Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

DarthVitrial
01.29.2013 , 04:26 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Neither do I, it was apparent that DK never did any research on Gravus or he wouldn't have done that to Gravus. In my world Gravus is still alive.
I guess we could assume it's a different Gravus - the game mentions there being many Darth Jugoran's. Unless the book specified that this is the Gravus that destroyed Taris, in which case it's just another example of DK butchering a character to help his own "pet" characters. (coughMeetracough)

Slowpokeking
01.29.2013 , 07:17 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial View Post
I guess we could assume it's a different Gravus - the game mentions there being many Darth Jugoran's. Unless the book specified that this is the Gravus that destroyed Taris, in which case it's just another example of DK butchering a character to help his own "pet" characters. (coughMeetracough)
I asked DK on his twitter and he said it's the same one, then I asked why the calm, cunning Sith in the game was portrayed like Thana in the book, he didn't respond.

DarthRamette
01.29.2013 , 07:25 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial View Post
it did, when the Dark Council was talking about putting him on it they mentioned what he had done on Taris. They turned this one into a pyscho who lost his cool and was more like Thana and not like the calm headed, Gravus on Taris that nothing ruffled his feathers.

DarthRamette
01.29.2013 , 07:26 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I asked DK on his twitter and he said it's the same one, then I asked why the calm, cunning Sith in the game was portrayed like Thana in the book, he didn't respond.
Figures, Gravus is one of my favorite NPC's in the game and to have him punked like he was pissed me off.

DarthRamette
01.29.2013 , 11:22 PM | #85
This is DK reply to my tweet as to why Gravus suddenly looked like thana and all psycho.... Realization of his inescapable death rattled him; someone used to pulling all the strings can rattle when the tables are turned.

DarthVitrial
01.29.2013 , 11:29 PM | #86
This is DK reply to my tweet as to why Gravus suddenly looked like thana and all psycho.... Realization of his inescapable death rattled him; someone used to pulling all the strings can rattle when the tables are turned.
Sure...now see if he can come up with an excuse for why Meetra turned into a wimpy Revan fangirl.

Still, it does makes sense, at least. TVTropes even has a term for it...Villainous Breakdown.

Meh, maybe I'm being unfair to DK. I did like Annihilation and the Bane books...I guess I'm just still angry about the Revan novel.

Slowpokeking
01.30.2013 , 12:03 AM | #87
Well he didn't have to die at first, he could let Karrid fight the pubs and steal the victory or make some other plans, instead he chose to attack Karrid when the pubs were not finished, he made his own grave, and that's not the Gravus we saw.

DarthRamette
01.30.2013 , 03:20 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Well he didn't have to die at first, he could let Karrid fight the pubs and steal the victory or make some other plans, instead he chose to attack Karrid when the pubs were not finished, he made his own grave, and that's not the Gravus we saw.
Exactly, he would have never attacked her first and abandon a battle to do it. Yes he may have panicked when he realized he was going to die but he would have never put himself into that position in the first place. He is too calculating for that.

VedaRa
09.05.2013 , 06:12 AM | #89
Neither do I, it was apparent that DK never did any research on Gravus or he wouldn't have done that to Gravus. In my world Gravus is still alive.
Yes its very clear that he did little to no research. I think that he just pulled names from the game and he didnt care about their back story in the game. Also when you look at the time this book was being worked on BW was having major issues, so I think they just let him go at it with out oversite. This book is a good case in when giving someone too much free rain can hurt an ip.
Lieutenant Commander Veda Ra
The Imperial Guard
http://www.imperialguard.org

Ausstig
09.05.2013 , 05:26 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
DK wrote a mediocre novel? I'm surprised.... I was also reeeeeeaaaaaally surprised that Jace Malcom was the father....
I was really hoping it was Tavus. "Your dad's dead, and he was a traitor". A much better 'darkness' then what we got.
Have Force lightning will travel