Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pub Vs Imp Dailies

DubFanahtic
01.29.2013 , 09:44 PM | #1
So I recently started doing dailies on my level 50 Vanguard, a change from my Imp toons, and I feel like the dailies take 2X as long as the Imperial side.

Is this just my weird confusion or are they truly "farther apart" and longer.
See you on The Harbinger!
Level 55 : Marauder / Juggernaut / Sorcerer / Assassin / Vanguard / Mercenary / Operative / Gunslinger

xomnow
01.29.2013 , 10:14 PM | #2
I personally have the exact opposite opinion. I have 4 pub 50s, and 2 imp 50s. I started with my pub 50s, and I'm very familiar with the pub dailies. Not as familiar with the imp dailies.

I suspect it's just perception. I did pub dailies for months before I ever had an imp 50 to run through. So, I "know" the pub dailies like the back of my hand and can bang them out quickly. You mentioned it feeling like things are twice as far apart - I have the exact same perception, but in reverse lol.

Athena-Nike
01.29.2013 , 10:42 PM | #3
Well I do wish the Pubs had a simple BH quest like Imps do where you just scan guys in your base and return.

OlosBC
01.30.2013 , 01:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
Well I do wish the Pubs had a simple BH quest like Imps do where you just scan guys in your base and return.
Eh, but the pub BH dailies, you can complete almost all of them in the same exact area. Much less spread out than Imp side. Also, CTS is a bit faster than EoT.

Empire feels like it has a bit of an edge in Section X now that Air Strike Codes are auto-drop and the prisoner leaders are no longer bugged. Seems to flow a lot better, and less running into a damn dungeon where you cant speeder around.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

pan_sObak
01.30.2013 , 03:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DubFanahtic View Post
So I recently started doing dailies on my level 50 Vanguard, a change from my Imp toons, and I feel like the dailies take 2X as long as the Imperial side.
Is this just my weird confusion or are they truly "farther apart" and longer.
Black Hole for Empire IMHO a bit more compact and faster
The same for Illum

And Empire side on Belsavis dailies (not Section X !) are much shorter and convinient to do

It's not mostly about time to do a quest but mainly because of time to get there i think
bad logistic
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Sorc 55, Sin 55, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 55

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 450, Syth 450

Master-Nala
01.30.2013 , 10:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
Black Hole for Empire IMHO a bit more compact and faster
The "scan guys in base" makes this true!

Quote:
The same for Illum
Personally, don't see a huge difference here.

Quote:
And Empire side on Belsavis dailies (not Section X !) are much shorter and convinient to do
Don't see this personally. The Pub dailies on Belsavis are extremely well laid out. Straight line almost through all of them.

Quote:
It's not mostly about time to do a quest but mainly because of time to get there i think
bad logistic
Agreed, but then, the Imp dailies seem worse for this. The Domination outpost quests take you a farther than the Wilderness and Meltwater quests do. When you get to the tomb, the Republic can do its Heroic 2s in the same area on the way to the final dailies which are just running in a circle around the tomb.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun, Alan

itsmymillertime
01.30.2013 , 01:39 PM | #7
Faster Dailies:

Belsavis: IMPS
Ilum: IMPS
Black Hole: PUBS
Section X: IMPS

uniz
01.30.2013 , 04:06 PM | #8
section x

republic is faster. empire has to kill certain spawns in the bunker which dont respawn that fast and are few in number. empire has a quest to free prisoners which until recently was always bugged but still has tons of mobs around the pens. quest involving killing the dread guards takes longer.

black hole

empire is faster .their h4 last boss is stupid easy as it does little damage, you cant get locked out of the room, doesnt bounce around nor has multiple aoes. one quest can be done with out leaving the quest givers. there is no waiting for nodes either that two of the non area quests have for the republic. both area quests are the same.

ilum

about the same but empire side is faster as turrets and droids in the cave dont respawn all that fast if lots of players are there for the republic. one empire quest is way out of the way and used to be always bugged but now can be done.

belsavis

empire side is faster as there isn't only five leaders spawn points that everyone needs to kill three of. same with the droids and free the commandos. empire side only has one like this getting the parts for the datacron. the savant one might be included in this but neither was as bad a the leaders ever were and are.

been doing these dailies for almost a year now. have 50s on both sides. this is just my observations doing them on well geared toons solo.

AshlaBoga
01.31.2013 , 11:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
Faster Dailies:

I haven't done the Section X dailies on my Pub, is there a decent time difference?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

SleepyKing
02.01.2013 , 01:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
Faster Dailies:

That's my experience as well. The difference in BH is mostly down to End of Torvix taking a little longer than Chasing the Shadow. Ilum on the pub side is mostly hurt by the stupid shield gathering quest. If they changed that to a 100% drop rate it would be fine. On Belsavis you have to travel a little more between quest nodes on the pub side, since the quest givers are all spread out.

The balance for the most part is not too bad, though. Except for Section X. It takes much, much longer on the republic side than on the imp side, thanks to two quests that take a hellava long time to solo, and require that you fight through most of the mobs within two moderately large dungeons.