Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthBloodloss
01.23.2013 , 07:11 PM | #841
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
I dropped that skill off my build, too many force powers bypass it for it to be of much use. Same with the shield cleansingmovement imparing effects. I use my shield and I'm still moving at 30%, now I'm dead and it's on a super longccooldown.
Degauss is so huge for me. It turns a so-so shield ability into a life saver. Have you ever been lept at and gotten Ravaged....suddenly to find you can't move out of range? Degauss!

Ever cross the fire in huttball and get rooted when your stun breaker is down? Degauss! You should also have 1 point in energy rebounder. Its fine to leave it at 50% chance because you take damage so frequently, the 50% chance is irrelevant. One person using rapid shots on you hits you, what, 3 times? Thats almost a guaranteed proc right there. One of the three 50% chances will succeed (usually).

If you don't have Degauss, you have 2 points in the Alacrity skill, the Stealth Scan skill, or the Head Reduction while Stunned. I don't see how any of those 3 skills are even remotely in the ballpark as one of our main escape moves. The shield is available much more than stun breaker is, due to energy rebounder.

And if you dont have any points in Energy Rebounder or Automated Defenses, you have even more points in the less usefull skills above. These are huge for me, in my build.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

cashogy_reborn
01.23.2013 , 07:15 PM | #842
deguass is very valuable imo. it would be nice if it was changed to allow immunity to roots/slows for the duration of Energy Shield for Mercs, that would be a big help for Merc's escapability
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
01.24.2013 , 09:50 AM | #843
Honestly I never take Degauss these days. The breaking ravage root thing would be more persuasive if more maras were speccing carnage, but as it stands? meh. If it did provide immunity for the duration that would be different of course.

I do take the alacrity talent but thats because I feel 4% alacrity is better than 2% endurance and I need to get out of tier 1. After that I take Parallactic Combat Stims, Superheated Plasma, and either the slow or the enhanced stealth scan (since it reduces the amount of downtime on stealthscan when guarding).

After that there's just too many good things in the tree to take over degauss.

Besides we have a cleanse.

Like I said if more maras were carnage it'd be a different story.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ArchangelLBC
01.24.2013 , 04:44 PM | #844
bumpity bump bump

-Wnd

Macroeconomics
01.25.2013 , 03:43 AM | #845
Well, we're looking at (probably) only a few more days until 1.7 hits PTS. So what do people think BW will actually change for Mercs? As opposed to what we'd like to see?

I'm guessing we get Jet Boost buffed with a Cleanse on activation and a 30% speed boost for 2 seconds after activation. While the heat cost of Jet Boost goes up from 16 to 25. I doubt they will change anything else for Mercs.

I think the biggest class balance change for Mercs in 1.7 will come from the changes made to other classes. Namely to Sorc stun bubble and Rage/Focus Smash Monkeys. The more Sorc stun bubble gets nerfed, the worse for Mercs. Correspondingly, the more the Smash Monkeys get nerfed, the better for Mercs. And yeah, it is entirely possible that the two effects cancel each other out.

Llama-Eight
01.25.2013 , 05:14 AM | #846
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
I'm guessing we get Jet Boost buffed with a Cleanse on activation and a 30% speed boost for 2 seconds after activation. While the heat cost of Jet Boost goes up from 16 to 25. I doubt they will change anything else for Mercs.
That sounds worryingly plausable given their (only post on the issue) apparent view that we (only) have escape issues...

Quote:
I think the biggest class balance change for Mercs in 1.7 will come from the changes made to other classes. Namely to Sorc stun bubble and Rage/Focus Smash Monkeys. The more Sorc stun bubble gets nerfed, the worse for Mercs. Correspondingly, the more the Smash Monkeys get nerfed, the better for Mercs. And yeah, it is entirely possible that the two effects cancel each other out.
I'm not convinced that they'll do much balance changes until they push out RotHC given the significant changes they'll need to make for that anyway.

ArchangelLBC
01.25.2013 , 09:54 AM | #847
Well, we're looking at (probably) only a few more days until 1.7 hits PTS. So what do people think BW will actually change for Mercs? As opposed to what we'd like to see?

I dunno that they'll give commandos/mercs even that much directly, though if they did the jerks would up the ammo cost. I agree with the rest of your sentiment, though a nerf to bubble stun is also a buff to carnage mara and if those guys get their burst back look out.

-Wnd

Bluntron
01.25.2013 , 11:18 AM | #848

I expect more 'buff' nerf for mercs. Like the whole root on rocket punch.

PerinnAybara
01.26.2013 , 01:59 AM | #849
Come on now, blunttron, that's not constructive! We gotta support the Developers so they'll throw us a bone!

Actually now that I think about it, they should just let mercenaries become powertechs and vice versa. We already have a skill respec thing, why not let us change classes! That way we have 6 trees to go through and we don't have the suffer the same class story over and over again.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

DariusCalera
01.26.2013 , 02:09 AM | #850
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
I expect more 'buff' nerf for mercs. Like the whole root on rocket punch.
We will get an instant cast Grav Round, Charged Bolts, and be able to use cover. However, all of our attacks will have their range and damage reduced by 50% and our heals will only be able to be used out of combat.