Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

would shae vizla have the dark saber?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
would shae vizla have the dark saber?

turnoverla-page's Avatar


turnoverla-page
01.26.2013 , 12:31 PM | #1
well would shae vizla have the dark saber?

i think she must but you never see her with it

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
01.26.2013 , 01:59 PM | #2
Pre Vizla did say that the Darksaber was taken from the Jedi Temple by his ancestors. Assuming Pre and Shae were related, the Darksaber would have been taken by Shae at the Sacking of Coruscant when she took part in the attack on the Jedi Temple. Thus the weapon would have been passed down to Pre.

So yes, it is quite plausible she had it
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
01.26.2013 , 03:30 PM | #3
her name is Shae Vizla his name is Pre Vizsla.

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
01.26.2013 , 04:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
her name is Shae Vizla his name is Pre Vizsla.
apologies, i mispelled Pre's last name. It is, in fact, spelled Vizla
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

turnoverla-page's Avatar


turnoverla-page
01.26.2013 , 04:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
her name is Shae Vizla his name is Pre Vizsla.
didnt see that, but then the clans name could of changed slightly through the years though

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
01.26.2013 , 05:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by turnoverla-page View Post
didnt see that, but then the clans name could of changed slightly through the years though
actually they're both spelt Vizla, my error.

It spells Vizla on Shae's and Pre's Wookieepedia pages, and descriptions of them from other sources
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
01.26.2013 , 05:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
actually they're both spelt Vizla, my error.

It spells Vizla on Shae's and Pre's Wookieepedia pages, and descriptions of them from other sources
No, it's Pre Vizsla. Look again.

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
01.26.2013 , 05:48 PM | #8
Dear god, I'm sorry. Of course the Vizla-Vizsla thing could be a misspell over the years.
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

CassusVerda's Avatar


CassusVerda
01.26.2013 , 09:09 PM | #9
It's possible Shae is an ancestor to Tor and Pre Vizsla. Last names change over the years due to mispronunciations and misspellings and etc. Example: My friend's last name is Glasper, but originally it was spelled and pronounced Glasner in German. Considering SWTOR takes place hundreds of years before Tor and Pre Vizsla show up it's possible the name went under some changes. Or it could be Bioware just gave her the name Vizla just because it sounded like a cool name. Or they could have purposely left out the "S" to deter any relations with the Death Watch Leaders.

Honestly....I wish Shae had a role in the game instead of just showing up in the trailers...would have loved to meet her. Wait...do you guys know if you can find her in game because if so please tell me.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

Gratulor's Avatar


Gratulor
01.27.2013 , 10:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
It's possible Shae is an ancestor to Tor and Pre Vizsla. Last names change over the years due to mispronunciations and misspellings and etc. Example: My friend's last name is Glasper, but originally it was spelled and pronounced Glasner in German. Considering SWTOR takes place hundreds of years before Tor and Pre Vizsla show up it's possible the name went under some changes. Or it could be Bioware just gave her the name Vizla just because it sounded like a cool name. Or they could have purposely left out the "S" to deter any relations with the Death Watch Leaders.

Honestly....I wish Shae had a role in the game instead of just showing up in the trailers...would have loved to meet her. Wait...do you guys know if you can find her in game because if so please tell me.
There's a Vizla in TOR, but not Shae. Only Gen Vizla, one of the trainer duos that help you decide your AC. Hopefully Shae will show up in ROTHC.

And yeah, I believe it's the same clan. Mandos don't write everything down, they pass their stories down orally, so a lot of things can change down the line. Or it could be a separate clan that traces it's history back to the same source. We have the Antilles house of Alderaan and the Antilles family of Corellia, after all. Same name, different houses.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."