Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

comparing sorcs and snipers

wwkingms
01.22.2013 , 10:24 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
I fully agree with everything in this post and feel it shows a really good understanding of the game.
yes but snipers not only counter juggs and mara's

they also counter mercs and sorcs, and pt's

they can be very strong against stealth classes as well

snipers are very overlooked but a strong counter to anything

anytime you have great burst, great defensive mechanics and an immunity to all cc ability on such short cooldown you can beat anything

i dont feel sorcs need to be able to smoke anything.. i feel our biggest counter are powertechs.. i do feel though our output doesnt justify how squishy we are

we either need more defense or more offense
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Fireswraith
01.23.2013 , 01:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
im not looking to become OP gods.
No, no. We need to be OP gods.

wwkingms
01.23.2013 , 10:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireswraith View Post
No, no. We need to be OP gods.
we had our fun at release
NIHIL

THE BASTION

warstory
01.24.2013 , 01:33 AM | #14
Lightning tree is in such poor form I have 967 dmg With buff and I do as much dmg as my sniper in battle master gear still. Ever try having a 35m fight against a sniper ? I just get raped on my tk sage I put on alacrity boost and put up their entrench and it's a dps war u can never win

Jayshames
01.25.2013 , 01:51 PM | #15
Not going to lie, Sorcerer is very, very poor. Though, for some reason I'm deeply in love with the class. I think it's maybe somewhere deep in the back of my mind I get the impression that they MUST be getting buffed with the upcoming expansion. As of right now, Sorcs (and mirror) are like the only class where you actually have to run to survive (EDIT: Mercs aswell maybe).

Sure Snipers are a pure DPS class and deserve to have more DPS than Sorcs, I can completely agree with that, but that should be by a reasonable margin. The ONLY way for a Sorc to beat a sniper is through LOS if you're lucky enough, or if they decide to lay down and willingly die / completely ignore you.

As I said, I'll continue to play my Sorc in hoping that they get a decent buff with the expansion.

EDIT: Sorcs really need their DPS abilitys altered, currently they are very boring to play. Loads of cast times, constant spamming of same ability is very dull.

EDIT: A Sniper can counter just about any class given they get an Entrench up at the right time. I currently have a 41 Sniper and can 1v1 just about everyone even from level 30 onwards (yes I know pre50 pvp is a bad example but it's all I have). They just get kind of boring being pure DPS always.
SCOTLAND

wwkingms
01.26.2013 , 10:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Not going to lie, Sorcerer is very, very poor. Though, for some reason I'm deeply in love with the class. I think it's maybe somewhere deep in the back of my mind I get the impression that they MUST be getting buffed with the upcoming expansion. As of right now, Sorcs (and mirror) are like the only class where you actually have to run to survive (EDIT: Mercs aswell maybe).

Sure Snipers are a pure DPS class and deserve to have more DPS than Sorcs, I can completely agree with that, but that should be by a reasonable margin. The ONLY way for a Sorc to beat a sniper is through LOS if you're lucky enough, or if they decide to lay down and willingly die / completely ignore you.

As I said, I'll continue to play my Sorc in hoping that they get a decent buff with the expansion.

EDIT: Sorcs really need their DPS abilitys altered, currently they are very boring to play. Loads of cast times, constant spamming of same ability is very dull.

EDIT: A Sniper can counter just about any class given they get an Entrench up at the right time. I currently have a 41 Sniper and can 1v1 just about everyone even from level 30 onwards (yes I know pre50 pvp is a bad example but it's all I have). They just get kind of boring being pure DPS always.
entrench is a ridiculously short cooldown, especially spec'd
NIHIL

THE BASTION

LHRFreak
01.26.2013 , 10:31 PM | #17
I currently roll a near pure MM tree spec'd sniper on Jung-Ma (Ettrigan 31/10/0) and have been running with said sniper since pre-release. I can tell you that they have had 2 tree shifts since then and have gotten quite a bit stronger since launch because of all of the nerfs the other classes have had. Ever hear of people begging for a Sniper nerf? Not often. Ever hear of a Jugg or BH nerf? Rhetorical question there. I don't PvP much but I can say that in PvE Snipers are beast. Compared to a Sorc (no offense here) there is really no comparison. Heck, with Ballsitic Dampers, the personal shield probe, and the Ballistic shield down; I can literally tank any champion for a good 5-10 seconds without heals.

