An interesting clip from my stream...

DonCardinale

I am not one to accuse another player of anything, but in a match I had about 15 minutes ago, I pulled the following clip from my Twitch.tv stream. Thoughts, or an explanation on this?

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor_mattis/c/1865411

Initially I thought I just missed a smash which happens from time to time, but after panning the camera, the Vanguard I jumped to was mysteriously gone, and I was stunned. I have seen plenty of "ghosting" due to bad client-side connections, as well as standard server-side lag, but this one seemed a bit different.

I figured this would be a great first post from my end too, so if I happened to have created this thread in the wrong forum, it can be moved, or deleted at the moderators' leisure.

Love,

Mattis

I honestly can say that I have only SEEN speed hacks, so I wanted to get some input as to what I was looking at in-match, as well as afterward watching the stream. Shooting under the forcefield at the last door in voidstar is cheap, but it is not a hack. Carnage pred + force speed...fast, not a speed hack. I am certainly not a QQer when I get face-rolled in a match, but I definitely wanted some insight on that video. I though, and some of the people i was playing with also though it was pretty blatant. Thanks for your input, and I will definitely consider reporting it. Edited by DonCardinale

We had a rated match a month or so back where it looked like we were going to take a node and turn the match when a shadow used a combat stealth and we were about to put a CC on him but he vanished again. He said it was lag but we had it on video and it looked shady to say the least.

We had a rated match a month or so back where it looked like we were going to take a node and turn the match when a shadow used a combat stealth and we were about to put a CC on him but he vanished again. He said it was lag but we had it on video and it looked shady to say the least.

And it is lag, falling through the ground happens a lot, esp. in civil war.

I am not one to accuse another player of anything, but in a match I had about 15 minutes ago, I pulled the following clip from my Twitch.tv stream. Thoughts, or an explanation on this?

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor_mattis/c/1865411

Initially I thought I just missed a smash which happens from time to time, but after panning the camera, the Vanguard I jumped to was mysteriously gone, and I was stunned. I have seen plenty of "ghosting" due to bad client-side connections, as well as standard server-side lag, but this one seemed a bit different.

I figured this would be a great first post from my end too, so if I happened to have created this thread in the wrong forum, it can be moved, or deleted at the moderators' leisure.

Love,

Mattis

I had to watch this video multiple to confirm it and I'm at a loss as you did target and leap to a trooper and still targeting him after the vanish so where did he go?

A very interesting scenario

Not a key moment of the game+ non factor= glitch/bug 99% of the time

Key moment + ''bug/glitch'' at a very very VERY usefull moment is a hack around 70% of the time according to my gaming experience (my experience is not worth a lot but I guess its better than no sources).

So i think this was not a hack but I remeber the Shadow Cycao (or whatever is the name, sorry XD) talk about. This guy is also bugging a lot like that in open world pvp and it alway happen at a very nice moment for him (usualy when hes stunned or when I have the uptime Oh and the bug stop when my Maul proc go down or when my Force shroud end...

Not sure why you bother streaming with the low amount of pixels. Can't be enjoyable to watch especially watching a guy click all his abilities and keyboard turn.

As for this "Hack" accusation, it is just graphical issues with this game. I've seen this a lot and it is just the poor design of this game. Same crap happens in huttball when the ball carrier leaps from the pit to the goaline. On your screen you see them just standing there, then it doesn't show them in the right spot until they score the goal.

Not sure why you bother streaming with the low amount of pixels. Can't be enjoyable to watch especially watching a guy click all his abilities and keyboard turn.

As for this "Hack" accusation, it is just graphical issues with this game. I've seen this a lot and it is just the poor design of this game. Same crap happens in huttball when the ball carrier leaps from the pit to the goaline. On your screen you see them just standing there, then it doesn't show them in the right spot until they score the goal.

I would like you to quote anywhere in the thread where I accused someone of hacking. Thanks.

Its a bug, people appear to fall through the world all the time. If you hadn't been clicking your attacks, he wouldn't have fallen through the world.

/yawn my clicking ability has nothing to do with bugs, glitches, or potential exploits/hacks in this game. Thanks for your lack of input, though.

That's because it almost always happens after someone force charges/force leaps and so many bads stand on the ledge in huttball to get leapt to.

I know about the people that prefer to be leap targets rather than useful but when my Shadow is stealthed behind them I hit Force Wave to knock them off and they suddenly reappear behind me it gets a little frustrating.

Had something like this happen in huttball this weekend in huttball. Ball carrier disappeared in the endzone, then we get the goal message and he reappears. I'm thinking its some lag and bugs though because later that same game, I did a vanguard leap to a marauder at the same time he lept to me. I ended up on the top instead of the mid platform where he lept from and walked my way to the goal because there wasn't anyone around.