this server and turn it into a general PvE.

Devlonir
01.30.2013 , 06:54 AM | #10
The Progenitor is a special case because for a while it was actually the most active EU server, even more active than Red Eclipse, according to torstatus. The server still is nearly as active as Red Eclipse to this day.

This pulled people in who just wanted to be on the biggest server, and not just for the RP.

Still, really, you can be upset with a handful of fools with silly names or who choose to be trolls from time to time, but the only person that hurts is yourself. Trolls will always exist, as will stupid names. No amount of policing it will change that fact in the long run.
Also, posts like this really help in putting the idea out there that most RPers are a bunch of elitist *****s. So thanks for that
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman