Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

republic-side tanks in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
republic-side tanks in pvp

Banderal
01.25.2013 , 06:13 PM | #11
I would say cons for a pure tank shadow is that you do pitiful damage. Now, I'm perfectly willing to believe it was just me - but when I ran my shadow with pure tanking gear (WH) and using only the tanking tree, well I couldn't actually *kill* anyone to save my life. Wasn't until I switched to a hybrid build (31/0/10) and started using a mix of tanking and DPS gear that I saw myself doing enough damage to actually matter. I'm not a top DPSer by any means, but I can now actually see the enemy's health bar drop when I throw rocks at them, and even force them to use their CDs to deal with me once in a while.

Cowflab
01.25.2013 , 10:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I would say cons for a pure tank shadow is that you do pitiful damage. Now, I'm perfectly willing to believe it was just me - but when I ran my shadow with pure tanking gear (WH) and using only the tanking tree, well I couldn't actually *kill* anyone to save my life. Wasn't until I switched to a hybrid build (31/0/10) and started using a mix of tanking and DPS gear that I saw myself doing enough damage to actually matter. I'm not a top DPSer by any means, but I can now actually see the enemy's health bar drop when I throw rocks at them, and even force them to use their CDs to deal with me once in a while.
Since when is a 31/0/10 build considered a "hybrid?"

Darth-Rammstein
01.25.2013 , 10:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
Since when is a 31/0/10 build considered a "hybrid?"
lol, yeah 31 points in a tree certainly isn't hybrid..
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Philelectric
01.26.2013 , 12:03 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelSolo View Post
Shadow tanks are probably the best I would say. I have a Guardian Tank and a Vanguard Tank, both have Campaign Black Hole suit bonuses. I have played with Shadow tanks in OPS and they steam aggro all the time. Shadows put out some majot damage while also having great defensive type stats. Guardians are ok tanks, however I notice tat weh tanking mobs, you cannot stay focused on one main target as a Guardian. AOE taunts work momentarily, you will need to tab all over the battlefield and hit the mobs and try and keep aggro. My Vanguard tank is a way better as the Sonic round and nueral jolt are great at getting and keeping aggro. However I see Shadows dominate the field becasue the ppower they put out. Make sure yout tanks are hybrid spec'd a little so that you hits are somewhat powerful this helps a tank keep aggro. Do not use the whole shield spec or (whatever tree that is leaning toward a tank). Maks suer you spend some points in the other trees Noxxic.com is a great resource for ya!
PvP forum. Thank you, have a nice day now go back home
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

aleksandar_bf
01.26.2013 , 01:08 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I would say cons for a pure tank shadow is that you do pitiful damage. Now, I'm perfectly willing to believe it was just me
Hmm i think its just u I was quite surprised how much damage i do whit my shadow.. but anyway damage is not my job ...

So in pvp u got 2 real choices .. Guardian and Shadow ... Most ppl will say guardian is better but ill disagree with them all .. So take shadow ..
Sponsored by Karagga
Acco - Vanguard - Tactics
TOFN