Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 03:18 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Right sorry, I was looking at The Ravager where it just has it being a battleship not so much a captial ship. But really the only differences between the Ravager and an Interdictor would be the ion cannons and torpedo launchers.

A Kyramund battleship is enough to destroy the Ravanger, its got 25 medium turbolasers and 10 heavy concussion missile launchers with 80 torpedos. Just have a couple of them open fire on the Ravager and destroy it.
I would agree with you on that point. But then again, it all depends on the situation...

Aurbere
01.28.2013 , 03:21 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Going to Yavin IV isn't going directly for Traya (from his point of view.) Its returning to his base of operations to plan his next move and search for Traya through the Force. I see no reasons why he wouldn't go back, being on a foreign planet, the planet of his enemy, with minimal protection is not as safe as being on his own planet surrounded by hordes and hordes of Massassi warriors.

Alternatively Traya could either start laying waste to his Massassi Warriors and Temple (orbitally) to draw him out. - he would feel their deaths. Knowing that his precious Sith artifacts (which he coveted most dearly) were being reduced to ash would force him into action. On the other hand she would lose the element of surprise and Kun would at least be expecting an attack. Another avenue Traya could take would be assaulting Malachor V itself, destroying his above fleet and then invading Malachor. But this would be difficult as Kun would be entrenched and Traya would have to face Kun personally (albeit with Sion & Sith) in a darkside nexus.

Or, Traya could wipe out his Massassi warriors and his Temple, jump to Malachor and destroy his remaining fleet, jump to Mandalore and steal a Basilisk droid, then jump back to Malachor, and have a Basilisk droid fly down to the surface and drop a proton bomb on the Academy. ()

And while I fully agree that the vessels in Kun's Mandalorian Fleet had a larger number of laser batteries, this does not mean they were more powerful. Numbers aren't everything. We also have to consider firepower, size (of the vessel), speed, maneuverability and shielding. Given the class and accomplishments of the Centurion, we can assume that it excelled in those fields.[/COLOR]
Exar Kun will no doubt study the teachings of the Trayus Academy, or even make Malachor his new base. He would be foolish to leave Malachor, such power cannot be ignored.

He would know it's a trap if Traya starts bombarding Yavin, and with his smaller fleet, returning to Yavin would be foolish.

If the Academy can survive the Mass Shadow Generator, I think it can survive a proton bomb.

I thought all tech was equal, as in all weapons and shielding is equalized? If that's the case, Exar Kun simply has more firepower.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 04:31 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Exar Kun will no doubt study the teachings of the Trayus Academy, or even make Malachor his new base. He would be foolish to leave Malachor, such power cannot be ignored.

He would know it's a trap if Traya starts bombarding Yavin, and with his smaller fleet, returning to Yavin would be foolish.

If the Academy can survive the Mass Shadow Generator, I think it can survive a proton bomb.

I thought all tech was equal, as in all weapons and shielding is equalized? If that's the case, Exar Kun simply has more firepower.
What's he gonna learn? That the Force is evil? Hey, maybe he'll decide to give it up and join Traya or something.

But seriously, I totally agree he'll see the value in safeguarding Malachor. But he's got a war to win here, he doesn't have time to study the teachings of Malachor V, let alone the time to implement their powers. He would however be foolish to leave it unguarded, that is why I believe he would sacrifice a portion of his fleet attempting to protect it.

And the last point was kinda a joke. Although I sure if Traya slipped it through the front door it would do some damage.

All I'm thinking though is Kun has no reason to expect an ambush on Yavin 4, he'll likely assume Traya sensed him coming and fled. And his most powerful artifacts are on the planet, including his army of Massassi warriors, weapons he could use to find and destroy Traya (which he would see as more precious than Malachor V) and they're all undefended, waiting to be blown to pieces by Xizor or Traya. Regrouping on Yavin 4 seems like the most logical option. And if he really loves Malachor so much, why not just take the teachings with him? Snatch up a few holocrons and go. But then again, seeing as according to the Kaggath the winner absorbs all their enemies assets, he wouldn't have to worry about 'losing' Malachor anyway, unless he's planning on losing...

But I don't want to force Kun into this confrontation. So, alternatively, lets say he does decide to remain on Malachor. What then?

Canino
01.28.2013 , 04:39 PM | #124
If Xizor escapes, what's to stop him from sending a strike team to Yavin IV, only to drop bio weapons upon it. This could potentially lay waste to the planet. It would become a graveyard if enough bombs were dropped. Maybe the Hutts would like it...

But seriously. It would make Chernobyl look GOOD!
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Canino
01.28.2013 , 04:43 PM | #125
Also, Kun wouldn't wait for long. He is arrogant would believe himself superior-which would ultimately lead to mistakes in battle. He would never expect Xizor to be a threat, and would believe Traya to be a foolish old women to oppose him. He would want them dead as soon as possible, and would make gaping holes in his tactics. Maybe not for long, but the first battles would most likely be failures.

He would retreat and wait, regroup, but not for long. His rash personalty wouldn't allow it. He would WANT to jump back into battle. This would be his downfall.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Wolfninjajedi
01.28.2013 , 04:45 PM | #126
Xizor messages him via holo saying

"To contend with Xizor, is to lose."

