Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Sorc Gear advice.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sith Sorc Gear advice.

abhaxus
01.28.2013 , 11:25 AM | #11
Where are you getting better force management from? Waaay better force management in heal tree from no penalty consumption after innervate.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando

thesadplanet
01.28.2013 , 11:36 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by abhaxus View Post
Where are you getting better force management from? Waaay better force management in heal tree from no penalty consumption after innervate.
Lightning Effusion: Force attacks that critically hit have a 50/100% chance to grant lightning effusion, reducing the force cost of your next two force abilities by 50%.

Subversion: "Lightning Strike has a 100% chance to increase your force regeneration rate by 10% for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times."

As long as you dot a few people and use force lightning once in a while, its pretty difficult to run out of force. Not to mention that you don't have to hurt yourself in order to use it.

abhaxus
01.28.2013 , 11:40 AM | #13
I don't see gimping yourself even more in the heal tree to pick up effusion. I used to spec effusion before the fadeout change (when it gave you 20s CD on force speed) and it does help. But since affliction crits don't proc effusion, I don't see why you would spec it as a healer now. Better to use consumption then resurgence on yourself.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando

thesadplanet
01.28.2013 , 02:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by abhaxus View Post
I don't see gimping yourself even more in the heal tree to pick up effusion. I used to spec effusion before the fadeout change (when it gave you 20s CD on force speed) and it does help. But since affliction crits don't proc effusion, I don't see why you would spec it as a healer now. Better to use consumption then resurgence on yourself.
So once you get up to innervate in corruption and backlash in lightning, what do you take with your remaining 3 points? Personally, any small net heal gain id get from any combination of life surge/dark resilience/haunting presence/ will of the sith is not worth losing the improved resource management.

abhaxus
01.28.2013 , 02:44 PM | #15
I put 23/17/1 personally. I have toyed with a few days different builds, but with dark resilience, a reckless unnatural preservation + wz medpac combo heals for almost half my health bar. Stun, reckless, dark infusion, UP, bubble, medpac is basically a 0-100 percent heal in combat. Not much is more demoralizing than that. If you are actually trying to be a hybrid, and shooting for 200k dmg/300k heal in every wz, then sure, take effusion. But healers should look at improving their heals. With free respec there is no reason to actually PLAY a hybrid sorc healer now. Take some time to set up your quickbars and you can change from full/bubble heal to full dps in about 10 seconds. Just spec before the wz starts if your team needs healers or vice versa. Since we don't gear for accuracy there isnt really even a need to regear yourself for DPS.

Tl;dr: I don't see much value in a true healer doing much damage and wasting GCDs on attacking to pric force management when heal spec can do it anyway if you play intelligently.

Jepplen
01.28.2013 , 04:43 PM | #16
The absolute best thing to do is to read through all the skill abilities and make your own build after your own play style.
That will make YOU the most effective healer you can be right now.

You can always use premade builds, but don't expect end up with the same result as the one who has experience in that particular build.
So saying this is better than that and vice versa.. is pointless, it all comes down to how you use it.

Jayshames
01.28.2013 , 04:49 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
False.

I have all three and actually prefer my sorc healer. Even without the bubble stun I regularly get top heals and have surpassed operative healers several times. Off the top of my head I can only remember one time an operative beat me and that player was from one of the top pvp guilds on the server, and even then it wasn't by a lot. My point being, sorc healing in pvp is hardly "gimped" and you don't have a clue wth you're talking about.
Yes sorc healers have the best heals, but Operatives have far more survivability and are actually capable of stealth caping nodes (rarely but happens)