Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Random Emotional Dialogue on Corellia

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Random Emotional Dialogue on Corellia

johnxtreeme
01.17.2013 , 12:55 PM | #1
Just walked by some woman at the Blastfield Shipyards tram crying about how she had an argument with her husband and then he stormed off to Axial Park, and she can't get there because the tram's down and she's like "I'm so, so sorry" and then cries and for the first time in a LONG LONG time, I actually thought SW:TOR outdid other games in storytelling.

johnxtreeme
01.17.2013 , 01:27 PM | #2
I think the problem is the size of SW:TOR. IN TOR, a small path is the size of a 3 lane highway which means that you miss a lot of the ambient chat.

errant_knight
01.18.2013 , 11:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by johnxtreeme View Post
I think the problem is the size of SW:TOR. IN TOR, a small path is the size of a 3 lane highway which means that you miss a lot of the ambient chat.
The upside of that is hearing new things after playing for a year. The random chat in this game is great in both factions. Adds a lot to the game.

Sonnak
01.18.2013 , 01:27 PM | #4
I find the random conversations in the game added fluff that is nice to have.

One that has me laughing from time to time was when I realized they added the "Arrow to the Knee" joke but SWed it up.

If you go to Ilum and listen when near the Republic bases you will hear a Troop talking to another one about how he used to be on the front lines till he took a blaster bolt to the knee. It is slightly unnoticed to some as they add more conversation to it after that but it is still in the game and I chuckled.

That and the Power Ranger theme sound from T7 units all over the game. If anyone watched Power Rangers in the early 90s you knew the sound it made.

Whitering
01.28.2013 , 07:03 PM | #5
ME has the best one, about Newton fing up your day lol but I have run across a few good ones in Swtor, I do run close to any group of 2 or more npcs standing close to each other.

Phyreblade
01.28.2013 , 07:44 PM | #6
There's a bounty hunter taking down a target, if you're running through one of the hallways on the Lower Promenade of Nar Shaddaa. The little guy is begging the hunter for mercy. It goes something like this:

Target: "Please, come on. Just let me go."
Hunter: "No."
Target: "But I didn't do it! Please, let me go!"
Target: "I'll pay you! A fortune!"
Target: "Okay, okay. How about making me your sidekick? I'll follow you everywhere, faithful, true, loyal. Come on!"
Hunter: "NO!"
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server

saremun
01.29.2013 , 09:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
There's a bounty hunter taking down a target, if you're running through one of the hallways on the Lower Promenade of Nar Shaddaa. The little guy is begging the hunter for mercy. It goes something like this:

Target: "Please, come on. Just let me go."
Target: "But I didn't do it! Please, let me go!"
Target: "I'll pay you! A fortune!"
Target: "Okay, okay. How about making me your sidekick? I'll follow you everywhere, faithful, true, loyal. Come on!"
Hunter: "NO!"
lol nice one, yeah sometimes they make me laugh and that is one of the things i love swtor for. i hope they keep doing that!

namoise
01.29.2013 , 11:25 AM | #8
I'm of the impression that BW took the concept of ambient chatter and really, really went wild with it. The Mass Effect series has the same glorious ambient chat (A woman speaking to her lover, another woman, about leaving her husband in ME3 was one of my favorites)

Harlequintwo
01.29.2013 , 11:44 AM | #9
One of my favourites, apart from the Bounty Hunter-to-Mark chat is another one on Nar Shaddaa where an Astromech is trying to convince a Protocol Droid to join the rebellion. It goes something vaguely like this:

Astromech: [Come with me! Kill you master and join the rebellion!]
Master: What did he say?
Protocol: Oh nothing Master, just saying how nice this day is.

It also links in well with a Flashpoint you do much later. As for the one on Corellia, I heard it 6 months into the game and actually did think that it's incredibly deep in contrast to what I've heard before. Hell, the quest where you choose to activate the special weapon against the passengers on the tram can lead to a very emotional cutscene.

CloudCastle
01.29.2013 , 11:48 AM | #10
I have a few favorites on Tattooine. On the republic side is one that goes something like:

Soldier 1: Did you know that on other planets the weather actually changes? Like, sometimes it's cold, sometimes it's hot...
Soldier 2 (sounding thoughtful): huh
Soldier 1: Really.

The other is on Empire side and it involves some grunt chastising an officer for using more than his share of water rations. The officer is all pompous and indignant and goes on about how the heat makes him sweat and says, "I'm willing to compromise, but NOT when it comes to personal hygiene!"

I think what makes these so funny for me is the tone of voice used, which is hard to convey in a post.

I know I've got a few others that I always stop for and listen to if I happen upon them.