Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Full Tank Tree Jugg > Hybrid Jugg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Full Tank Tree Jugg > Hybrid Jugg

dipstik
01.21.2013 , 01:27 AM | #31
i got the same answer for the internal pre 60, but the kinetic i got 14623 dps.

11487/(1-0.5311)=24,497 (at 100% accuracy prolly)
7599/(1-0.5311)*3=48,618 (at 90% prolly)
over 5 seconds

thanks for the info, it 's nice to get the incoming dps, % i/e and % damage from 90% and 100% accuracy attacks to model the bosses. keyboardninja has been doing such for a while

Darth_Dreselus
01.21.2013 , 08:26 AM | #32
Ye that makes sense. Either way my point was that with the numbers on the post 60% phase here is what we are left with:

Defence/Immortal 3776 DPS = 1888 HPSPH
Hybrid 3660 DPS = 1830 HPSPH

Both of those numbers are really testing the healers as this phase carries on for over a minute and burst may not be a possibility (especially with the damage they have to deal with in the pre 60% phase), yet both of those numbers can be achieved. Again due to the nature of RNG, the actual damage taken will vary fight-to-fight.

Threat is not a factor, both tanks would have been gaining threat on Kephess before any DPS attack it.

Conclusion

Will Hybrid come out ahead in terms of overall mitigation? Yes.
Do you have to be a Hybrid to beat NiM EC? Not necessarily, but you may want to consider it if the healers are having a hard time, it may give you the push you need.

I am running Immortal, but nowhere near geared enough to do NiM EC. Should I get there I may be persuaded to switch to Hybrid.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

kanare
01.21.2013 , 08:50 AM | #33
well on kethis 16 man if you are using 2 gardians and shadow you need at least 1 gardian in aoe tank spec , then 2nd gardian can go hybrid or full defence .... just chucking that out there but that is a singel , fight !!!

Darth_Dreselus
01.21.2013 , 10:58 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by kanare View Post
well on kethis 16 man if you are using 2 gardians and shadow you need at least 1 gardian in aoe tank spec , then 2nd gardian can go hybrid or full defence .... just chucking that out there but that is a singel , fight !!!
Err, as I far as I can decode that cypher "you need at least 1 Guardian in AoE tank spec". Whatever do you mean, care to provide such a spec?
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

todorovh
01.28.2013 , 01:11 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by eVentHoriZn View Post
I also run the full immortal spec juggernaut, the survivability is minimally worse but the threat generation is so much better with my rotation that I find its better for the group.
threat generation on guardians / juggs is pathetic either way.. whichever way you go you'll still need your dps to behave therefore there's no reason to sacrifice survivability.

I am currently gearing my guardian as an alt tank ( instead of a vanguard ) and personally prefer the hybrid ..

todorovh
01.28.2013 , 01:12 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Err, as I far as I can decode that cypher "you need at least 1 Guardian in AoE tank spec". Whatever do you mean, care to provide such a spec?
we have a smasher in tanking gear not sure whether it's full smash or a hybrid of some sort .. but he gets tons of threat

Darth_Dreselus
01.28.2013 , 01:20 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by todorovh View Post
we have a smasher in tanking gear not sure whether it's full smash or a hybrid of some sort .. but he gets tons of threat
Oh Guardians Y U so broken?

todorovh
01.28.2013 , 01:52 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Oh Guardians Y U so broken?
I wouldn't say it's broken .. he is more ''squishy'' in that spec

Darth_Dreselus
01.29.2013 , 11:12 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by todorovh View Post
I wouldn't say it's broken .. he is more ''squishy'' in that spec
I meant the general idea that Guardians tank in a DPS spec, and not only that it works but also turns out to be better in terms of pure mitigation (and can be better in threat). And this is after they were supposedly fixed (because making Force Push refresh Leap was so darn important). I understand that DPS specs get def abilities but why are those def abilities better than the tanking abilities? Really hope RotHC will be balanced by people who actually play this game.

BlownSi
02.10.2013 , 09:40 AM | #40
I have used both specs and I still usually revert back to my 32/7/2 build. I tank HM TFB and NiM EC without any issue, BUT......taunt is part of my normal rotation. I am not saying full immortal is better than hybrid, but for me, full immortal has worked better in my case.

I agree with the consensus of most here though; Jugg Tank dps does need a slight boost. When I look at the damage output compared to our PT Tank, it is stupidly noticeable how much our damage is gimped. Though, our survivor-ability is on par or better, so I do not think this is just an easy solution of increasing our tank dps. Again, these are things that I have noticed and in no way feel that I am all knowing and all correct...lol. Just some observations to add to the conversation.
Harmeggido - J'anin - Zophie - Kaase
DaMG - The Shadowlands