Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rakaat
01.30.2013 , 02:18 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
The problem is that the guys creating new content are creating new bugs and the poor "bug fixers" are never getting the chance to catch up.

Maybe it's time Bioware take the new content guys and have them help out the bug fixing guys for a little bit.
Agreed. At least some of the bugs need to be fixed before new content is added. Perhaps they should put this on hold for a bit.

AshlaBoga
01.30.2013 , 03:25 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Makeb planetary stroy should not have anything do to with TDM (the original leaked plot was that Hutts served TDM and they made them capture Makeb, or something like that, but now it looks that Hutts just decided to do it from their own free will)
Actually the original leak had to do with a new daily Area and Operation.

The new Area was called "Varl" the Hutt homeplanet and the new Operation was called "Scum & Villainy." The Operation had them amassing an army on Varl which would aid them and their new allies... the Dread Masters.

A 2nd planet was datamined after this leak that involved the Hutts taking over, but there was no mention of the DMs for that one (it was probably the previous name for Makeb).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

darklordpotter
01.30.2013 , 04:13 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
spite and vitriol
Wouldn't know never done it. Like you I'm only here for the class story and have zero interest in grinding dailies etc to run ops.

I accept that is a trade off just like I accepted I would never have a Titan in Eve. Would I like HK-51? yes is the HM flashpoint a barrier? yes do I think this is a good reason to gate yet more content beyond the reach of most casual players? NO.

I trust this adequately clarifies my position.

MGriffith
01.30.2013 , 11:32 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by rakaat View Post
Agreed. At least some of the bugs need to be fixed before new content is added. Perhaps they should put this on hold for a bit.
I don't think Bioware will make itself more popular if it announces that Mabeb will be postponed for 6 months to do bugfixes. And all that time the content developers would be sitting idle as well.

It is why we are getting a lot of retextured items on the cartel market. Those can be done by relatively junior developers with minimal oversight. Developes who don't have the skill set for debugging anyway.

I think, though, that the bean counters looked at the short term cost versus income balance and forced bioware to let go too many developers for the long term health of the game. Now they don't have the staff to do both the necessary bug fixing of the issues that came to light post launch AND develop the new content that players are expecting at least once a year.

Conwolv
02.04.2013 , 04:31 PM | #325
I'll be honest, I'm excited for the content. However, I would be happy to wait on new content if current content was fixed. If the engine was streamlined and didn't bug out every time someone jumped too quickly. If Warzones didn't lag so much, etc.

These are all things that any other developer would have prioritized over newer content. A stable world means a playable world. People who like a solid MMO would start taking notice of this game more. Right now, it only really attracts star wars fanboys and bioware fans. It doesn't do anything to reach beyond that.

It's largely a WoW clone (which is fine, since WoW is the industry standard for MMOs right now), but missing key features and polish. Non fanboys from games like WoW would never consider this game seriously as their MMO of choice based on the issues with the engine and play.

I can only hope that Rise of the Hutt Cartel packs a lot of bug fixes. Shame that if that is the case, you'd have to pay for the engine we should have gotten at launch.
◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙ﮱ▒[◙]▒▒▒|▒|▒|▒D - Conwolv of <Despair> @ The Harbinger