Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imp PvP on the decline?

Lium
01.28.2013 , 02:31 PM | #1
I've been leveling a sorc lately, and she's currently at level 41. I decided to do some warzones last night and I went 1-3. Granted that's only four WZs total, so it's not even enough to get an accurate sample size.

But I made this thread because saw some disturbing things in the three losses. For one, they were blowout losses. And two, the pubs were just straight up better and more organized. I later asked on the fleet if there's been a role reversal lately, and a lot of imps were saying PvP seems to be more equal now than it used to be, when they would just roll all over pubs.

I'm curious to know what your take is.

Jakev-
01.28.2013 , 03:14 PM | #2
lol..
Insomniaq Atense Amersu
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

Lium
01.28.2013 , 03:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakev- View Post
lol..
Okay, guess not.

DreamerBrian
01.28.2013 , 05:18 PM | #4
It's lowbies. The only people who play lowbies are twinks that are geared to the teeth and people who want to pvp but haven't hit 50 yet... you're surprised that there isn't any teamwork?
Banshi
<Hoth Ski Patrol>

Skolops
01.28.2013 , 05:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DreamerBrian View Post
It's lowbies. The only people who play lowbies are twinks that are geared to the teeth and people who want to pvp but haven't hit 50 yet... you're surprised that there isn't any teamwork?
For some reason pub lowbies in particular are full of twinked out toons with stats almost as good as recruit gear.
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

Freedannad
01.28.2013 , 06:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
For some reason pub lowbies in particular are full of twinked out toons with stats almost as good as recruit gear.
How do you "Twink out a toon" when you get xp bonuses for winning warzones?

Skolops
01.28.2013 , 06:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Freedannad View Post
How do you "Twink out a toon" when you get xp bonuses for winning warzones?
You spend a ton of money to always have full purples with purple augments for your level, and if you want you even go all out and leave the warzone right before the end to avoid getting xp. Many do it.
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

Racter
01.28.2013 , 06:44 PM | #8
Actually yes, there have been a lot of twinked pub premades running. Made finishing out my Marauder a lot more interesting.

And btw, with all advanced 22s at level 49, my stats were SIGNIFICANTLY better than recruit gear. On par with or better than my BM gear on my Sent back in the day.

As in, when I dinged 50 and threw on the junk recruit gear. I lost over 300 main stat and a truckload of power. My bonus damage went down 14X points. I was still using my level 39 ear piece and implants, too, which ALSO had better stats than recruit gear. No relics though, which gimped my health badly. Go figure.

Went from killing people in one ravage/5k crits on vicious throw and scream/5-6k smashes (highest in lowbie was 7459) to feeling like I was hitting people with pool noodles.

Ainsland
01.29.2013 , 12:10 AM | #9
More players roll imperial side. Thus, more noobs, FTP, and/or inexperienced players w/bad gear VS. pubs who are often long time vets on their geared alts.

And for some reason, pubs usually have more healers while imps often don't have any. This goes for lvl 50 wz's as well.

dedzepln
01.29.2013 , 05:00 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ainsland View Post
More players roll imperial side. Thus, more noobs, FTP, and/or inexperienced players w/bad gear VS. pubs who are often long time vets on their geared alts.

And for some reason, pubs usually have more healers while imps often don't have any. This goes for lvl 50 wz's as well.
^^^^^...This. I'm leveling my first pub now and have thoroughly enjoyed the fact we have less players and are always fighting imp teams. I have no idea what everyone is talking about gear though. It's fairly simple for any noob to spend wz comms on the standard pvp gear from the vendors. There's no real secret to it.