Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank build with Retractable blade

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Vanguard
Tank build with Retractable blade

OlosBC
01.29.2013 , 01:50 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Noxxic recommends this is Noxxic wrong?
Thanks
That build is indeed wrong in several ways. It's just pretty generally bad. I guess it's going for pvp utility? I dunno?

Don't use noxxic. It's pretty wrong in most cases.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

unluckyperson
01.31.2013 , 05:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
That build is indeed wrong in several ways. It's just pretty generally bad. I guess it's going for pvp utility? I dunno?

Don't use noxxic. It's pretty wrong in most cases.
It's a pvp build is what it is. It's not necessarily wrong.

Kitru
01.31.2013 , 06:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Mantang View Post
This simply just isn't true.
For pure damage, I compare the nominal worst case: Energy Blast + Hammer Shot (the lowest damage GCD you should be using) to Gut used on a full cycle. Energy Blast + Hammer Shot actually deals in something like 20% more total damage than Gut will on a single target. If you're talking about target cycling (the Gut DoT isn't actually all that strong unless you go deep Tactics and are running in the proper Cell), you're screwing yourself over by draining your Ammo way faster than you should be. 1 target alone puts you pretty heavily in the red for Ammo maintenance, especially when you consider the required costs associated with Stockstrike and HiB on CD. While you might be able to do more damage with Gut in a *vacuum*, the practical limitations of VG tanking and the need to conserve ammo mean that you'll actually do substantially *more* damage with Energy Blast, even in AoE or multi-target situations where you could conceivably roll Gut on multiple targets.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Talon_Starfire
01.31.2013 , 07:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
For pure damage, I compare the nominal worst case: Energy Blast + Hammer Shot (the lowest damage GCD you should be using) to Gut used on a full cycle. Energy Blast + Hammer Shot actually deals in something like 20% more total damage than Gut will on a single target. If you're talking about target cycling (the Gut DoT isn't actually all that strong unless you go deep Tactics and are running in the proper Cell), you're screwing yourself over by draining your Ammo way faster than you should be. 1 target alone puts you pretty heavily in the red for Ammo maintenance, especially when you consider the required costs associated with Stockstrike and HiB on CD. While you might be able to do more damage with Gut in a *vacuum*, the practical limitations of VG tanking and the need to conserve ammo mean that you'll actually do substantially *more* damage with Energy Blast, even in AoE or multi-target situations where you could conceivably roll Gut on multiple targets.
Does Energy Blast trigger HiB?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Kitru
01.31.2013 , 09:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Does Energy Blast trigger HiB?
No, but it doesn't need to since Stockstrike, which is your biggest hitter, highest priority attack, and on a wonderfully short ~4.5 sec CD as a tank, has a 100% chance to apply it.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.