Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keeps on dieing & dieing & ....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Keeps on dieing & dieing & ....

verfallen
01.12.2013 , 08:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Anosa View Post
Sorc in pvp are absolute garbage at the moment. Marauders and sentinels are so over powered they cut through us like butter.
Absolute garbage, maybe not, but it does have some issues, mostly as far as baseline goes.

Currently you HAVE to spec a certain way to be successful.

Anosa
01.13.2013 , 12:19 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Absolute garbage, maybe not, but it does have some issues, mostly as far as baseline goes.

Currently you HAVE to spec a certain way to be successful.
they have issues overall around the class. Healing is the only thing they are currently worthy of.

i over exaggerated by saying garbage.
Meow

Advocatis
01.14.2013 , 08:51 AM | #13
Not only do your heals work on you, but you don't have to change targets to heal or bubble yourself. While attacking a mob, just select the heal or bubble and it will hit you automatically.

If you need to heal companion or group mate, then you need to switch targets. It's very valuable later to heal yourself without retargeting. I wish they would implement a HOTT window (health of targets target). Not only does it help with knowing how the tank is holding up, but you also get an indication of who took aggro.

Edonidd
01.14.2013 , 10:55 AM | #14
I was full madness spec while leveling, but never had any problems unless there was MORE THAN 2 equal level elites and 2 regular mobs. In other words a H4 area was usually too much, but only rarely had problems with H2's. And my Khem was usually in crappy gear.

Just make sure to use your whirlwind and then send Khem in. Take AoE's off his toolbar so he doesn't break mez. Keep him bubble him before a fight and heal him when he gets about half dead ish. Other than that just throw out as much damage as you can. Took me some getting used to, but once you figure out where to put your deathfield to hit the targets you want and not pull extras or break mez you will be way ahead of the game.

I had absolutely no problem with single targets this way either and was soloing every single named elite or champion I could find. There were several H4's that you could do just the objectives and then fight a solo champion at the end. I could solo those on my sorc. No other classes that I have tried have come close to that yet.

SebastionMaugris
01.19.2013 , 03:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Advocatis View Post
I wish they would implement a HOTT window (health of targets target). Not only does it help with knowing how the tank is holding up, but you also get an indication of who took aggro.
They do have this, it's just not shown by default. I'm pretty sure it's in the Interface Editor. Definitely useful for tanks and healers.

AdmiralParmesan
01.19.2013 , 11:07 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
I was full madness spec while leveling, but never had any problems unless there was MORE THAN 2 equal level elites and 2 regular mobs. In other words a H4 area was usually too much, but only rarely had problems with H2's. And my Khem was usually in crappy gear.

Just make sure to use your whirlwind and then send Khem in. Take AoE's off his toolbar so he doesn't break mez. Keep him bubble him before a fight and heal him when he gets about half dead ish. Other than that just throw out as much damage as you can. Took me some getting used to, but once you figure out where to put your deathfield to hit the targets you want and not pull extras or break mez you will be way ahead of the game.

I had absolutely no problem with single targets this way either and was soloing every single named elite or champion I could find. There were several H4's that you could do just the objectives and then fight a solo champion at the end. I could solo those on my sorc. No other classes that I have tried have come close to that yet.
You are talking about a low level PVE environment which is completely irrelevant. We are talking about endgame PVP balancing and fundamental sorcerer problems at level 50. Just because you had success in lowbie heroic quests does not mean the class is functioning properly in pvp or raiding endgame pve for that matter. Pay attention to the context.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

xxArmand
01.26.2013 , 04:20 AM | #17
Guys i argued with my friends about this dying thing and i am really sad i left my sorcerer rot to die our class makes dmg yes we are really good at 1v1 but in wz there isnt always 1v1 there is 2v1 3v1 3v3 3v2.... and when they focus on us we vaporize. it was like that before but we were dealing much more dmg so the fights weren't long. they didnt changed a huge thing about our survival they killed our dmg and our lightningh / corroption hybrid. its really funy we are spending 40 skill points to cast thunder blast we are adding %50 more crit dmg with 5 skill point and it makes 3500 crit we can do this dmg with dead field to 3 targets about 3050 it is really funny all other classes have really cool end tree skills but we have a ****** street fighter aduket and thunder has 2 sd cast dead field is instant and they add a funny medium heal it only makes me stand 3 second more i am playing mara (rage) which is op and when i see a sorc/sage i am really laughing while i was attacking him/her it is really funny wacthing them turning brain dead when i smash