Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent influx of WZ bads

LarryRow
01.25.2013 , 10:22 AM | #31
I have noticed a balance shift too, especially huttball for some reason. Not just headless-chicken undergeared imps, but pubs who actually play decent huttball.

There are a lot of bad players on this server on both sides, anyway. For evidence, i cite my soaring win ratio whenever I group up with my rather mediocre guildmates.

Thankfully, it's been a handful of days since anyone pulled the "I capped grass but I'm too awesome to guard it, so someone else come guard it, kthxbai." :::seconds later grass is capped by imps:::
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

cycao
01.25.2013 , 10:40 AM | #32
I got called a bad player for not taking east at the start of a nc when they sent 4 players right off the bat. After I called 4 inc and stalled as long as possible it was lost...my team was not able to cap south 4v7 and it was all my fault.

Master_Nate
01.25.2013 , 11:23 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I got called a bad player for not taking east at the start of a nc when they sent 4 players right off the bat. After I called 4 inc and stalled as long as possible it was lost...my team was not able to cap south 4v7 and it was all my fault.
If it matters, you are not a bad player to me.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

Kurvv
01.25.2013 , 11:51 AM | #34
Yesterday I gently suggested to some of my teammates (none of whom were able to break 100k dmg or healing in a CW) that they make a guild called "Pub Scrub Club" and all join it. It went over really well (I got a LOT of great constructive criticism), and I would recommend that imps try a similar approach. Maybe call it "Imp Gimp Wimps". Just a suggestion so that when you see anyone in that guild on your team, you have ample time to lube up.
My preferred method of cc is death

Fievre
01.26.2013 , 09:31 AM | #35
soz guis i ruint ur pvp.

just kidding, my only issue after coming back after a year hiatus was having cent/champ gear, whoops. i may not be able to kill anyone yet but at least i stick to objectives as best as i can. ;-;

ktkenshinx
01.26.2013 , 07:30 PM | #36
Pubs definitely have a focus fire problem. Not sure about Imps, but it is very noticeable on the Republic side of things.

I see this all the time in Novare, where I will always pick out one of the enemy healers in the first 15 seconds of the game, put an enormous crosshair over his head, and try and take him down. If I am lucky, I get one person helping me out. If am extra lucky, the healer is not part of a premade and I can drop him. But if not, I just turn on the Benny Hill theme and try to bury him before all the taunts and guards and bubbles and other healers outpace my damage.

It's like some Pubs are scared by those big symbols and decide to go nowhere near the marked targets.

(Yakety Sax included for fellow DPSers trying to chase down healers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpc5_3B5xdk)
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

dedzepln
01.29.2013 , 05:04 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by DionPhaneuf View Post
Is it just me.. or have you guys noticed that there r a heck of a lot more baddies (especially on the imp side) in WZs over the last couple weeks. Is it the simple fact that a lot of the f2p and new accounts r reaching 50 and havent figured out really how to play their class yet? I mean it's becoming a pandemic of bad players/pvpers getting into every wz I play. A typical WZ in the past might have had 1-2 bads on average, but lately its closer to 3-4 in each group that don't do dmg, dont do objective, dont do anything useful at all.

I know the bads dont frequent the forums..hell i dont frequent the forums often.. so I am not gonna bother calling out specifics or giving advice, just wanted to call attention to this outbreak of contagious badness that seems to be lingering around Prophecy of Five.

-Mez
...Actually you are the one that's bad. You're just grouping with moar people on your skill level.

islander
01.29.2013 , 09:21 AM | #38
fights were unusually good and balanced last night. I think I only went 3 and 4 for the night, but every single warzone was closely contested win or loss. Had a Hypergates loss that was 890 to 860 I think, among others.
I kept waiting for those baddie Repubs to show up for a zone or two, but they never did. Just more Hostile Takeover and Hoth Ski Patrol goods.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Molokia
01.29.2013 , 10:18 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Hywhan View Post
Make friends.
You have none.

Jarfunkz
01.29.2013 , 05:17 PM | #40
I can only assume they are from The Fatman and Bastion...
VicVega