Ending the transmission, you have several bio chemical bombs going off that Xizor carefully brought aboard several of Kun's ships disguising them as cargo ships, thus killing all of Kun's men aboard.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Canino
01.28.2013 , 04:50 PM | #127

Ending the transmission, you have several bio chemical bombs going off that Xizor carefully brought aboard several of Kun's ships disguising them as cargo ships, thus killing all of Kun's men aboard.
The exact reason I love Xizor. But G0-T0 has more of my heart. And Xizor is basically a better G0-T0. A few differences, but not many.
---------

Wolfninjajedi
01.28.2013 , 04:53 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
The exact reason I love Xizor. But G0-T0 has more of my heart. And Xizor is basically a better G0-T0. A few differences, but not many.
I just like that line(well and Xizor of course), its one of those lines that scream "Awesome!"
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
01.28.2013 , 05:00 PM | #129
But I don't want to force Kun into this confrontation. So, alternatively, lets say he does decide to remain on Malachor. What then?[/COLOR]
Waits for Traya to come back and defeat her? Though I doubt Kun would win a waiting game with Traya. He could just wait for her to die of old age

But seriously, I think Kun would see Traya fleeing and wait to deal with her until the other threat has been defeated. Which means that he will join up with Ulic to go after Xizor.

That would rely on Xizor escaping the Battle of Coruscant and quickly recuperating at his fortress.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Maaruin
01.28.2013 , 05:10 PM | #130
Going to Yavin IV isn't going directly for Traya (from his point of view.) Its returning to his base of operations to plan his next move and search for Traya through the Force. I see no reasons why he wouldn't go back, being on a foreign planet, the planet of his enemy, with minimal protection is not as safe as being on his own planet surrounded by hordes and hordes of Massassi warriors.

And Kun would likely be heavily overwhelmed. We're talking a max of 2 Kyramud-type battleships (each with a company of 3 Shaadlar-type troopships) against 1 Centurion-class battlecruiser and 8 possibly 10 Interdictor-class cruisers. And then we have the advantage of surprise. Kun and his fleet will drop out of hyperspace right in front of them, and Traya's fleet will open fire with everything they've got before Kun can even activate his shields. Tractor beams (they all had one equipped) will prevent Kun from moving an inch, and gravity well generators will ensure he does not escape.
Now that's a different scenario. Well, the Kyramud seems to be equal if not superior to the Centurion. The Shaadler seems to be not far behind the Interdictor (when it comes to weapon). If Kun has two Kyramud, I think his Forces would win the battle. If he has one, the battle would give him time to board the Ravager or an Interdictor and flee with it. Or to flee to the surface and hide until Ulic arrives.

There is a way how Traya could win this: Have Sion on the ship Kun boards and set it to jump into a nearby star. This would of course severely cripple her power base (Sion is alive, but he is now inside a sun and I doubt he will get away soon. The ship is destroyed.) Would Exar Kun sense that there is a trap? Would the boarding party be able to change the Hyperspace coordinates to avoid the star?

Wait, the Interdictors make it impossible to jump. So this won't work for her. If the Interdictors started to deactivate the gravity wells, Kun's fleet would notice and inform him.

So, there are two ways an ambush could work (orbital bombardment or jump to hyperspace). Both require Sion to keep Kun in place long enough, so Traya has to pick one. But not all possible decisions lead Kun into these situations. (Engaging Traya on the surface; boarding the Ravager; boarding an interdictor; engaging them in fleet battle; retreat to an unknown location on the surface. All that only if he decides to go back to Yavin and not stay on Malachor and wait for reinforcements.) Even if Kun decides to board the ship with Sion or engage Traya on the surface, it is not sure that Sion can hold him long enough for the ambush to suceed.

So all in all, the probability that the ambush for Kun will work is quite low, maybe around 10%. Traya can see the future, but that doesn't make Kun more likely to choose the choice which will make the ambush possible. Traya might see that the ambush won't suceed in advance. This will end with either her or Kun retreating from Yavin, depending on if Kun has 1 or 2 Kyramud.

But I don't want to force Kun into this confrontation. So, alternatively, lets say he does decide to remain on Malachor. What then?
Traya would send assissins, Kun will convert them to his side and send them back to either kill Traya's Sith or sabotage her ships. He will also probably learn about Sion, see that it is useless to fight him and if he ever encounters him, leave him occupied with disposable troops. He could also learn the assassins technique to gain strength with stronger opponents. Not that he would need it, of course (But his Brotherhood of the Sith and maybe even his Massassi warriors could benefit from it.)

Then he will wait until Ulic has finished Xizor off and joins him, destroy Traya's fleet and then finish her off.

@Xizor's bio weapons: I doubt the Tetan navy will send all ships to get supplies from a dubious source at the same time. So they might have losses, but they won't be large enough to stop them. They might destroy Yavin 4 with all the Massassi. (But the Massassi could develope resistance to it.) Kun, Ulic, Traya and Sion won't be killed by them if he even manages to get them close enough to them.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall