Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DariusCalera
01.28.2013 , 09:06 AM | #881
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Reminded me of an old Penny Arcade strip:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/04/25
That might just be spot on.

TUXs
01.28.2013 , 10:07 AM | #882
Quote: Originally Posted by Amebia View Post
Never gonna let you go, never gonna let you die!

I am very concerned that we'll get nothing, but a root on our kb in 1.7
Can I ask...why do you expect a root?
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

T-Assassin
01.28.2013 , 12:11 PM | #883
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Can I ask...why do you expect a root?
my guess is, since BW thinks Merc/Commando's issues are in escapability, they will make the cheapest, fastest, easiest "fix".

and that "fix" will be a root.

then they can get back to putting their resources where it really matters....CC fluff.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

cashogy_reborn
01.28.2013 , 02:04 PM | #884
1.7 PTS notes should be up soon, hopefully bioware realizes this is kinda of the last straw for a lot of folks.

side note, when is the next guild summit thing? sorta kinda thinking of trying to go and talk some sense into them, as they clearly dont know the actual situation in PvP
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Technohic
01.28.2013 , 02:11 PM | #885
I don't think there will be anything in 1.7. I still suspect most changes wont be until the expansion.

cycao
01.28.2013 , 02:12 PM | #886
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I don't think there will be anything in 1.7. I still suspect most changes wont be until the expansion.
There might be some changes with 1.7 but I am not expecting anything major until the expansion due to the level increase.

ArchangelLBC
01.28.2013 , 03:57 PM | #887
I concur with this thought. probably some gesture towards class balance but nothing substantial.

Whats funny is how much a root on knockback would make a difference for us because we're just that bad.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Technohic
01.28.2013 , 04:00 PM | #888
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I concur with this thought. probably some gesture towards class balance but nothing substantial.

Whats funny is how much a root on knockback would make a difference for us because we're just that bad.
Roots and KBs would be white noise at this point. People throw them around so much; I just don't think they would help outside of a solo basis.

Bluntron
01.28.2013 , 05:10 PM | #889
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
Bump, because PvP still burns on my Commando. Degauss is beast, immunity to snares and roots for it's duration or at the very least 2-4 seconds would be game changing yet not overpowered, a small speed boost would also be reasonable yet make a world of difference for a Commando. Preferably the speed boost or movement enhancing skill not tied to other skills ala Tracer/Grav tree reliance. Whole different subject but please tend to the gross and unreasonable reliance of the entire Gunnery/Arsenal tree on the horribly interrupt prone Tracer/Grav round.

A ranged, on demand snare and or root is desperately needed. Sweltering heat as Assault is sporadic and not reliable at best, since the nerf to 30%, even when it does proc it is simply is not enough. Stockstrike Root as Gunnery is simply and fantastically dysfunctional and awkward, a knockbackless melee range only root for a Ranged class, I don't know who or why this made it live but whoever thought it up needs to be taken off Mando/Merc development, permanently.
Except Degauss doesnt make you immune to snares or roots, just removes any you currently have. So a JK freezing forces you, you shield it, he FFs you again. your sol.
I took Degauss off and I honestly havent noticed a difference

Bluntron
01.28.2013 , 05:58 PM | #890
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
Simple question.

Why exactly?
Other then having to regrind all you gear again. Troopers needing both cannons and rifles, and Operatives needing rifles and snipers. Inquisitors and Counc. needind two types sabers

Doesnt exactly ruin the game, but I know A LOT of current subs would quit this game if AC respecs came into play. (I am one of them) So it would destroy the player population.

It would destroy the appeal of the game.

And it would only attract people like you who want everything handed to them.

I bet I can find you on a WoW forum asking why Blizzard wont allow class changes. Why you cant change you paladin to a warrior.

All I have to say is quit being lazy. You want an OP class? Go level one.