Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Pyro PVE Guide


bbare's Avatar


bbare
01.25.2013 , 02:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
Yea, spot on. Agree 100%
Tell me this isn't happening, mutual agreement on an internet forum?
The Vanity Legacy

OlosBC's Avatar


OlosBC
01.25.2013 , 04:04 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
Tell me this isn't happening, mutual agreement on an internet forum?
You can instead focus on the prior disagreement based on misunderstood semantics.

Anyway.



How about another relevant topic.

Opener. I don't like opening with IM. Lately have been playing around with opening with flame burst instead. Gets the cylinder dot rolling faster. Kinda sucks when it procs ppa tho.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

bbare's Avatar


bbare
01.26.2013 , 02:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
You can instead focus on the prior disagreement based on misunderstood semantics.

Anyway.



How about another relevant topic.

Opener. I don't like opening with IM. Lately have been playing around with opening with flame burst instead. Gets the cylinder dot rolling faster. Kinda sucks when it procs ppa tho.
I open with IM on bosses for the following reasons:

1. It allows you to use rail shot and get the extra damage due to burning target.
2. It won't proc PPA Railshot
3. It gets your IM dot rolling.
The Vanity Legacy

steave's Avatar


steave
01.26.2013 , 04:50 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
I open with IM on bosses for the following reasons:

1. It allows you to use rail shot and get the extra damage due to burning target.
2. It won't proc PPA Railshot
3. It gets your IM dot rolling.
4. With all the cooldowns you're about to pop during your opening burst, that dot is actually gonna hit for really significant damage

OlosBC's Avatar


OlosBC
01.27.2013 , 01:22 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
I open with IM on bosses for the following reasons:

1. It allows you to use rail shot and get the extra damage due to burning target.
2. It won't proc PPA Railshot
3. It gets your IM dot rolling.
1: Flame burst does the same. Moot point.
2: This is a valid point.
3: I'd contend that I'd rather miss 2 ticks of IM DoT (376 per tick on my ship dummy) than miss 2 -3 (3 if you go IM-RS-RP, 2 if you go IM-RS-FB) of the Cylinder DoT (560 on my ship dummy)

4: I still pop off IM after my second rail shot, so it's going during my cooldowns.


Mind you, I'm still just playing around with this, and I haven't been doing Pyro all that long, so I'm not saying that I'm for sure right on this.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

steave's Avatar


steave
01.27.2013 , 02:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
4: I still pop off IM after my second rail shot, so it's going during my cooldowns.
Yeah, but that means 1 less attack that you can get in during your 15 second super burst, or in other wiords 10% of the buffed attacks lost. If you go IM first (before hitting your cooldowns) you can have it ticking throughout the burst phase and still use all 10 GCDs for instant damage attacks