Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

fed up backfilling 2 seconds before a wz ends

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
fed up backfilling 2 seconds before a wz ends

Feztonio
01.26.2013 , 01:40 AM | #1
thanks to server merges all my imp toons were put into a heavy pub dominant pvp server. the republic is all great pvp players with min/maxed gear and all the imp pvp guys are in recruit or even pve gear. there are several pub guilds with their vents and pre mades and as result the imps are farmed non-stop.

there's tons of imps just dropping wz like constantly and out of every ten wz's as a solo que i get maybe 7 of the 10 backfills.. and of those seven, at least 3 of them end up filling as time expires and another imp loss.. so i get big fat zeros as i'm trapped in the spawn point so not only did i waste a que, but it got me absolutely nothing.

not even complaining how borked pvp is.. can we at least get some valor or coms or something for your terrible groupfinder que or fix it so you don't get spawned into a route as it ends.
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

ObscureKnight
01.26.2013 , 01:52 AM | #2
I feel you man, I had 7 WZ where I joined with less than a minute in the last 24 hours. There need to be a lock out to this, you can only be backdoored into say 3 WZ a day at the most.
Shadowkeeper

tatatan
01.26.2013 , 01:58 AM | #3
+1 on this!
Implement lockout X minutes before end. I hate this too. What a wast of time.

linbel
01.26.2013 , 04:44 AM | #4
I agree I hate getting into a warzone with seconds before the end and leave with nothing.
A lockout is good, or a warning that the zone has started, so that you can decide to risk joining or not.

HaLeX
01.26.2013 , 04:58 AM | #5
This is a consequence of having no matchmaking and allowing premades vs pugs. I usually take advantage of it by grabbing quick medals and getting coms for 2-3 minutes of play. For the ones that end with no chance of getting a medal, it stinks, but its hardly game-breaking just annoying.
Stannis of House Baratheon, First of His Name, The One True King!!!
Lord of Dragonstone - Warrior of Light - Master of Ships (formerly)
King of The Andals and The First(claimant) Protector of the Realm (claimant)
GatorNation GatorCountry POT5

Knockerz
01.26.2013 , 05:09 AM | #6
What server are you playing on and what spec/class are you running with? Also what type of gear do you have. If yo have a poorly geared player well I can say you will many warzones. I just leave warzones that have too many new recruits simply cause I know if the other team is decent we won't win with so many dead weights on our team. When your a new recruits you just got play through those matches until you get enough gear to be decent for any wazrone you join.

Although I think my healer even though she around 17k hp not all that geared, but semi geared is more useful for warzones since I can help win a match since a good portion of matches the opposing team won't have a healer. Thus, a decent team with some good dps and healer can often win the game.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

V-Serp
01.26.2013 , 10:50 AM | #7
When that happens, I generally just look to premade, because when you premade it never backfills you. Plus then it's free wins since it almost always just zones you against a full PUG group, so even if you're just premading with one other person it's a better experience.

Yes, it's stupid, but they're called Biofail for a reason.

Warshades
01.26.2013 , 11:39 AM | #8
just running a duo will stop you from being a backfill.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

wwkingms
01.26.2013 , 02:26 PM | #9
i think some of us enjoy being... back-filled

;-)
NIHIL

THE BASTION