From the little PvP I have done, I can say that a Sniper is great.... Until you get knocked out of cover and cc'd.... Then it sucks because you literally have like 5 seconds tops to watch your health drain and then die.

I'm not calling for a nerf of Snipers in any way but I do think, in all fairness, that Sorcs should get a few more utilities to better handle such things. But of course you could just roll a Sniper and then this post would be obsolete...
Kill a thousand taun-taun's and nobody cares. Kill OPOD and the galaxy cries out in terror. RIP .

wwkingms
01.27.2013 , 10:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LHRFreak View Post
I currently roll a near pure MM tree spec'd sniper on Jung-Ma (Ettrigan 31/10/0) and have been running with said sniper since pre-release. I can tell you that they have had 2 tree shifts since then and have gotten quite a bit stronger since launch because of all of the nerfs the other classes have had. Ever hear of people begging for a Sniper nerf? Not often. Ever hear of a Jugg or BH nerf? Rhetorical question there. I don't PvP much but I can say that in PvE Snipers are beast. Compared to a Sorc (no offense here) there is really no comparison. Heck, with Ballsitic Dampers, the personal shield probe, and the Ballistic shield down; I can literally tank any champion for a good 5-10 seconds without heals.

From the little PvP I have done, I can say that a Sniper is great.... Until you get knocked out of cover and cc'd.... Then it sucks because you literally have like 5 seconds tops to watch your health drain and then die.

I'm not calling for a nerf of Snipers in any way but I do think, in all fairness, that Sorcs should get a few more utilities to better handle such things. But of course you could just roll a Sniper and then this post would be obsolete...
i dont mind our squishyness, id like to be a true glass cannon, BW can save their defensive cooldowns if theyd just give us some harder hitting abilities

like shock, which is a joke, lightning strike is a joke, affliction and creeping terror are weak dots, thundering blast is weak

however, "cloud mind" our pve threat reducer is a perfect candidate to add a little defensive cooldown too for pvp

maybe make it like WOW's hunters smoke screen, if i cloud mind someone they cannot target me for 4 seconds
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Jayshames
01.28.2013 , 08:19 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LHRFreak View Post

I think Snipers are one of the only Balanced classes, there's just several classes that need to be buffed, if we keep nerfing classes, eventually we're all going to be doing a 10th of the damage/healing etc.

Fair enough, snipers should be doing more damage than the lieks of Merc/Sorc/Operative since it's a pure DPS class. What I don't understand is.. why give a class a healing tree and 2 DPS trees if the only thing they can do effectively is heal, just give them 3 heal trees or atleast something they are actually capable of pulling off.

EDIT: yes I don't mind being all that squishy as a sorc, but in return i'd atleast expect some hard hitters or something that counters the fact that I'm nearly useless. Either DPS tree, if a sorc gets interrupted their damage is practically kaput. There's no other class where your main damage comes from spamming the same ability over and over and over and over and over and over (you get the point) again.

Fingers crossed for a buff with expansion.
SCOTLAND

wwkingms
01.28.2013 , 10:16 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
I think Snipers are one of the only Balanced classes, there's just several classes that need to be buffed, if we keep nerfing classes, eventually we're all going to be doing a 10th of the damage/healing etc.

Fair enough, snipers should be doing more damage than the lieks of Merc/Sorc/Operative since it's a pure DPS class. What I don't understand is.. why give a class a healing tree and 2 DPS trees if the only thing they can do effectively is heal, just give them 3 heal trees or atleast something they are actually capable of pulling off.

EDIT: yes I don't mind being all that squishy as a sorc, but in return i'd atleast expect some hard hitters or something that counters the fact that I'm nearly useless. Either DPS tree, if a sorc gets interrupted their damage is practically kaput. There's no other class where your main damage comes from spamming the same ability over and over and over and over and over and over (you get the point) again.

Fingers crossed for a buff with expansion.
even the lowly merc/commando class can crit and get bigger single target numbers though if left to free cast
grav round/traver spammed at 3k each and the finisher ability ii forget them name crits for 5k

we really have the most pathetic single target dmg
NIHIL

THE BASTION