Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island......Really bothering me.

LarryRow
01.29.2013 , 12:40 PM | #41
I believe the bubble drops on the #2 person on the threat table. Put guard on your melee dps so it will always hit your ranged. Healer and melee should be using aggro drop abilities, but not the ranged dps. It's very useful to know who the bubble will hit.

Edit: A lot of people disagree with the above statement. It is probably wrong.

My tips for this fight:
1. Discuss a strategy before hand. Will you use the middle or kite? Which direction will you kite? Where will you start kiting from?
2. Stay calm, don't panic. Yes, that bubble is getting bigger, but you can wait a few more seconds for incinerate. Interrupt it, then kite the boss. Stand where your healer can see you (not tucked way back in the nook!). Position the boss so there is room for dps to stand behind him, and room for you to move him if a bubble drops back there.

This fight is very dependent on the tank. Besides the interrupt, it is your job to provide the dps a safe place to attack from, while not Line of Sighting your healer.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

dipstik
01.29.2013 , 12:42 PM | #42
the main thing about tanking is the rotation of the bot. basically after the bot does experimental cannon you do not have time to kite him because he will do an incinerate right then, so just wait for the bot to cast incinerate and interupt it before you kite the boss (if you are kiting at all). people might complain that you are not moving the boss, but its better than not interupting incinerate and letting them all catch it because you decided to kite the incinerate to their faces.

NoFishing
01.29.2013 , 07:35 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I believe the bubble drops on the #2 person on the threat table. Put guard on your melee dps so it will always hit your ranged. Healer and melee should be using aggro drop abilities, but not the ranged dps. It's very useful to know who the bubble will hit.
Pretty sure this isn't true. I've gotten as a healer, and I can pretty much guarantee I am not second on the threat table.

ChicagoBearsFan
01.29.2013 , 09:37 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post

My tips for this fight:
1. Discuss a strategy before hand. Will you use the middle or kite? Which direction will you kite? Where will you start kiting from?
2. Stay calm, don't panic. Yes, that bubble is getting bigger, but you can wait a few more seconds for incinerate. Interrupt it, then kite the boss. Stand where your healer can see you (not tucked way back in the nook!). Position the boss so there is room for dps to stand behind him, and room for you to move him if a bubble drops back there.

This fight is very dependent on the tank. Besides the interrupt, it is your job to provide the dps a safe place to attack from, while not Line of Sighting your healer.
Im not sure that I agree with your first sentence but it IS an interesting theory, I will have to test it.
I like the rest of your post. Some good tips there. I find that positioning the boss is very important as well when tanking. Using these tips can also help compensate for some of the inexperience with DPS in PUGs.

As a tank you actually have the ability to largely dictate where your DPS will be by your positioning of the boss... Provided the DPS know to stand at the back or sides of boss. I usually kite so that I'm in control of the fight and positioning. A good method for beginner teams with an experienced tank, is to use the kiting method and have the DPS stand behind the boss and tell them to run to the nearest wall if they get circles. They dont have to go far, just get to the wall. If it drops near us, NP cuz we are moving anyways. So I as tank know where and can essentially control where each bubble placement will be by my placement of the boss.
For experienced groups with inexperienced tank, center method might be the best.
For a group with Inexperienced tank and inexperienced group, you are screwed in HM... Go practice in SM.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

schnopsnosn
01.30.2013 , 02:32 AM | #45
Nope, the bubble is random.
Otherwise our heals would never be targeted as I'm usually running this with people way above 1000 bonus-dmg that know how to hurt the boss and as a SIn-tank I don't require that much healing...