Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marksmen or Lethality?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Marksmen or Lethality?

Blasphemerr
01.27.2013 , 10:28 PM | #11
Saboteur! Sure, it's a bit weird to level but once you're done it's hilariously powered in organized team play.
Something pretentious.

NoTomorrow
01.28.2013 , 12:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
The problem also is people dying too fast. I'm also not one of those bastards that tab dots everything because that totally ****s with CC and is only good for lawlscoreboard.

My personal favorite spec is probably lethality because it's just fun destroying people when you get everything set up right. I would use engineering for rateds though.
Unfortunately you need to do that because of how energy regen system works. More dots= more energy for you
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

BambulaGTS
01.28.2013 , 12:55 AM | #13
In modern situation - marksmen.

Unless you want to be frequently hit by 7 000 k attacks.

May be when we see over 9000 tanks cause of future balancing changes, lethality could rock the place.

NoTomorrow
01.28.2013 , 01:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BambulaGTS View Post

May be when we see over 9000 tanks cause of future balancing changes, lethality could rock the place.
this is basically what we had during the era of 1.2 on our server. Tanks tanks tanks, and Target acquired was a mere 20% alacrity buff without accuracy and armor penetration. You couldn't do crap to tanks with MM back then. Most of the snipers were lethality.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

madtycoon
01.28.2013 , 04:42 AM | #15
Marksman.

Lethality is annoying to play with. Dotting everything just makes it harder for CC to stick. I'm pretty sure any tech cleanser can just run around tech cleansing and Lethality becomes useless?

Lethality is better for numbers though.

Hexdoll
01.28.2013 , 05:07 AM | #16
Lethality is very long sustained damage with no survivability help...very bad for pvp. PvP is about burst damage and survivability mostly and as snipers/slingers have close to zero mobility, so you really are doing it wrong if you are pvp with Lethality spec.

Eng for me puts up the highest numbers and is the most useful in most games.

Technohic
01.28.2013 , 07:23 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BambulaGTS View Post

Yeah, seemingly MM is the survivability spec these days. Seems Lethailty went out with the tanks and MM rose with the armor piercing, ENG really has been consistent in it's utility and damage, and really it survivability is good outside of AOEs.