Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Improvement in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DPS Improvement in PVP

MusicRider
01.28.2013 , 06:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Blockk View Post

Hi all - as the title suggests Im looking to improve my DPS stats in PVP with both my Sentinel and Commando
Hi. Just my 2 cents. I think the first thing you need to make sure is that you are getting your rotations/finishing moves right. Pvp is dynamic but there is still room for "rotations". To improve on this practise in pve or with a dummy, if you can't get the rotations right in pve there is no way you can get them right in pvp. Also how well gear are you and what specs do you play? As a sentinel do you use your def cds properly. As a sentinel for example use your warzone medpack after guarded by the force which in turn use it quickly as soon as you hit 20% health more or less.

Yeochins
01.28.2013 , 07:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by glocklB View Post
Hey, stop offending big numbers. If you need 10 seconds to find another target and you do nothing until this, then i would say "do it in 1-2 seconds, and you'll have the same 300k".

None of my friends would call me chasing kills or damage, but i usually have 300-500k damage in non-huttball wzs (300k medal in 1st round of voidstar is pretty ordinary thing). I totally agree with guy noted that it's very important to choose targets wisely. I often happen to switch between targets to help/finish someone, mostly i push healers or assist our healer being chased by enemy melees.

Believe or not, but i've been in many games, that proved my usefulness to the team. For example, i had games in hypergate when score was 81 vs 111 (2 vs 12 kills) after 1-2 mins while i was guarding, after replacing someone in mid score not even once could "magically" change to something like 230-222 after 2nd explosion.

What i want to say is: believe it or not, but damage is still part of competion (with PARTIAL exception to huttball, but still in some games you need decent damage even in huttball). Without good damage your team just won't be able to capture the node/kill the ball-carrier. I don't know what damage numbers i would have gained if i would chase damage - definitely more, but objectives are always first. Few well placed ccs can turn tide of game, escape pull can save healer's life and prevent opponent from node capture after killing the healer and fast killing rest defenders etc, etc. Damage only serves the same goal - to help your team to win.

PS: i admit that there are lots of players really chasing damage/kills having big numbers and ignoring objectives. but seriously, it's far from to be truth about numbers like 300-500k depending on game length.

PPS: note, that i have min/maxed gear and really decent stats. I'm madness sorc and no, i'm not spreading my dots more then on 2 opponents at once.
It really doesn't. If you were doing a good job as a DPS then they would have been wiping and be locked out behind a door timer unless they're on the attack on Voidstar. Additionally they'd have to run back into the action. This is give or take 20 seconds of downtime.

If the game is long it means you weren't wiping or focusing people effectively. This includes the stealther who
remains stealthed to block node caps by sapping everyone.

LarryRow
01.28.2013 , 10:11 AM | #23
Yeochins you are right on the money. The warzones where I have done my highest damage were the most boring and frustrating warzones I have played because I couldn't kill anyone.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Lionflash
01.28.2013 , 10:19 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Blockk View Post
Commando a bit easier to obtain higher DPS and I guess this is beacuse of the AOE abilities
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Posted from the asylum?
You'd be surprised how much damage you can do with Fusion Missle > Explosive Dart > Death From Above when the enemy clumps up together, kinda like with Smash/Sweep, except harder to pull off. The trick is to do Death From Above last; they spread out like a school of scared fish as soon as they see that AoE ground target.

(I once saw someone use Stealth Scan offensively by setting it on top of their heal as he was being attacked... everyone just subconciously wants to get out of the ground AoE regardless, pretty clever).

AngusFTW
01.29.2013 , 11:02 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeochins View Post
The issue is not hitting 300K, 400K, 500K, or 600K damage. The issue is bringing that number down. What do I mean by that? Well if you're hitting big numbers, unless you're the only DPS on your team doing ANYTHING, it means that you suck at playing DPS.
Most of what you posted is useful but this i do not agree with.. at all.. lol..
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch