Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game drops to second loading screen automatically

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game drops to second loading screen automatically
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
01.30.2013 , 12:46 AM | #21
Which server do you play on ? i wouldn't mind lvling a toon there to see what happens ?

I can count my DCs on one hand , 99% was my adsl dropping and the last was the red eclipse the other day but that was certainly cable and wireless, i couldn't even download a 1mb file from www.cw.com until the issue with red eclipse was fixed, my path went into cable and wireless to get to the servers.

I run i7 3930k 16gb ram win 7 64bit 670gtx on a SSD for OS

Edit- the problem with tracert and pathpings is that you only see half the picture with asymetrical routing, you do not see the return path especially if they are using MPLS which most backbones do, if your interested google reverse traceroute, http://revtr.cs.washington.edu/FAQ.html

Have a read of this pdf , especially asymmetric paths http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog4...eroute_N45.pdf

Psychedelwick
01.30.2013 , 02:50 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Psychedelwick: Unfortunately your Intel(R) HD Graphics Family graphics processor does not have the required 256MB of dedicated video memory.
The game was running absolutely fine for weeks on the low graphics setting though. I don't understand how, if it was my graphics card, it would start only recently. Would I just not be able to play the game full stop?

OwenBrooks
01.30.2013 , 02:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychedelwick View Post
The game was running absolutely fine for weeks on the low graphics setting though. I don't understand how, if it was my graphics card, it would start only recently. Would I just not be able to play the game full stop?
I have seen people run this game on low with your card, what exactly is it doing at present has it changed from your last post ?

lorry_driver
01.30.2013 , 04:44 AM | #24
I'm trying to post my dxdiags text file over here but it says that I'm over the 50000 character limit. Is there another way to post my dxdiag text file without using the spoiler tags?

OwenBrooks
01.30.2013 , 04:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by lorry_driver View Post
I'm trying to post my dxdiags text file over here but it says that I'm over the 50000 character limit. Is there another way to post my dxdiag text file without using the spoiler tags?
Just split the dxdiag across 2 posts with spoiler tags call them part 1 and 2

lorry_driver
01.30.2013 , 05:03 AM | #26
Part 1 of dxdiag file

Spoiler

lorry_driver
01.30.2013 , 05:07 AM | #27
Part 2 of dxdiag file:

Spoiler

What I did:

Ran "repair" several times and completed successfully.
Updated to latest video and onboard drivers.
Windows Update current as of 30/01/2013. (including C++ and .NET redistributables)
Ran it as administrator and in compatibility mode (Vista/7)

-EDIT-
Added tracert and pathping info

Tracert
Spoiler

Pathping
Spoiler

OwenBrooks
01.30.2013 , 05:34 AM | #28
Whats actually occuring ?

Just crashing to desktop or are you forcing close ?

lorry_driver
01.30.2013 , 08:12 AM | #29
Same as the OP, massive lag, disconnects going to loading screen with progress bar at the bottom therefore having to force close.

BTW, internet is running fine when it occurs. Even resetting network card and router didn't fix it.

Added tracert and pathping info on the other post.

OwenBrooks
01.30.2013 , 08:39 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by lorry_driver View Post
Same as the OP, massive lag, disconnects going to loading screen with progress bar at the bottom therefore having to force close.

BTW, internet is running fine when it occurs. Even resetting network card and router didn't fix it.

Added tracert and pathping info on the other post.
I live in Brisbane, I wont say anything about dodo :-) I have never had a dc on dalborra (unless my adsl went down), now so saying that your tracert and pathping look just fine.

Can you say if it is regular or random time ? when the spike is occurring does the tracert look just like the one you posted ?
Will have to think on possible causes there are more then just network paths, and have seen some issues raised under win 8 will go reading in between time.

I just made a windows 8 machine and had massive trouble getting league of legends running properly, turned out pando media booster was only partially all defaulted through the firewall and lol needed it even though lol was also in the firewall. Was going to look at installing swtor on this to compare with my current setup but that is forthcoming

Edit - can you confirm this is connected wired

Edit - Also noticed Devil May Cry Crashed on you as well