Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanishing commendations upon Preferred status.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Vanishing commendations upon Preferred status.

OwenBrooks
01.19.2013 , 02:29 AM | #11
Anyone actually submit a in-game ticket and get a response or are we just speculating here ?

Yes i know it is about prefered but has a friend submitted a ticket and got a response ?

ConradLionhart
01.19.2013 , 07:23 AM | #12
There are so many instances where subscribers are not punished for going Preferred Status.

The credits over the limit are put in an escrow. They do not disappear.
You can still equip artifacts because they were previously authorized by subscription. They are not unequipped.

But for some reason commendations disappear forever! Why!?
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

xgaldarx
01.19.2013 , 12:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
Actualy it says that the case with commendations is the same as with credits - so upon reading I assume that they would go into Escrow. If it isn't the case ....

DarthMeridian
01.24.2013 , 10:07 AM | #14
It looks like its fixed, but no mention about it in a patch - they had to be very ashamed.

Gavin_Kelvar
01.25.2013 , 10:18 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMeridian View Post
It looks like its fixed, but no mention about it in a patch - they had to be very ashamed.
Don't think it was. I let my sub lapse for about two weeks because I was busy with work. Logged on once or twice just to see what Preferred was like and my ~210 Daily comms were reduced to the cap of 175. Upon resubscribing I still only have 175 Daily comms.

Put in a support ticket though I don't know if they can or will restore the lost comms. Even if they do we shouldn't have to submit a ticket to recover items were earned while subscribing.

DarthMeridian
01.26.2013 , 06:17 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin_Kelvar View Post
Don't think it was. I let my sub lapse for about two weeks because I was busy with work. Logged on once or twice just to see what Preferred was like and my ~210 Daily comms were reduced to the cap of 175. Upon resubscribing I still only have 175 Daily comms.

Put in a support ticket though I don't know if they can or will restore the lost comms. Even if they do we shouldn't have to submit a ticket to recover items were earned while subscribing.
Went from sub to preferred on 24th and in my inventory/ currency tab i saw daily commendations 176/175 - I spent 150 and 26 remained.
Maybe, i am just an exception.

Gavin_Kelvar
01.26.2013 , 02:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMeridian View Post
Went from sub to preferred on 24th and in my inventory/ currency tab i saw daily commendations 176/175 - I spent 150 and 26 remained.
Maybe, i am just an exception.
Yeah it's really weird. I had 24/20 Voss commendations or something during my time as Preferred but my Daily comms were reduced to 175/175. The Voss comms aren't really important to me since on the toon in question I'm level 50 so the Voss comms are only useful for buying the lock boxes. The Daily comms however are quite valuable.

Either way something is horribly wrong with the system if it's a crapshoot of whether or not you'll loose commendations upon going to Preferred status. It shouldn't be a "guess which commendation categories that exceed the Preferred limit will not have the excess comms erased." At the very least they should implement a commendation escrow just like with credits. As far as I could tell I didn't loose a single credit that went over the limit so that system works, but however they programmed the game to deal with excess comms is not nearly as predictable.

Dimvou
01.26.2013 , 03:01 PM | #18
Had the same problem,after i resubscribed i was missing 500 comms,since my stored ones were a lot more than the prefered status cap.
Opened a ticket and they were restored to the last one.
Your friend has to resub though to get them back.

Gavin_Kelvar
01.27.2013 , 10:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dimvou View Post
Had the same problem,after i resubscribed i was missing 500 comms,since my stored ones were a lot more than the prefered status cap.
Opened a ticket and they were restored to the last one.
Your friend has to resub though to get them back.
How long did it take them to respond to your ticket?

Dimvou
01.27.2013 , 11:13 PM | #20
It took several days...i think 7-9.
My next ticket though for another issue got answered in 2 days