Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Min/Maxing Elite War Hero Gear efficiently (DPS/Heals)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Min/Maxing Elite War Hero Gear efficiently (DPS/Heals)

iDraxter
01.29.2013 , 08:08 AM | #21
just curious how much expertise a DPS should stop at(i constantly inspect ppl to see how they thought of going) i i`m holding at 1208 curently (both crystals with power + bracer and belt with pve armoring) i did meet some others that dropped to 1100 expertise by also using pve mods in main hand and offhand(hilts/barrel) and don`t know if i should too, also do u use main stat augments or power? Ty

Krayshawn
01.29.2013 , 08:16 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
just curious how much expertise a DPS should stop at(i constantly inspect ppl to see how they thought of going) i i`m holding at 1208 curently (both crystals with power + bracer and belt with pve armoring) i did meet some others that dropped to 1100 expertise by also using pve mods in main hand and offhand(hilts/barrel) and don`t know if i should too, also do u use main stat augments or power? Ty
I recommend main stat augments. When it comes to expertise i see many drop below 1200, if you don't have one of your EWH weapons, you can pick up a barrel/hilt/armoring for one to get maximum force/tech power...
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

ArchangelLBC
01.29.2013 , 08:21 AM | #23
I always use mainstat augments.

Also while there is a strong argument for using Power Crystals over expertise (best tradeout of expertise for DPS stats imo) or even PVE hilts or armorings, you should never use PVE mods or enhancements as the expertise tradeoff for one or two secondary/tertiary stats just isn't worth it (unless you meant mods as a general term. Can get confusing since there is an actual item modification called a mod, and yet we also use the term as short hand for any item modification).

I currently sit between 1214 and 1264 expertise on my shadow. Some argue for more some for less. Haven't really mathed out which is better though some claim you hit DR on expertise even lower (while others claim that going even higher is better).

If you are going to trade out though, I would trade out your crystals first, then do PVE hilts/barrels if you don't already have elite war hero, then look at armorings. If you're depending on PVE armorings for set bonuses (because you think Tionese/Columi/Rakata looks dumb) then do those first then crystals then hilts etc.

Also, I personally believe dipping below 1100 expertise is a mistake, but try things out and see what works for you. I guarantee you'll feel squishier with lower expertise, but by the same token dying in 2 GCDs is a function of focus fire and expertise won't save you then.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Nevullis
01.29.2013 , 03:03 PM | #24
Bump this... excellent info and you need to keep updating as much as you can man.
Discopain Lvl 55 sorc
Discokream Lvl 55 merc
Discoherps Lvl 55 trooper

_ray_
02.06.2013 , 01:47 PM | #25
Greaf info, exactly what i was looking for. This will make gearing up alot easier for me. Keep up the good work.

Domatron
02.06.2013 , 03:17 PM | #26
FYI for people that use offhand focus/gen/shield don't even buy the EWH version. Rip an armor from a set of EWH bracers or belt and use it in your offhand, saves a lot of comms.

ArchangelLBC
02.06.2013 , 03:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Domatron View Post
FYI for people that use offhand focus/gen/shield don't even buy the EWH version. Rip an armor from a set of EWH bracers or belt and use it in your offhand, saves a lot of comms.
I mentioned that in the guide, but it was kind of an aside so I really want to emphasize this. If you aren't a dual wielding class(or an agent/smuggler) don't bother getting an Elite War Hero offhand no matter what you do. So much easier to get a belt or bracers (bracers are cheaper but the belts may have the better mod), and then fill in the enhancement with something else.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

JestersRevenge
02.16.2013 , 09:55 AM | #28
Bump. Appreciate the effort and sharing with community.

Thunn
02.25.2013 , 01:37 PM | #29
Very good info, thank you sir.

JasonChmiel
02.27.2013 , 07:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
No. Always go with the high secondary stat mods. 51 Aim/41 Power or 51 Aim/41 Crit ( think those numbers are correct).
I disagree with this statement. If you have an ideal place for end., you can achieve it through mods. Most ACs have a % bonus to mainstat that you spec into anyways, so the loss from bonus healing/bonus damage is really minimal. If anything, you are gaining more crit from the high mainstat mods you decide to use with power on them, and a minimal difference between those and the mods with crit as the high secondary stat.

End. = survivability = more dmg overall.

The only two AC's I would venture to say could benefit from higher secondary stat all around are shadow/assassin and sentinel/marauder. Powertech/Vanguard can as well depending on your build.
Parthenea Scoundrel Trimbo Sentinel Thrice Shadow
Metis Operative Neurox Powertech Giulieta Juggarnaut Aysu Assassin Mystik Marauder
Casual @ PoT5