Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lag spikes, disconnects etc.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Lag spikes, disconnects etc.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthInsiria's Avatar


DarthInsiria
01.29.2013 , 06:15 PM | #1
1st off Hello community, unlucky that I have to start with this section.

As mentioned in the title I'm facing rather annoying lag spikes and random disconnects from the server.
I'm playing on The Red Eclipse server only (IGNs: Insiria, Kyrae, Asathis) and have a total of few months of game play behind me which of course has been featured by above mentioned. I used to don't care about it very much, maybe because I was a F2P so I couldn't get an individual solution on forums.
Finally my patience has run out and I'm tired of all this, I really love the game, even set up 180 subscription option but how I'm supposed to enjoy end game features and all the other aspects when I'm facing such thing. I demand, yes demand a solution for this problem. I have no problems streaming videos to my PS3 whole day long neither downloading large quantities of files or in any other way using my internet thus my connection is "perfect" if it matters my ISP is UPC Ireland and I'm currently on 30Mb/s plan with them which I think is enough for SW:TOR.

The game runs fine until it "decides" to get itself a lag spike (highest of 60000+ms) and usually when it reaches 35k ms simply disconnect me from the server, but that's not the end of the story. Upon disconnection I'm stuck at loading screen which after few minutes of waiting for a change is just pointless so I'm forced to force close the application. Sometimes it just close or should I say crash to the desktop without any feedback. Just before I started this thread I've been in a warzone which my team would win yet I didn't make it to the end as I got lagged so yet another commendation prize flew away. I do not mean to advertise in any way but World of Warcraft runs without any issues no matter how long I play.

Gonna go back online and play until next d/c.

Please help me sort out this issue asap.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.29.2013 , 07:16 PM | #2
I saw Cable and Wireless having major issues with their network yesterday, so much so I had trouble loading even their website. I think it is fixed now though.(maybe it isnt) I tried to login into red eclipse yesterday and had the same issues you had, which led me to look into the cable and wireless network.

DarthInsiria's Avatar


DarthInsiria
01.29.2013 , 07:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I saw Cable and Wireless having major issues with their network yesterday, so much so I had trouble loading even their website. I think it is fixed now though.(maybe it isnt) I tried to login into red eclipse yesterday and had the same issues you had, which led me to look into the cable and wireless network.
I do not mean a single day of having this issue.
I have it for several months.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.29.2013 , 07:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthInsiria View Post
I do not mean a single day of having this issue.
I have it for several months.
I just logged into red eclipse and issue I had yesterday appears gone, 80 people in tython at present as well, ping is averaging 350ms for me but I am logging in from Australia.

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
01.29.2013 , 08:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I just logged into red eclipse and issue I had yesterday appears gone, 80 people in tython at present as well, ping is averaging 350ms for me but I am logging in from Australia.
To accuratly paraphrase Mr. Brooks' many contributions to all of you that are having stability issues with SWTOR:

' Bioware servers are the greatest ,most robust, servers on the planet. Any stability issues you are having with connectivity is YOUR problem. The fact you can play other MMO's without major issues. like those found while playing SWTOR, is only a figment of your wild imagination. '
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.29.2013 , 08:43 PM | #6
HAHA that made me laugh

still logged into red eclipse at present from Australia without disconnecting though, had issue yesterday and it was cable and wireless having major issues within their network.

Missandei's Avatar


Missandei
01.30.2013 , 12:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
HAHA that made me laugh

still logged into red eclipse at present from Australia without disconnecting though, had issue yesterday and it was cable and wireless having major issues within their network.
there is a problem with Dc. All who played swtor knows that.
And it is connected to the usage of the game. For some reason sometimes swtor.exe just «hang» the network line for himself and go Dc.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

stars_fan's Avatar


stars_fan
01.30.2013 , 01:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
To accuratly paraphrase Mr. Brooks' many contributions to all of you that are having stability issues with SWTOR:

' Bioware servers are the greatest ,most robust, servers on the planet. Any stability issues you are having with connectivity is YOUR problem. The fact you can play other MMO's without major issues. like those found while playing SWTOR, is only a figment of your wild imagination. '
I know you mean this jokingly but there is some truth to it.

The problem is most likely somewhere on the internet or the OP's ISP. I realize you say you can stream but most of the time you've got a buffer so you wouldn't notice little hiccups in connectivity for streaming.

There is nothing you can do if the problem is somewhere between you and bioware which is what I'd put money on.

Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
there is a problem with Dc. All who played swtor knows that.
And it is connected to the usage of the game. For some reason sometimes swtor.exe just «hang» the network line for himself and go Dc.
I've had 1 CTD since launch and every single disconnect has been my ISP because I lose my teamspeak connection with it.

DarthInsiria's Avatar


DarthInsiria
01.30.2013 , 03:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by stars_fan View Post
I know you mean this jokingly but there is some truth to it.

The problem is most likely somewhere on the internet or the OP's ISP. I realize you say you can stream but most of the time you've got a buffer so you wouldn't notice little hiccups in connectivity for streaming.

There is nothing you can do if the problem is somewhere between you and bioware which is what I'd put money on.



I've had 1 CTD since launch and every single disconnect has been my ISP because I lose my teamspeak connection with it.
Finally a response on topic, still I want to hear an answer from BW representative.

To all that posted here, read again what I wrote in my 1st comment and do not reply with things that do not apply here. It's not a topic on single day problems so do not post/spam this thread with useless information.

GrizzlesMcKenzie's Avatar


GrizzlesMcKenzie
01.30.2013 , 07:09 AM | #10
On the prophecy of the 5 server i have experienced the same issue- among others including loading screen error and the game randomly closing. However, those arent nearly as annoying as the "burst" lag i have been experiencing. Maybe once an hour or so i will have a horrible lag spike- which can be quite annoying when in a Warzone. I, too, would appreciate on official response on this- thanks.