Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which class do you focus in a warzone when an objective is not at risk?(Exclude heals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Which class do you focus in a warzone when an objective is not at risk?(Exclude heals

Technohic
01.28.2013 , 08:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
You, sir, clearly don't understand the premise of this question......
Yeah. Not good at hypotheticals I guess.

If we are to assume that there is a fight, and no objectives to be had or in transition to, I suppose it just goes to whoever is threatening my healer or is already being focused. Now if I am going to be the first to attack, it depends on what AC I am playing ATM. I like to nail stealthers that come out to attack a teammate. Always better to help hill them before I become their target. Outside of that, weakest link first.

Eterud
01.28.2013 , 08:20 AM | #22
For me it's:

Operatives/snipers>mercenaries>assasins>rest.(or well...the jedi variant)
I'm a merc so I don't want to attract too much attention from melee's ^_^

that being said...I do a lot of aoe damage aswell.

Airtiger
01.28.2013 , 09:03 AM | #23
It depends on the class I'm playing

As a Smash Marauder I focus someone who doesn't have a bubble, because most of them are stun bubbles and I hate those things

Besides that It doesn't really matter. I like good 1on1 fights against other melee classes but it's always fun as well to go after range DPs guys who are too dumb to kite, just to see another "Nerf Mara" thread popping up in the forum

As a Merc/Sage I usually go for Melees. In most cases they have no Idea where you shoot from. And when they notice and come after you, you still have plenty abilities to kite them.

I have to admit though, you do have a little disadvantage as a Merc in a 1on1 fight against a well played Marauder. But it's still manageable. Sages however should do fine against Marauders.
Ardityl Sans - @ TOFN / T3M4

Call to Greatness

Kamikaze
01.28.2013 , 10:15 AM | #24
I will run halfway across a map, past an enemy hutball carrier on the goal line, past a ninja capping op, past a mound of gold coins, just to push a sniper out of cover.
----------JurMajesty----------
Jedi Guardian
Prophecy of the Five

AngusFTW
01.28.2013 , 10:17 AM | #25
snipers, snipers and snipers. If i don't focus them they'll sit back and take like 80% of my hp in 3gcds while im attacking the very tempting squishy sorc.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

MiaRB
01.28.2013 , 10:17 AM | #26
sents/mars then hybrid shadow/assasins.
can't wait for this game to come out!

islander
01.28.2013 , 10:37 AM | #27
As a sniper, I'm always looking to finish off melee that are less then 50% health. I'll always pick off the most injured provided they are in the way of an objective we're trying to get.

If you're telling me everyone's 100% health and I gotta pick someone to burn down from scratch, well sorc/sage for sure. If they are good, they can survive for a good while, but eventually they run out of CDs and they are dead. Just have to save leg shot for that force run. They HATE that.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

MidichIorian
01.28.2013 , 10:51 AM | #28
It really annoys me when team mates are allowing a sniper/gunslinger to sit in the same position all game so if I see a sniper/gunslinger camp in the same spot for more than 15 secs it's going to become top priority.

Ainsland
01.28.2013 , 11:25 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
It really annoys me when team mates are allowing a sniper/gunslinger to sit in the same position all game so if I see a sniper/gunslinger camp in the same spot for more than 15 secs it's going to become top priority.
I agree +100

As a smash marauder, I find snipers/gunslingers to be my biggest threat. For one, they seem to enjoy making me top priority if my team has no heals. It's so frustrating seeing everyone else (especially ranged dps) ignore them, while they pick everyone, including me, off one by one. Whenever I'm playing my sniper or vanguard, I make them high priority so our melee can concentrate on other melee and heals.

islander
01.28.2013 , 11:57 AM | #30
Every time a lolsmasher gets mad a marksman is picking them apart, I smile a ltitle bit

Almost as much as when they smash me when I'm hunkered down, and their 8k smash ends up doing like 1800 damage to me.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five