If Anakin didn't stop Windu?

I'm gonna reply my best. I just watched the scene and if Anakin didn't stop Windu, sidious would have died because sidious was trying to sweet talk anakin so if anakin didn't kill Mace, mace windu would have killed him with the killing blow. Watch the scene

I'm gonna reply my best. I just watched the scene and if Anakin didn't stop Windu, sidious would have died because sidious was trying to sweet talk anakin so if anakin didn't kill Mace, mace windu would have killed him with the killing blow. Watch the scene

Nice necro, and your wrong. Sidious would have killed Windu, Anakin didn't kill Mace he just disarmed him. Mace's saber was actually bending and he was losing his grip on his saber, regardless of Anakin being there or not, Mace would have been killed.

here's how i see it happening if Anakin was at the office.

Anakin fakes out Sidious by feinting for Windu but instead disarming the Dark Lord, who is then finished by Mace. Anakin, believing Sidious could've instead been arrested. Anakin duels the already-weak Windu and defeats him. Skywalker returns to the Jedi council and reports of Windu's death. Feeling a mix of emotions, Anakin begins his journey down the Dark Side. He renounces the order and ends up like Exar Kun. Waging a war against the Jedi, he eventually falls at the hands of his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

My take. Also, I'm a huge Exar Kun fan

Boss Nass would have thrown Sidious out the window and assumed the role of Sith Lord. Mace Windu and Anakin would be so awestricken and dumbfounded that they would have knelt at his feet right then and there. Then Boss Nass would have had 2 Sith Apprentices, Darth Vader and Darth Bad MotherF***er.

This is now canon, in my mind.

Sidious wouldn't have died, heres my take on how it would go and the after effects if Anakin never arrived in the office.

---

Anakin never arrives at Palpatine's office, thus he kills Mace Windu with his superiority in the force. He then realizes that getting Anakin to be his apprentice is now impossible, and then executes Order 66 with jedi around the galaxy dying. The raid on the temple is led by a detactment of Palpatine's royal guard leading the 501st, though because of Anakin not leading the attack is considered somewhat of a failure. Only 3 survivors in the temple are left, and they are Anakin Skywalker, Cin Drallig and Shaak Ti the 3 leave the temple and link up with Bail Organa, Yoda and Obi-Wan.

Padme gives birth to Luke and Leia, and the jedi go into hiding as the Galactic Empire takes control of the galaxy and the jedi are considered traitors. A few years pass, Luke and Leia begin their jedi training while the Rebel Alliance fights against the Empire though they have more resources and ships to start with being that they had help from the jedi raiding several Imperial convoys and getting many planets to support them. At this point Palpatine has a new apprentice, named Darth Anubis who is a very powerful sith lord. The battle of Yavin is roughly the same, and they leave Yavin IV in search of a new base of operations.

Eventually they set up on Hoth, and the battle of hoth does take place however since the Rebel Alliance has more resources, they have heavy artillery and their snowspeeders to combat the AT-ATs. Blizzard force led by General Veers, is taking heavy loses but not before the shield generator is destroyed and Darth Anbuis lands. Only Anakin and Cin are in the base, Shaak Ti, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Padme, Luke, Han and Chewie are out in the galaxy doing other Rebel operations on other worlds. Darth Anbuis enters the hanger where Anakin and Cin engage the sith lord in a fierce duel, Cin attacking first before being kicked back.

Anubis then uses force lighting against Anakin but he blocks it with his saber, Cin comes back using force speed and drives back the sith lord with Anakin before they disarmed him. The battle of hoth is in the Rebellion's favor, and Anubis is taken into custody where Alliance High Command executes him shortly after. A few more years pass, Yoda dies and Luke and Anakin have reached their full potential becoming the most powerful force users in history. Palpatine senses the demise of his apprentice, and he knows that he will soon be next meanwhile the Rebels are preparing their attack on the 2nd death star.

