Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game drops to second loading screen automatically

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game drops to second loading screen automatically
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthMalyss
01.29.2013 , 01:04 PM | #1
This issue just started today and has been happening about once an hour. While playing through the dailies with my wife today, the game has automatically gone to the secondary loading screen. (The one you see when boarding your ship, for example.) The wheel on the right hand corner spins, but the bar never moves from its initial position. This happened during End of Torvix and in Section X with one character, and almost immediately after I logged in with another character on Voss.

RushNFour
01.29.2013 , 02:32 PM | #2
Happened to me today as well, stepped away to make myself some lunch, and came back to a loading screen just like the OP described. Which was weird cuz I was just sitting on fleet, had to close the game and restart.
Nexus Sicarius -|- Obsidian Flame

Erädicus Rähn Kölna Xüsza Aëslìn -|- Söryn Rûsh Korünna Amärra Källee

Ebon Hawk

tanktest
01.29.2013 , 03:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMalyss View Post
This issue just started today and has been happening about once an hour. While playing through the dailies with my wife today, the game has automatically gone to the secondary loading screen. (The one you see when boarding your ship, for example.) The wheel on the right hand corner spins, but the bar never moves from its initial position. This happened during End of Torvix and in Section X with one character, and almost immediately after I logged in with another character on Voss.
this has been going on for me for a few days now along with other issue I have posted in other posts, I will be in game doing something then for no reasons the loading screen pops up I have to Ctrl alt dele out of it then log back in .. + over along play time when I log off , I posted in a post were others have this issue to I may get a black screen the mouse is there I can move it , but can not do anything else on my PC ., At that point I have to Ctrl alt dele then restart the PC and or even worse the Pc just shuts down when I try to log off the game ...

Cerimon
01.29.2013 , 03:19 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi All,

Can I ask you to post your Dxdiags to see if there is a driver or hardware commonality here.

Spoiler

Thank you for your assistance.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

dewayne
01.29.2013 , 03:40 PM | #5
Spoiler
This post has been edited to include spoiler tags – CS Forum Team

I have the same issue since fridays patch
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

Psychedelwick
01.29.2013 , 04:15 PM | #6
Spoiler
This post has been edited to include spoiler tags – CS Forum Team

This has been a recurring problem for a while. I can play for several hours and it be fine, and then for several hours it will take me to this eternal loading screen every 10-15 mins.

Cerimon
01.29.2013 , 04:28 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi All,

dewayne: Please download and install the video drivers from this link. Also, you should install the drivers for your display monitor.

Psychedelwick: Unfortunately your Intel(R) HD Graphics Family graphics processor does not have the required 256MB of dedicated video memory.

DarthMalyss
01.29.2013 , 04:31 PM | #8
Spoiler

Cerimon
01.29.2013 , 05:58 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi DarthMalyss,

You may need to use the OEM video drivers for your machine available from here.

Please run Windows Update and install any available important updates and also the updates for .Net Framework and C++ Redistributables.

Please also log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired.

Feel free to post again if your issue persists.

Abashai
01.29.2013 , 06:34 PM | #10
I am having the same issue since the patch on Friday. I upgraded my 680M drivers from Nvidia this morning but it didn't help. I get the exact same loading screen right after I noticed my latency meter go red and had an X on it. I can still access the internet from my browser and everything else is ok.

Having an extensive IT background (Senior Engineer at Microsoft) I know it is not my system. I have been playing WoW most of the weekend without any latency issues. I have a feeling there is a memory leak or something in the latest patch.