Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Lore going too much in the Favor of...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Is the Lore going too much in the Favor of...

Zardac_the_Great
01.27.2013 , 10:16 PM | #11
It's my understanding (Having played only the Knight game all the way through) that at the end of the game, the Republic has won the war. There is still some skirmishing going on, but essentially, the war ends with a fairly resounding Republic victory.

Was there something I missed?

Asheris
01.30.2013 , 01:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
It's my understanding (Having played only the Knight game all the way through) that at the end of the game, the Republic has won the war. There is still some skirmishing going on, but essentially, the war ends with a fairly resounding Republic victory.

Was there something I missed?
Yeah, you missed the member of the Star Cabal becoming the new Supreme Chancellor.

The conflict will never end

SithKoriandr
01.30.2013 , 11:25 PM | #13
You can blame it on my Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter who took every option that screwed over the Empire ^_^

What does it matter anyways? You know the Empire loses for quite some time, and then still loses. One of the reasons I thought they should of went AFTER ROTJ. Then everything is free to go from there.

legolegion
01.31.2013 , 12:38 PM | #14
the sith defeat them selfs they become feudal lords, then join the brotherhood of darkness no darths then get duped by darth bane who kills off most of the sith but for apprentice and also kills the army light lead by lord hoth
then bgins the rule of two

Zardac_the_Great
02.01.2013 , 08:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post
Yeah, you missed the member of the Star Cabal becoming the new Supreme Chancellor.

I saw that Sareesh became Chancellor...Always hated her. Now you tell me she's evil?

I hope I get to kill her...

Ranadiel_Marius
02.03.2013 , 07:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post

O_o First I've heard of that.

Spoiler
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Kawabonga
02.03.2013 , 07:45 AM | #17
Oh please... the Empire represents evil, and in what good story does the evil prevail? The empire is meant to lose because it's full of bad guys, and plot requires them to eventually fail

SithKoriandr
02.03.2013 , 10:37 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
Oh please... the Empire represents evil, and in what good story does the evil prevail? The empire is meant to lose because it's full of bad guys, and plot requires them to eventually fail
So what really matters is to know, which chapter we're on!

Chapter 1: Good wins
Chapter 2: Evil wins
Chapter 3: Good wins

Then it repeats itself!

JLazarillo
02.03.2013 , 11:13 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalix View Post
Taris in particular hurts because that one is more of a SYMBOLIC victory. It doesn't hold some great secret to the force, an important resource, or even act as a staging ground for further expansion! The people in charge just don't want to see it rebuilt because Malak destroyed it, and they think it's a good symbol of Sith strength!
It gets worse, because kicking the Republic off Taris gets Saresh, who is apparently much more competent than Janarus, back on Coruscant in the Chancellor seat. So in the long term, Taris was a win, but the fallout actually hurt the Empire.

And no, Saresh is not in the Star Cabal. But that also makes it worse for the Empire. The Cabal wants both sides destroyed...Saresh on the other hand only has one front to fight.

Maaruin
02.03.2013 , 11:25 AM | #20
In the context it is presented in the game, I actually like the fact that the Republic wins right now. In the entire pre-game lore, the republic was mainly loosing. They did win some victories, but they were always combined with great sacrifice, did mainly slow down the Empires advances and ended in the sacking of Coruscant.

Now, in the game, when the war starts again, the Empire is in the offensive again (because they started the war again, of course.) So the Empire invades the second most Important Republic world (Corellia) and the second most important Jedi world (Ilum). The Republic succeeds and takes these planets back.

Now, finally, we get the chance to see a republic counter offensive. Yes, I agree that there should be a major imperial victory. But please let it happen on an imperial planet the republic invades. (I suggest Ziost*.)

*I would like 3 planets in Chapter 4, with Ziost as the final one. There the Empire lures the republic into a trap and manages to destroy almost the complete invasion force, which significantly weakens the Republic.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall