Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Holy crap at IA story and ending!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Holy crap at IA story and ending!

chuixupu
01.26.2013 , 02:21 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Truvu View Post
Welp, thanks for ruining KOTOR for me.
I don't get it, what's this about?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Nailkita
02.11.2013 , 11:33 AM | #32
I just finished the story on the weekend, and I have to say the Hunter reveal didn't feel right to me... at least not entirely. Because of all the back and forth between my agent and hunter that I really got into and enjoyed. Hunter sort of walked the line of being creepy and affectionate to her... a line that didn't make as much sense after the reveal,
Spoiler

I don't know, overall I loved the story and even the ending, however I think my agent would have considered running off with hunter since
Spoiler

stringcat
02.11.2013 , 01:51 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Nailkita View Post
I don't know, overall I loved the story and even the ending, however I think my agent would have considered running off with hunter since
Spoiler
I actually REALLY liked that. He's not the jealous type. I find that awesome-- both because the agent seduces people as part of her modus operandi, and because it's in character with his killikness. Jealousy is a human concept, not a hive-mindy one.

He's the anti-Corso Riggs. (Who sucks.)
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

Nailkita
02.11.2013 , 02:08 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
I actually REALLY liked that. He's not the jealous type. I find that awesome-- both because the agent seduces people as part of her modus operandi, and because it's in character with his killikness. Jealousy is a human concept, not a hive-mindy one.

He's the anti-Corso Riggs. (Who sucks.)
Wasn't really a dislike thing, in earlier conversations too, he liked that my focus was more on getting the job done, and "using all the tools in her arsenal" and if I recall she has a man on her homeworld as well (chiss)

Actually through the whole story I loved that you could flirt with pretty much every male involved. That's right agent by the power of ***** you will get results.

krakadyla
03.23.2013 , 07:17 AM | #35
I apologize for necromancy -- did not want to start a new thread, but absolutely wanted to express my appreciation of IA story. Hoo boy. Just finished it and already I want to relive it, even if that means slogging through Alderaan, horrible, terrible Alderaan, again...please somebody make a single RPG out of it with the save/load magic? And speaking of single story-oriented RPGs, IA's storyline deserves a place within greatest of them; somewhere not far from Planescape: Torment and KOTOR 2. I humbly bow before the writer.

chuixupu
03.23.2013 , 12:15 PM | #36
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Xaldynn
03.23.2013 , 01:36 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Truvu View Post
Welp, thanks for ruining KOTOR for me.
lol, I know this post is old, but seriously..

if you haven't played KOTOR by now find that out by now, you had no intention of playing it anyways.

-On topic-

I loved the Agent storyline..in the beginning..

It was very well written, I love a story with plot twists and drama. I kind of knew Chapter 1 would end the way it did, but that's because I can usually guess things like that. But it was a great first chapter.

Second chapter...getting a little strange but still playable..

The whole brainwashing thing kind of threw me off at first..it was a good twist, but the way they presented it confused me, and I stop and start over that cinematic video in the story a couple times to understand. I also felt they overused the brainwashing..it got to the point to where I was fully expecting them to say "Onomonaphobia..Agent, make me a sandwich"

I could also guess that Ardun Kothe would end up being a Jedi too

What I DID like about chapter two was your "mental battle" so to speak with Watcher X. I loved how even tho I killed him, he tried to help change my brainwash code. He had a very "sherlock holmes" way about him, reminding you to notice and look for all things hidden and such.

Chapter 3 was just..awful..

When I got to the ending and you find out Hunter was a woman the whole time...I just laughed my literal *** off..I couldn't believe how that ended..I would rather he just died on the floor instead of revealing he was a she and then killing herself..

And I wont even go into detail about Kaliyo..omg what a terrible companion..

Overall, a well rounded story and great from the beginnnig, but I felt it got worse the more I played thru it.

Worth playing through to, as it explains a good deal "behind the scenes" of the Empire
Zéphyros Stärrk Calämitus Spëcter
Kόrrvo Kúgo Stárrk Cόrrvo

Guild Leader Of: The Will Of The Force

Plicitous
04.03.2013 , 02:31 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Xaldynn View Post
And I wont even go into detail about Kaliyo..omg what a terrible companion..
Totally agree on Kaliyo. It's a testament to the quality of the writing and effectiveness of the developers that I was seriously bummed I couldn't a) kill her or b) kick her sorry arse off of my ship.

More branching factors please

Nekobaghira
04.04.2013 , 10:36 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Plicitous View Post
Totally agree on Kaliyo. It's a testament to the quality of the writing and effectiveness of the developers that I was seriously bummed I couldn't a) kill her or b) kick her sorry arse off of my ship.

More branching factors please
I would have loved to have killed her off or kicked her off the ship. I felt like I was stuck with her and you are for an awfully long time too.

EldonNyriss
04.04.2013 , 04:23 PM | #40
I just finished the story on my Male Sniper, and I must say it was BRILLIANT. I loved every single quest from the very beginning to the very end. Very well written, full of mystery, twists, turns, conspiracy and identity crisis!

Spoiler

I have to admit, it is the best class story out of the eight, having done all. Even made a female Operative to re-live it

Suddenly I don't even care about Makeb, I need Agent: Part 2, or like the next chapter, SOMETHING.
Sethrana, Mercenary EleanorPhi, Jedi Sage
Ondaii, Sniper Wiress, SorceressElephi, Scoundrel