Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

Colyer
01.06.2013 , 05:44 PM | #181
I understand where you're coming from, but I think you're forgetting something. The Dark Side of the Force is scary as hell.

The Dark Siders may just want to increase their knowledge and power, but that is precisely the proverbial deal with the devil. It never goes the way you want it to, and it will betray you and cause unimaginable damage before it's through. The Jedi have infinite reason to ensure that practice of the Dark Side is routed out so fiercely. This isn't close-minded. This is simply to preempt the atrocities the Dark Side makes inevitable.

That said, the Sith make sense for the first half of their climbs to power.... then they start to go a little odd.

(Side Note: Some SW authors do better to represent this than others.)

QuiDonJorn
01.06.2013 , 06:51 PM | #182
May the Jedi and the Republic prevail!

By the way, we Jedi must do what we can to reverse the trend that is currently plaguing the Republic...
I am speaking of the threat of these "Dark Jedi" and Sith that have infiltrated the Republic and exisit in growing numbers every day on our very fleet.
We MUST purge them - for they will only bring ruin...

Dhamploc
01.07.2013 , 11:40 AM | #183
The strongest Force users, are, of course, neither Jedi nor Sith, but Potentium, or Greys.

Both the power and freedom of the Dark Side, and the serenity and control of the Light Side work best when combined - the nearest any player character comes to this is Light Side Empire.

Beniboybling
01.07.2013 , 11:44 AM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiDonJorn View Post
May the Jedi and the Republic prevail!

By the way, we Jedi must do what we can to reverse the trend that is currently plaguing the Republic...
I am speaking of the threat of these "Dark Jedi" and Sith that have infiltrated the Republic and exisit in growing numbers every day on our very fleet.
We MUST purge them - for they will only bring ruin...
Reminder: the SWTOR forums are for non-RPing business only.

Maaruin
01.07.2013 , 11:56 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Reminder: the SWTOR forums are for non-RPing business only.
well, there is an RP sub-forum, but you're right nonetheless.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

YeIIow
01.28.2013 , 03:56 AM | #186
Hi guys, for all of u who have been forming part of this debate, i recomend u "Star Wars - Dawn of the Jedi" Comics, they're quite good, the art and the writing and are just amaising, and it covers the Era Pre-Republic and Pre-Jedi Order, while the Rakata Empire still was around, so something brand new for a change
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)