Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will sorcerers die?

Exspara
01.29.2013 , 10:34 PM | #1
Okay I get that sorcerers are suppose to be flimsy and all, but why are they like the worst class in the game. The only thing they can do is heal. Sorcerers have been nerfed at least 3 times already. And why do I say this?

1. You get the worst defense in the game. While other classes have medium armor or stealth, we get the wonderful 2k protection of static barrier! Wow amazing! You're dead 1 second later. Not to mention they only have 1-2 main stuns.
2. Worst skills. Now you are like wait, that is not true. But look: Many bosses have force immunities. Also in pvp, well you are screwed because it seems just about every other class has force damage/ability removal skills or temporary immunities to it. Also their best abilities have cast times which can always be interrupted.
3. Worst dps of all of the dps classes. Yes they can heal, but I want to do something BESIDES THAT. What good is a character that will die almost instantly if they can't even do the most damage.
4. Obviously... worst pvp class in the game. And no, you can't even heal then.
5. Worst mobility. You would think force speed would fix this issue. NOPE, in order to make yourself 'useful', you have to stand in the same spot forever, while the enemy runs around you, either interrupting you or forcing your attacks to cancel. Oh yeah almost forgot, then you die.
6. After you lose all of your force, your dead. There is no way to regain your force (yes other than waiting), besides taking away your health at the cost of slower force regeneration.
7. Why the .... is this class the only one that moves while it is regenerating its health and force. Who was the person who came up with Seethe? Did you know it will cancel and say fail if your character steps on a crack or something. And no, Jedi Consulars do not move then they recuperate while they are suppose to be mirrored classes, nor do any other classes. And yes YOU CAN DIE FROM THIS: falling off a ledge, your pvp enemy sees you moving while you are hiding and failing to regenerate, you try to regenerate near a wall but fail and then destroy your keyboard.
----- The worst part is that they will probably be nerfed again because people seem to think they are still OP. Yes, the shiny lightning looks intimidating, but its not that scary if you look at it more carefully.

Now what is the point of all of this? I want sorcerers to get some major buffs when the level cap goes up to lvl 55. I also do not want sorcerers to be nerfed anymore. I want some sort of advantage over some class in some form, examples: DPS may be good, faster character, can absorb health from others, make static barrier stronger. Could please, please, something be done?

MotorCityMan
01.30.2013 , 02:32 AM | #2
In every game I have pvp'ed a healing class in, no dps was able to kill a healer 1 on 1. Of course the healer could not kill the dps either. Usually it takes 2, sometimes even 3 dps to kill a healer in pvp. In SWTOR, any dps or tank can easily kill a sorc healer quickly. It's ridiculous. Half or more of the healing I do in pvp is trying to keep my sorc healer alive and it is so flimsy and the heals so meager compared to dps attacks that it is just silly. The only solution I have is to shelve the character until they fix it. So I have to agree with the OP, this is a sorry excuse for a character which should be fun to play. I absolutely hate playing my sorc healer in pvp. Won't do it. Smuggler or Operative can keep a sorc completely stunned and dead inside of 2-4 seconds. The sorc knows it, the smugglers and operatives know it, which is why they target sorcs. It begs the question, why doesn't BW know it? Or if they do, they do nothing? This is supposed to be pvp? No, there are too many other opportunities to have fun gaming to put up with that nonsense.

tXHereticXt
01.30.2013 , 02:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Exspara View Post
I want...
I want Darkness to have burst damage withour sacrificing it's tanking capabilities and my Sin to have the Sorcerer's Absorb so I don't need a pocket-healer to tank anything in the game.

...we all want stuff.

MotorCityMan
01.30.2013 , 03:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by tXHereticXt View Post
I want Darkness to have burst damage withour sacrificing it's tanking capabilities and my Sin to have the Sorcerer's Absorb so I don't need a pocket-healer to tank anything in the game.

...we all want stuff.
Attempting to hastily generalize the issue to "we all want stuff" is an obvious logical fallacy. The topic is sorc pvp survivability and nothing in this post addresses that issue. Apparently your point is, if you had one, is that since you want things and don't have them, then no one should have things they want. Isn't that special.

tXHereticXt
01.30.2013 , 03:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Attempting to hastily generalize the issue to "we all want stuff" is an obvious logical fallacy.
It's supposed to be, balance is being ignored for the sake of feeling inadequate and something must be done about it.

glocklB
01.30.2013 , 04:32 AM | #6
Stop crying, sorcerer is far not the worst class. Pretty impopular in rwzs, but great in unranked wzs. Merc is way worse atm. While sorc has chances to 1v1 every other class even in open duel. When it comes to wzs (loads of LOS obstacles) madness sorcerer usually has better chances against everyone. Lightning is garbage though, just don't play it in wzs while sorcs have 2 pretty much playable dps specs
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

MotorCityMan
01.30.2013 , 04:47 AM | #7
Quit scolding like an old matron. Whether or not mercs are worse doesn't doesn't help sorcs and nothing to do with the issues raised by the OP. Madness hardly has the time and space to kite around an opponent like they do in a duel. Corruption sorcs have no chance 1 on 1. I have other games and classes I would much rather play. In any event, I think the OP made some good points.

L2P is a worn out forum troll patronizing gimmick.

Atramar
01.30.2013 , 04:49 AM | #8
sounds like L2P issue.
run madness tree for pvp, lightning is more for pve (unless you are like some merc fanatics who want same setup for pve and pvp and win 1vs2 and refuse to adapt to reality).
force managment for most fights is pretty simple, unless you spam dots every gcd.
you are mobile while reappling dots (plus snare), force run and spam lightning again.
you are turret class, and cast autoslow from your main attack.
if you want turret class with protection from leaps and interrupts? go sniper
want to move while attack? go PT or Assasin (or lethality sniper).
Sorcs are good there are plenty of guides, use search option.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

fantomjchx
01.30.2013 , 06:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
sounds like L2P issue.
run madness tree for pvp, lightning is more for pve (unless you are like some merc fanatics who want same setup for pve and pvp and win 1vs2 and refuse to adapt to reality).
force managment for most fights is pretty simple, unless you spam dots every gcd.
you are mobile while reappling dots (plus snare), force run and spam lightning again.
you are turret class, and cast autoslow from your main attack.
if you want turret class with protection from leaps and interrupts? go sniper
want to move while attack? go PT or Assasin (or lethality sniper).
Sorcs are good there are plenty of guides, use search option.
For the love of God stop speaking useless bullshts!. We all know ( yes I speak about people who plays sorcerers actually) that sorcerers are worst class in game, Even mercs are better than him. **** and go away and enjoy ur smash while u stilll can!

Atramar
01.30.2013 , 07:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by fantomjchx View Post
For the love of God stop speaking useless bullshts!. We all know ( yes I speak about people who plays sorcerers actually) that sorcerers are worst class in game, Even mercs are better than him. **** and go away and enjoy ur smash while u stilll can!
if they are worst, why u play it?
as I do respec to smash if my pvp team has to many tanks, my main spec on jugg is hybrid tank.
Maybe your problem is you play 'only sorcerer' and don't know other classes.
grass is always greener on the other side and all players want to buff their class. guess what. I play all of them (some got deleted tho)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013