Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
01.27.2013 , 04:45 PM | #431
It's also worth noting that the level cap is about to be increased, so balance is going to also change significantly.

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
01.28.2013 , 09:16 AM | #432
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
It's also worth noting that the level cap is about to be increased, so balance is going to also change significantly.
Ya, we can get creeping terror and electric bindings, it'll be epic.

We should get a huge boost over other classes, like, what are juggs going to get? Nothing.

Oh, except for force crush and CC immunity after every leap in the same spec.

Yup- full smash spec will also come with CC immunity on demand.

Balance isn't going to change significantly- I'd put a million credits on after the expansion, class balance being the exact same as it is now- if not worse.

Mara/Jugg>Sniper/Sin/PT>Merc/Sorc/Op

The only difference is- juggs may actually overtake marauders after 9 months of mara being unparalleled godmode class.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
01.28.2013 , 11:40 AM | #433
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Ya, we can get creeping terror and electric bindings, it'll be epic.

We should get a huge boost over other classes, like, what are juggs going to get? Nothing.

Oh, except for force crush and CC immunity after every leap in the same spec.

Yup- full smash spec will also come with CC immunity on demand.

Balance isn't going to change significantly- I'd put a million credits on after the expansion, class balance being the exact same as it is now- if not worse.

Mara/Jugg>Sniper/Sin/PT>Merc/Sorc/Op

The only difference is- juggs may actually overtake marauders after 9 months of mara being unparalleled godmode class.
Your continued Debbie Downerism is noted. You assume they are going to make no changes to the trees when they increase level cap. I assume they are going to make lots of tweaks when they increase level cap. I assume this because the devs have said they are making significant balance changes. We could end up better or worse. At this point, we don't know what they are planning. But keep assuming the worst and crapping all over Sorcs at every opportunity. It's what you do best.

Jayshames's Avatar


Jayshames
01.28.2013 , 12:22 PM | #434
if they changed how we deal our damage, and actually gave us another defensive ability or two, or even removed them from the likes of Marauder, i'd be more than happy.

Right now I find myself standing on one spot spamming the hell out of lightning until I get noticed, killed then repeat.

I love the class to bits, and for some reason I keep continually being drawn back to Sorc, but there's no denying they are in need of some help.

I think we need a default attack to be honest, I don't think there's anyone who uses sabre strike as a sorc, or atleast shouldn't so it means we're constantly using force (even if we do regain it through madness lightning). Force lightning should become default attack and then give us another ability or something.
SCOTLAND

Chemic_al's Avatar


Chemic_al
01.28.2013 , 04:07 PM | #435
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Your continued Debbie Downerism is noted. You assume they are going to make no changes to the trees when they increase level cap. I assume they are going to make lots of tweaks when they increase level cap. I assume this because the devs have said they are making significant balance changes. We could end up better or worse. At this point, we don't know what they are planning. But keep assuming the worst and crapping all over Sorcs at every opportunity. It's what you do best.
Well, it's not like patches 1.2 through 1.6 haven't set a precedence.

But your point is taken, we may end up near the top of the pile, if not at the top, after the re-balancing. Would I bet anything on it? Not a chance.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
01.28.2013 , 05:28 PM | #436
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Well, it's not like patches 1.2 through 1.6 haven't set a precedence.

But your point is taken, we may end up near the top of the pile, if not at the top, after the re-balancing. Would I bet anything on it? Not a chance.
I don't know where we are going to end up. I expect they will nerf bubble stun, making it apply only to the sorc and not any other team members who are bubbled. But I also expect something to be done to mitigate the AOE from Smash. What I really don't know is what other changes they might make in the trees as they change level cap. Are they going to add skills? Change skills? Remove skills? I just don't know, and no one really does.

Baalzamon's Avatar


Baalzamon
01.30.2013 , 06:12 AM | #437
I want a single target finisher on my sorc like I have on my sniper.

Ghost_Spectre's Avatar


Ghost_Spectre
01.30.2013 , 11:17 AM | #438
Quote: Originally Posted by Baalzamon View Post
I want a single target finisher on my sorc like I have on my sniper.
Agreed.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Magnaus Juggernaut Tank Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guilds Light/Dark Holiday

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.30.2013 , 11:40 AM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by Baalzamon View Post
I want a single target finisher on my sorc like I have on my sniper.
This will never happen. classes with a healing spec are not supposed to have an execution ability.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Deimosmp's Avatar


Deimosmp
01.30.2013 , 12:19 PM | #440
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
This will never happen. classes with a healing spec are not supposed to have an execution ability.
If anyone has played WoW like I have, Shadow Word: Death. And seeing as how DPS sorcs are nearly identical as to how shadow priests in WoW are/used to be it would make sense.
Darç - The Harbinger - Ascendancy

I'm not sending subliminal messeges.