Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

With all due respect, remove intercede to stealthed friendlies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
With all due respect, remove intercede to stealthed friendlies

NoTomorrow
01.28.2013 , 03:32 AM | #1
Just like many other things that don't make sense in this game, this one definetely belongs to the top list of most questionable abilities in the game.

Let me get this straight: I do not think that being able to interce/guardian leap to stealthed friendlies is by any measure balanced. This thing should not be allowed in the game. No matter what arguments you try to bring to defend this one this is just pure wrong.

Juggernauts and Guardians already have it very well on huttball. Forcing the stealthers to decloak would make absolute sense given the fact how they cannot receive balls when stealthed. Want the jug with the ball to intercede to you? Decloak please.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

madtycoon
01.28.2013 , 04:35 AM | #2
There's bigger core issues with huttball than interceding to stealthed teammates, I think.

JackNader
01.28.2013 , 04:42 AM | #3
Warriors do have the best cooldowns in the game already. In fact one of my guildies, who is a jug tank was actually talking about this today. He doesn't want it removed tho and neither do I tbh. :S Esentially their is no difference between leaping to the friendly target or passing to them or heaven forbid a sorc sprints down and pulls them up.

jibboo
01.28.2013 , 05:31 AM | #4
Really? You think that them unstealthing at the last second is really going to make a difference? Whether the ball is thrown to a stealther (only to decloak at the last second), or a jugg intercedes to them, the end result is the same. A visible guy with the ball at the ledge.

Snipers should have to get out of cover for a Jugg to intercede to them. It's not fair that an opponent can't leap to them, but a friendly can. It's so unbalanced.

See, I can come up with a nonsense complaint too.

Stop wasting forum space.
Zimbra - Assassin

Siorac
01.28.2013 , 05:38 AM | #5
It's not really a significant change. By all means, make the stealthie decloak. The good ones usually do that anyway as Guardian Leap might be on cooldown. And if they're not aware that a teammate who might pass to them is approaching - well that's bad play and bad play should be punished.

Huttball would be more interesting if using Rescue, Force Leap, Guardian Leap, Force Speed would all immediately result in resetting the ball, as Stealth does. Then passing would dominate, as opposed to certain classes doing so. Even though those classes would still be better due to the nature of the map.

NoTomorrow
01.28.2013 , 05:57 AM | #6
Jeeez, a bunch of stealthers being lazy to decloak come and defend this crap. That's some nice arguments you brought here.

And If it's not a significant change why be so against to remove it?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

BambulaGTS
01.28.2013 , 06:20 AM | #7
It makes no difference in organized pvp.

If you let jugg obtain the ball and do not burn him in a fire - it will be score. You better think how to win position to grab the next ball(s).

In pub, who cares.

PAMuttoni
01.28.2013 , 09:41 AM | #8
It should only be a tank spec ability...

Edit: And it shouldn't work if your ally is in cover.
Keelahn (Combat) VR98 Aios (Seer) VR82 Kal'ree (Scrapper) VR70+
Tassadar (Marksman) VR85 Ze'siha (Darkness) VR87 Vehnar (Body Guard) VR70

Kurvv
01.28.2013 , 10:02 AM | #9
With all due respect, I had no idea you'd gotten experimental surgery to have your ****s removed.

What did you just say to me?

What? I said it with all due respect!

Just because you say that doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want to say to me!

It sure as heck does!

No, it doesn't--

It's in the Geneva Conventions, look it up!
My preferred method of cc is death

iDraxter
01.28.2013 , 10:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
Really? You think that them unstealthing at the last second is really going to make a difference? Whether the ball is thrown to a stealther (only to decloak at the last second), or a jugg intercedes to them, the end result is the same. A visible guy with the ball at the ledge.
yes it does make a HUGE difference:
1) small window to counter-> if he unstealths even with 2 seconds early or the ballcarrier got rooted/stunned thus delayed 1 of the guys that are trying to burn down the ballcarrier might instant react to pull the stealther down in the pit, I always do that when i see the enemy ball carrier jumping directly into our pit clearly theres a stealth waiting or a sage about to reach our endzone
2)chance to kill him off so ur endzone would get atleast 1:30-2mins of safety from that tactic->after ally leaps to him he goes into hiding till next time only interferes with a flashbang if really needed usually not needed since all jug/guardians spec into unstoppable and are immune to CC and 4 seconds is enough to walk till line no prob, the thing is its almost impossible to find that stealther and even if u do he ll cc u and use combat stealth and u cannot waste time putting multiple ppl to look for him around the spawn because u give too much freedom to the enemy team at mid and they`ll be over u.

And another operative/scoundrel exploit that needs to go is take cover in place! this should be removed immediatly, i am perfectly fine with them keeping the rolling into cover if any around but cover in place is retarded
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war