Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current Ops Progression (NMEC/HMTFB)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Current Ops Progression (NMEC/HMTFB)

WillLongstick
01.28.2013 , 07:05 PM | #131
Can we back off the Marauder elitism for a bit and go back to a more important point: How the hell did you guys not get the raid wiper with 2 DPS down at the end? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you got the kill and didn't wipe at 1%, I'd hate to hear in the news about a guild committing mass seppuku. I'd just like to know how to avoid the raid wiper myself.

GOBGoat
01.28.2013 , 07:57 PM | #132
My theory, and it is nothing more than that because I have no proof, is that the game checks to see if two people are dead every so often (say every 5 seconds for example) and if two are dead it kills everyone. The reason I say this is because sometimes when two die he does it immediately and sometimes its a few seconds later. If that is the way it works I would guess we just got lucky and had the second person die right after a check. We have also had him do it when only one was dead but one had died earlier in the fight and we had used a battle res.

On another note about all the marauder hate. Does it really matter? He's dead which means everyone in the group did enough.

Uglyworm
01.29.2013 , 01:04 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post
We run 2 Anni Maras in our raid (Myself and Crimzin), neither of us "save" moves for parts of a fight. This video made me ache. I wish Op would write a guide for Anni now. And you realize that by "saving" moves, you're dicking over your dps?
http://i.imgur.com/9iB6kyv.png

Ezmith
01.29.2013 , 01:16 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Uglyworm View Post
So I guess you don't understand dates and numbers?
~GM/RL of Haterade~
~ Mithris ~ Mithril ~ Mithari ~ Mitharis ~ Mithic ~ Mith ~ Mithira ~ Mithali ~

Uglyworm
01.29.2013 , 01:22 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Ezmith View Post
So I guess you don't understand dates and numbers?
Oh sorry, it was four days not three. That one extra day totally nullifies my point.

shadynut
01.29.2013 , 01:30 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by WillLongstick View Post
Can we back off the Marauder elitism for a bit and go back to a more important point: How the hell did you guys not get the raid wiper with 2 DPS down at the end? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you got the kill and didn't wipe at 1%, I'd hate to hear in the news about a guild committing mass seppuku. I'd just like to know how to avoid the raid wiper myself.
Hm, you're right this is a bit odd. It's about 8 seconds between the second player death and Kephess getting downed whereas he normally casts that gigantic instawipe AOE as soon as that second death happens.
Andilus Sirandi
<The Silver Order>

Ezmith
01.29.2013 , 01:31 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Uglyworm View Post
Oh sorry, it was four days not three. That one extra day totally nullifies my point.
Nope, try again, you might get it eventually.
~GM/RL of Haterade~

Uglyworm
01.29.2013 , 01:33 PM | #138
Nope, try again, you might get it eventually.
Per the OP:

APEX (USCG_Davis's guild) killed Kephess on 1/23
Psy-Ops (the guild he was criticizing) killed Kephess on 1/27

Ezmith
01.29.2013 , 01:34 PM | #139
Can you not read? My sig does say Haterade?
~GM/RL of Haterade~

Uglyworm
01.29.2013 , 01:35 PM | #140
Can you not read? My sig does say Haterade?
Can YOU not read? I was quoting USCG_Davis, not you.