Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear SWTOR Creators/Developers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Dear SWTOR Creators/Developers...

Jayshames
01.29.2013 , 01:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
6. merc/comando = requires the most skill to play, has escape issues. does good dps if no mele is attacking them.
Doesn't this apply to all DPS classes?

The 3 classes that can heal all have very poor DPS, they need to be made more viable as DPS or replace the DPS trees with something better.

Omophorus
01.29.2013 , 01:44 PM | #12
I highly doubt they will nerf them, every game needs a beginer class for new players. in the grand scheme of things it usually will go like this.

1. mara/sents gaurd / jug = ultra easy class to play, everyone can roll it and be sucessful, has some of the best utilities in game and really great dps.
2. assin/shadow = really easy class to play, has great utilities and damage mitigation, and has great dps.
3. PT/VG = really great burst dps, but with out a pocket healer are really squishy for a heavy armor type.
4. OP / Scondrel = some really great healer abilities and excells in pvp healing.
5. sorc/sage = requires some skill to play being most of their abilities have cast times, can be squishy and is gear relient to be usefull.
6. merc/comando = requires the most skill to play, has escape issues. does good dps if no mele is attacking them.
This list is so remarkably full of crap I don't even know where to begin. You trollin', right?
Srs'bsns, Deposer of the Dread Masters
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"
GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk

Kontraz
01.29.2013 , 02:05 PM | #13
I highly doubt they will nerf them, every game needs a beginer class for new players. in the grand scheme of things it usually will go like this.

1. mara/sents gaurd / jug = ultra easy class to play, everyone can roll it and be sucessful, has some of the best utilities in game and really great dps.
2. assin/shadow = really easy class to play, has great utilities and damage mitigation, and has great dps.
3. PT/VG = really great burst dps, but with out a pocket healer are really squishy for a heavy armor type.
4. OP / Scondrel = some really great healer abilities and excells in pvp healing.
5. sorc/sage = requires some skill to play being most of their abilities have cast times, can be squishy and is gear relient to be usefull.
last I checked, making some classes better (not just more difficult to play, but better dps, utility, etc) does not qualify as balance. And since when did MMOs have an "easy mode" for "beginners" via class?

DarthOvertone
01.29.2013 , 02:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DeadlyBoy View Post
Figure the more the better? Maybe they will see it.
If you want BW to actually see and read your complaint, you should title the thread My Cartel Market Gear is Bugged...and then post your QQ about Smash.

I highly doubt they will nerf them, every game needs a beginer class for new players.
You know...I think there is some truth to your main point. I don't agree that Smash spec is a beginner spec. However, the primary DPS rotation certainly is facile.

However, this is not unique to Lolsmashers. PT/Vans also have a simplistic rotation, actually the simplest. The question really is: Why do these easy rotations exist? I don't think it's for beginners so much as these specs are designed to be Clicker-Friendly.

I think you are correct that BW is thinking about how to appease it's entire audience of players, but it's not the beginners they are trying to satisfy.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Kontraz
01.29.2013 , 02:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post

Bad PT/Vans also have a simplistic rotation, actually the simplest, and still be effective
fixed ^_^

Arlanon
01.29.2013 , 02:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone
I think you are correct that BW is thinking about how to appease it's entire audience of players, but it's not the beginners they are trying to satisfy.
It's a mainstream game trying to make money. They've got to try to appeal to as broad a playerbase as possible.

If every class was a high skill class you'd alienate the casuals and the bads (not necessarily the same thing)

Without casuals and bads, the game would have many less subs than it does now

This is a themepark MMO. Ever been to a real theme park? They have rides for all ages.

Speaking of which, who wants to go to Kennywood with me this summer? It's been years since I've gone and it's no fun going alone.