Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What does DP's mean

Scartha_
01.28.2013 , 08:39 PM | #1
To all
I have seen this DP's around the game. But what does it mean ?

Count_Midnite
01.28.2013 , 08:55 PM | #2
Damage Per Second.
A person or class specced to do as much damage to enemies as much as possible.

Whitelightr
01.28.2013 , 11:12 PM | #3
DPS=Damage per second
For example if you do 1,000 damage every second, your dps is 1,000. Usually dps is useful in PvE settings
DPS does NOT=damage, people usually say DPS when they are really taking about pure damage.

basically:
Damage- a raw number (IE my force scream crits for 5k damage)
DPS- damage/time (IE my dps is 1700). Most used when talking PvE
Burst- kind of like DPS but instead of a constant rate over time it spikes. (IE you do 500dps, then time abilities and burst to 2000dps, then back down to 500dps) Most used when talking PvP
Darklightr/Overpoweredtech
PT Tanks
Select Few

SnoggyMack
01.29.2013 , 12:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Whitelightr View Post
Most used when talking PvE
DPS is relevant to PVE in the context of specific encounters, which usually are what people are doing PVE content for. In other words, the damage is being measured (and sometimes logged and charted) over the period of time you find in a specific encounter, like an operation/raid.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

rgrocott
01.29.2013 , 01:17 PM | #5
In General Chat, DPS most often refers to a player's role in a group, meaning they're damage-dealers rather than healers or tanks. For instance a 4-player Flashpoint group generally consists of one Tank, one Healer, and two DPS.

"LF2M for Cademimu, Healer and DPS needed" means that one Tank and one DPS player are trying to fill a group for the Cademimu flashpoint, so they are looking for two more players - one healer and one DPS.