It all pretty much goes the same like in the movie, its a trap and such however the strike team consists of Han, Cin, Chewie and Luke with a detachment of Rebel Specforce Wilderness Fighters. They defeat the legion of stormtroopers with the ewoks help, and blow the shield bunker using charges while Leia, Shaak Ti, and Obi-Wan are coordinating the fleet attack(the fleet being 5X larger then what it was in the movies). Anakin meanwhile lands aboard the 2nd death star, while the battle goes on and heads towards the throne room confronting Palpatine. In a fierce duel, Anakin soon overcomes Palpatine and kills him before escaping the death star as it is about to blow.

With the 2nd death star destroyed, the Rebel fleet engages the remaining and demoralized imperial fleet forcing them to retreat into hyperspace. The war continues on for another few more years, and then The New Republic is formed.

This post was suprisingly well thought-out, did this just come to you when you saw this thread or had you been thinking about it for a while?

This post was suprisingly well thought-out, did this just come to you when you saw this thread or had you been thinking about it for a while?

In truth, I made it up as I went along lol. Though for the very first bit(first sentence), I did take an idea from another story after that my imagination sorta just took over.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Another scenario is that Anakin could have figured out that Palpatine intended to bring about the death of Padme to further push Anakin down the dark path.

Instead of Anakin attacking Windu, he ignites his lightsaber into the Sith Lord's face, and while Anakin would then have to admit his relationship with Padme and needs counselling, the Galaxy is safe.

Either Palpatine unleases a massive force lightning blasts, or Mace Windu cuts him down. Remember according yo the books Palpatine can transfer his consciousness to clones of himself, which he was doing even back then, so he would just take control of the Trade Federation army, and he could still issue order 66 before the Jedi tell the troopers he's Sith, it would just mean he's more open about his Tyranny and doesn't try to justify it.

If Anakin didn't stop Windu,then Sidious would have killed both.Or kill just Windu ,then disarm and stun Anakin or something them keep him locked somewhere untill he deals with order 66,then torture him or something to turn him to the dark side.

Windu has no chance vs Sidious ,plot armor or not.

Edited by Kaedusz

Either Palpatine unleases a massive force lightning blasts, or Mace Windu cuts him down. Remember according yo the books Palpatine can transfer his consciousness to clones of himself, which he was doing even back then, so he would just take control of the Trade Federation army, and he could still issue order 66 before the Jedi tell the troopers he's Sith, it would just mean he's more open about his Tyranny and doesn't try to justify it.
He only issued Order 66 after the Windu fight, he wouldn't have had the chance to before he was killed. And even if he did transfer his consciousness, he'd basically have to start over from scratch in politics since he wouldn't have any of the political pull he had.

He only issued Order 66 after the Windu fight, he wouldn't have had the chance to before he was killed. And even if he did transfer his consciousness, he'd basically have to start over from scratch in politics since he wouldn't have any of the political pull he had.

It's a clone body, so as long as he gets on the holocommunicator fast he can still issue the order, I say he could do it inside of a minute. As for the politics, he still controlled the Seperatist/Trade Federation Army, and if he neutralised the republic army, which he supplied in the first place ironically, then he could still conquer the republic. After that it's just consolidating his power. Really all that would have changed is his anti-alien policies, which would have focused on specific species rather than a "if you're not human you're scum" agenda.

Firstly,from my viewpoint, the EU mostly sucks (except thrawn trilogy and x-wing novels). So any abilties and story from that other stuff, I disregard.

That said -

Palpatine gambled and lost, Anakin stands by and lets things play out. Palpatine pulls out his sabre to rescue the situation and gets cut down with ease by Windu. The dark force explosion blows Mace out of the window to an unknown fate. Sidious has left order 66 on a timed transmission, so the jedi slaughter goes as planned.

Learning of the supreme chancellor's demise, the republic turns on the remaining few jedi. Despite a defensive plea from Yoda, Obiwan and Organa. Palpatine's plotting is buried by selected power hungry senators. The few remaining Jedi are now exiled.

Still war weary and corrupt, the fragmented republic appoints Thrawn as commander of the republic starfleet, with Tarkin in overall command of military forces. Fleet production is stepped up and death star project is scrapped, as there is no need of planetary destruction and weakened galactic economics make the cost prohibitive. Star destroyers are the method of keeping order throughout the known systems.

