Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

badou
01.26.2013 , 02:11 AM | #851
i posted on another thread that what i think they should do is remove the channel from gr and put it in a 1.5sec cd so its instant and has 1.5 or 2 sec cd.that would make as a million times more mobile and its almost the same as before just we are no turrets anymore.

cashogy_reborn
01.26.2013 , 02:34 AM | #852
Quote: Originally Posted by badou View Post
i posted on another thread that what i think they should do is remove the channel from gr and put it in a 1.5sec cd so its instant and has 1.5 or 2 sec cd.that would make as a million times more mobile and its almost the same as before just we are no turrets anymore.
instant cast tracer missle/grav round has been suggested in the past. it was met with a lot of QQ
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Bluntron
01.26.2013 , 06:44 AM | #853
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
Come on now, blunttron, that's not constructive! We gotta support the Developers so they'll throw us a bone!

Actually now that I think about it, they should just let mercenaries become powertechs and vice versa. We already have a skill respec thing, why not let us change classes! That way we have 6 trees to go through and we don't have the suffer the same class story over and over again.
So instead of having 8 classes you want to reduce it to 4?
Thats just a horrible idea

And it is the same class story. Nothing changes bout it.

NoTomorrow
01.26.2013 , 06:53 AM | #854
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
instant cast tracer missle/grav round has been suggested in the past. it was met with a lot of QQ
As a sniper i am against tracer missle being instacast.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

xxIncubixx
01.26.2013 , 08:11 AM | #855
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
As a sniper i am against tracer missle being instacast.
why? commando doesnt have anything near the lolcover mechanic... cast times on sniper are fine because u cant be interrupted and u have CC immunity on a button if you need to resist incoming crap.

commando has 0 of theses tools and bioware still made it with cast times, retarded to say the least.

Glower
01.26.2013 , 08:28 AM | #856
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
Actually now that I think about it, they should just let mercenaries become powertechs and vice versa. We already have a skill respec thing, why not let us change classes! That way we have 6 trees to go through and we don't have the suffer the same class story over and over again.
^this

Quote: Originally Posted by badou View Post
okay, or ^this
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Bluntron
01.26.2013 , 11:36 AM | #857
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
^this

okay, or ^this
-No, AC respecs would destory the game more.

If Tracer had a CD. It would allow you to keep your heat low because youd be forced to fill that 1.5 secs with rapid fire or possibly MB/ER

PerinnAybara
01.26.2013 , 12:21 PM | #858
They could also increase the crit chance of heatseekers for each stack of tracer debuff or tracer lock. Maybe make it a 10% increase, so 50% total. Would be nice if our heavy hitter was a consistent heavy hitter like smash.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Smashbrother
01.26.2013 , 01:14 PM | #859
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
why? commando doesnt have anything near the lolcover mechanic... cast times on sniper are fine because u cant be interrupted and u have CC immunity on a button if you need to resist incoming crap.

commando has 0 of theses tools and bioware still made it with cast times, retarded to say the least.
Because no spammable main attack should be instant cast. It would make commando dominate the other ranged classes.

Glower
01.26.2013 , 02:24 PM | #860
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
-No, AC respecs would destory the game more.

If Tracer had a CD. It would allow you to keep your heat low because youd be forced to fill that 1.5 secs with rapid fire or possibly MB/ER
I wonder... How exactly this will destroy SWTOR if I swap my poor abandoned mercenary to powertech?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)