Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed With The Romance Options

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Disappointed With The Romance Options

Tamyn
01.27.2013 , 03:23 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bemala View Post
I desperately want my female Jedi knight to romance with Sith Lord Scourge - that would really be worth a story (instead of slimy Doc)! Thanks for considering, Bioware!
I like Scourge much better than selfish Doc also. Scourge's talks about how he doesn't really feel anymore and about his faint memories of his last lover are more compelling than Doc whining about not being famous.

Feztonio
01.27.2013 , 03:33 AM | #22
when you get married you get i think 3 emails - at least i did from mako. came within like 24 to 48 hours of reaching 10000 max affection with her and doing all the conversation branches. after that nothing further... not that i mind or don't mind. just don't think the same-sex romance that everyone has been allegedly clamoring for really makes a big deal. 3 in-game emails with a lvl 1 purple companion gift doesn't exactly light the world on fire. it's the only companion i got to 10000 so perhaps some of the other storylines are more exciting and interesting but the BH one - and i've got 2 lvl 50 bh's both with 10000 affection to mako - just seems like one more random sidequest and not that game changing.
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

SilentKitty
01.27.2013 , 09:25 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamyn View Post
I like Scourge much better than selfish Doc also. Scourge's talks about how he doesn't really feel anymore and about his faint memories of his last lover are more compelling than Doc whining about not being famous.
Well, that was interesting. I found Doc to be one of the best BioWare romances that I have done in quite some time. Different people like different things as always. Actually like him better than Malavi Quinn which I found a little surprising. Quinn is sweet, but a little on the boring side for me.

DarthRamette
01.28.2013 , 07:11 PM | #24
Never played a Pub and never will but other then with Quinn, I hated the Imperial Romances for a women. The BH option with Torian was like a little brother, Inquisitor sucked and Agent has a bug boy...how about no.

Tattari
01.31.2013 , 05:09 PM | #25
My biggest beef with the romances in this game is summed up with this post I made for Tumblr:

"Was thinking earlier about the SWTOR romance options…
The guys get the aliens. We get…one.

Republic

JK Male: Kira (human female padawan), Female: Doc (human male)
JC Male: Nadia (alien female padawan), Female: Iresso (human male) Taran (human male)
TR Male: Elara (human female), Female: Aric (alien male)
SM Male: Risha (human female) Akaavi (alien female), Female: Corso (human male)

Empire

SW Male: Vette (alien female) Jaesa (human female apprentice), Female: Quinn (human male) Pierce (human male)
SI Male: Ashara (alien female apprentice), Female: Andronikos (human male)
BH Male: Mako (human female with cyborg implants), Female: Torian (human male)
IA Male: Kaliyo (alien female) Temple (human female) Female: Vector (human male that has been affected by alien hive mind)

So…here’s what we have…one actual alien for us women (vector doesn’t really count as he is stil human) and the guys get five.

:|

They also get ALL of the padawans/apprentices as LIs while we do not.

3 classes, the guys get two options. We don’t, actually. Because our “second” option in two classes are only one night stands.

…..what the hell Bioware? You think us women don’t like us some alien ***? Or that we may want an extra option when say….a companion tries to kill you?

:|

You better fix this soon. Either with new companions, or taking some of the non-romancable companions (*cough*GAULT/LORD SCOURGE*cough*) and making them LIs at a later point in the story."

I LOVED Quinn however, even despite things later in the story. Niko was ok, a little dry, but not bad. I watched the Torian romance on youtube and just find that way too dull for my BH (she wants Gault dammit!!). Haven't gotten Vector yet, haven't even reached the romance with Aric, and everyone else...still have yet to get to. Corso I *********** hated. Just no.

But...for us women, we have some ****** options. And no aliens outside Aric. The ****? I've heard far more positive things from male players about their options than bad, though I have heard of some issues with them as well, but we kind of got shafted (no pun intended).

It's why I would so DEARLY LOVE IT if BW, in a future story content update, would make some the non-human and late companions LIs. You're characters have already become friends or partners, or at least respect has been gained between toon and companion that a future romance with them could be likely.

SithKoriandr
01.31.2013 , 05:19 PM | #26
I was just thinking the other day how I really couldn't see my Trooper (Chiss) with the catboy. :/ Then I thought of rerolling my Trooper to Twilek AND STILL couldn't see her with catboy.

blunite
02.02.2013 , 05:02 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamyn View Post
This would be a perfect opening for Scourge to rediscover his feelings ,with the female Jedi Knight. And the comments about him training the children would fit in nicely also. A Jedi knight falling for a Sith Lord, could be a fun story.

Lazengan
02.02.2013 , 12:41 PM | #28
believe it or not, some of us actually buy video games for gameplay and a star wars story experience

not for a waifu/husbando simulator

If I imagined myself as my character I am roleplaying, I would never romance Dorne or Grell. I don't want that kind of personality in a relationship.

I don't have a single romance playthrough on my characters, and I really enjoyed the platonic, friendship and sometimes rivalry, it allows them to stay in character more and remain consistent with my own character's personality. Not everything is about bad fanfic romance, go read a novel if you want that

SithKoriandr
02.04.2013 , 07:15 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazengan View Post
believe it or not, some of us actually buy video games for gameplay and a star wars story experience

If I imagined myself as my character I am roleplaying, I would never romance Dorne or Grell. I don't want that kind of personality in a relationship.

I don't have a single romance playthrough on my characters, and I really enjoyed the platonic, friendship and sometimes rivalry, it allows them to stay in character more and remain consistent with my own character's personality. Not everything is about bad fanfic romance, go read a novel if you want that
I've never heard many complaints about Mako. And I don't think many players play TOR strictly because of the romance. For the few who play strictly for the romance storyline, I can't imagine them staying around long. It's a nice fun little side thing, but nothing more than that.

Revanchis
02.04.2013 , 09:52 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazengan View Post

That's fine if you don't like it but some people do. Saying that they should just go read a novel instead is like telling the PvP people to **** off and go play Halo. It's not the same thing.