Luke and Leia are being trained by Yoda, Obi wan and their father and proving to be the strongest jedi ever known. The underground jedi movement is starting to grow, dissatisfaction with a corrupt republic leads to a rebellion that drags the whole galaxy to war.

Mace Windu kills Darth Sidious..

1. Anakin pleads with Mace Windu to save Padme.

2. Mace Windu and the rest of the Jedi are unable to help Padme and she dies.

3. A very unsympathetic Jedi Council tell Anakin that Padme's death is the will of the Force.

4. Anakin falls to the darkside seeing how the Jedi are not concerned with his situation.

5. The Jedi Council sensing Anakin's fall to the darkside, limit his involvement in the Jedi Order.

6. Anakin seeing how he is being held back takes matters into his own hands and flees the Jedi Order.

7. Anakin goes into hiding and trains in the darkside.

8. Anakin assumes the mantle of Dark Lord.

9. Anakin returns to the Jedi Temple to get his revenge.

10. Prophecy of the One is fulfilled. Anakin wipes out the Jedi and probably dies in the process returning balance.

No matter which way it goes down, Anakin will fulfill his destiny and wipe out the Jedi and the Sith.

It is ridiculous to say that sidious would kill windu. It's clearly obvious in the MOVIES that anakin saved palpatine. Windu won the lightsaber duel, and stoped the lightning for a time. The best palpatine could do would unleash a new lightning, but i doubt it would be strong/fast enough to prevente the killing blow fomr windu.

Accept this Mace Windu won the fight. Anakin saved palpatine's life.

Mace Windu kills Darth Sidious..

1. Anakin pleads with Mace Windu to save Padme.

2. Mace Windu and the rest of the Jedi are unable to help Padme and she dies.

3. A very unsympathetic Jedi Council tell Anakin that Padme's death is the will of the Force.

4. Anakin falls to the darkside seeing how the Jedi are not concerned with his situation.

5. The Jedi Council sensing Anakin's fall to the darkside, limit his involvement in the Jedi Order.

6. Anakin seeing how he is being held back takes matters into his own hands and flees the Jedi Order.

7. Anakin goes into hiding and trains in the darkside.

8. Anakin assumes the mantle of Dark Lord.

9. Anakin returns to the Jedi Temple to get his revenge.

10. Prophecy of the One is fulfilled. Anakin wipes out the Jedi and probably dies in the process returning balance.

No matter which way it goes down, Anakin will fulfill his destiny and wipe out the Jedi and the Sith.

Well considering if you look at the Force Vision, Padme's death was kind of caused by Anakin's fall to the darkside, if Anakin hadn't had turned there is a good chance Padme would be alive.

Furthermore, even if she didn't survive the fact that Anakin would have been there for the birth of Luke and Leia would mean that while he would have 2 new bright spots in his life, his two children. Additionally, the idea that the Jedi wouldn't show sympathy for Anakin if Padme died giving birth is unlikely:

1. There was a Jedi Council member that was married aside from Anakin, he would understand Anakin's feelings.

2. None of the Council knew Anakin was married, if Padme died and then it came out he isn't likely to be exiled.

3. It was entirely possible Anakin was seeing Padme in pain from while she is giving birth and misinterpretted what he saw.

In any event, if Anakin had let Windu kill Palpatine, then if Mace got blown out the window, it is possible he would have survived or held himself in the air long enough for Anakin to pull him back in.

Edited by GarfieldJL

It is ridiculous to say that sidious would kill windu. It's clearly obvious in the MOVIES that anakin saved palpatine. Windu won the lightsaber duel, and stoped the lightning for a time. The best palpatine could do would unleash a new lightning, but i doubt it would be strong/fast enough to prevente the killing blow fomr windu.

Accept this Mace Windu won the fight. Anakin saved palpatine's life.

He won the duel, but he didn't lose the fight. Sidious could have killed Windu, he just chose to play the weak helpess old man before going

"POWER!!!!!!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!"