Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR NVIDIA Anti-Aliasing ( SGSSAA )

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR NVIDIA Anti-Aliasing ( SGSSAA )

Midgen
01.27.2013 , 05:54 PM | #11
Thanks!

Ighten
01.27.2013 , 05:59 PM | #12
will give it a try..

Kinado
01.27.2013 , 06:21 PM | #13
Should be perfectly fine if you have the latest version of nvidia inspector.

And yes, 0x000012C1 must be put manually in there. Just copy and paste it there right next to "Antialiasing compatibility".

0x000012C1 is what is called an AA flag, there is a big thread in guru3d forums about many AA flag for many games. However the one they show there for SWTOR isn't as good as the one I'm mentioning here.

This 0x000012C1 flag is intended with Sparse Grid Supersampling ( SGSSAA ) only, if you try another form of AA you might get missing textures here and there. Not to mention there will be jaggies everywhere, maybe less jaggies but they ll still be there. Anyway, if something goes wrong you can always restore the profile to its default in the nvidia inspector. It won't break your computer or your game. Feel free to experiment.

4x Multisampling AA + 4x SGSSAA was the best AA I found but it might make the game very heavy if you don't have a graphics card powerful enough. Reducing it to 4x Multisampling AA +2x SGSSAA might be a good idea if your card is weaker than a gtx 680. There' ll be some jaggies but it won t look as bad as in-game AA.

Play a bit with the settings to see what suits you the most. The best combination is multisampling AA (MSAA) + SGSSAA . Other combinations might make textures disappear or make the LOD BIAS -1.000 or -3.000 useless (no shiny textures).

I accidentally found a post by some random guy that I can't find anymore, saying that 0x000012C1 works better with SWTOR, only when applying SGSSAA. Apparently it does, so thank you random guy. Combined with the maximum pre-rendered frames to 1 and LOD bias to -1.000, the game looks incredible, plays really smooth and we get shiny textures on top of it giving an even more sci-fi look to the game.

xorcist
01.27.2013 , 07:46 PM | #14
Wow. It looks great. However that Dxtory thing. I'm using the free trial and couldn't bring up a profile other than Default. Also I was a little confused by the "Anisotropic Filtering" you mentioned. In SWTOR, under Graphics preferences, did you mean "Texture Anistropy" setting? One more question. Does Nvidia Inspector need to be open while playing? I'm assuming it can be closed after any changes are applied.

Thanks for this. I have a similar set up as you. Except I am using a 670 windforce.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

jedip_enguin
01.27.2013 , 10:10 PM | #15
Just so I'm clear, should I expect to take a performance hit by doing this?
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Dimvou
01.27.2013 , 11:32 PM | #16
I'm kind of a graphics guy too m8.
I've been trying to find a solution to the AA jaggie edges thing for way too long.
Is there anything similar for an ATI user?

KillaDeuce
01.28.2013 , 12:36 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinado View Post
I play at 1920x1080p with a 120hz monitor. Everything is maxed besides in-game AA, Anisotropic Filtering and Vsync which are turned OFF. Now that you know with what I play you can adjust the settings to your liking comparing to mine.
I don't see Anisotropic Filtering or Vsync in the SWTOR in-game graphics settings. Am I missing something?
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

Direach
01.28.2013 , 01:16 AM | #18
My comp is 32 bit Windows 7 with a GTX-580. I run SWTOR with all settings maxed. I followed the OP's suggestions using Nvidia Inspector, and the difference is amazing. I logged out on Voss, a planet where I am well-used to seeing constant chop while running around, and when I logged back in all chop was gone. I raced around on my speeder a bit, through the grasslands in the Bonus Series area, no chop, no FPS drop-off. Combat was smooth too. I'll have to mess around more tomorrow, but at first blush these suggestions yielded a significant improvement.

Very well done, sir, thank you for sharing this information!
RP - PvE: The Ebon Hawk server
---
“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

Degarmo
01.28.2013 , 01:56 AM | #19
I tried this out on my system, but it was Driver Version 310.90.

It hindered performance after following all steps.

The shinier effect looked pretty, and on Imperial Fleet it was nearly lagless, but nearly everywhere else my FPS dropped 20 to 30.
The Last - A gaming guild of old codgers.
www.thelastguild.com
RIP

OwenBrooks
01.28.2013 , 02:00 AM | #20
Only recommendation I have is Test with max pre-rendered frames to 2 instead of 1, if no difference in performance leave it set to 2.