Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Looking for a LGBT guild


Melawyn's Avatar


Melawyn
01.23.2013 , 06:37 PM | #11
Oh and if in guildchat, you dont' know what members are actual adults or children. Would you want your children subjected to your racism, profanity, etc? Then wy subject other children? I have refrained from getting on any other vent channels since the first guild I was in, True Dignity True Respect, cussed me out and threatened me. He/She (who sounded like a child) was frustrated with his computer and I made a joke in guildchat (my mic wasn't working) about anger management, to use a hammer instead of a fist. Even after I apologized for HIS taking offense at something meant innocently and to laugh with, he/she kept on. And no one to my knowledge told him to stop or got on his case for his behavior and treatment of a new guildmember. I bet if it was a guildmember acting like that, they would have been consequences. Apparently IT was the guildmaster. Thats another reason that I get selective on which guild. I thank you for your question about "why and that you prefaced with all respect and not to cause..." I hope I've answered your question to the best I can.

Aramyth's Avatar


Aramyth
01.24.2013 , 09:09 AM | #12
I'm really confused here.

You're upset that other guilds will treat your differently/bad because you're gay but you are flirting with members in IM's? Presumably mostly men that you are flirting with and you wonder why they might say things about you? Did you ever think your "harmless" or "casual" flirting could of been offensive to people the same as you getting called derogatory terms is.

Darthcrawdaddy's Avatar


Darthcrawdaddy
01.25.2013 , 02:03 AM | #13
I tried to start an LGBT guild once and was banned from the game for it.
Santee'fe-china The creepy dirty old man of <Republic Gentlemen>
Supporter of having the following in the game: More Playable Species (not unlockable), Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles, legacy mailing, no middle man (docking stations) and other MMORPG elements

darthgamer's Avatar


darthgamer
01.25.2013 , 06:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aramyth View Post
I'm really confused here.

You're upset that other guilds will treat your differently/bad because you're gay but you are flirting with members in IM's? Presumably mostly men that you are flirting with and you wonder why they might say things about you? Did you ever think your "harmless" or "casual" flirting could of been offensive to people the same as you getting called derogatory terms is.
The way he talks sounds vaguely familiar had a similar issue in a guild not long ago he would stop ppl ripped into him and he cried foul.
Squadron 11-11-11

fixate's Avatar


fixate
01.25.2013 , 11:53 PM | #15
<Righteous Light Force Jedi Squad> is totally looking for some sassy new members to join the fabulous ranks.. just message Utopi, Cates or Dargos for more information.

Thaaaaaaanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relent

IBJammin's Avatar


IBJammin
01.26.2013 , 01:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by fixate View Post
<Righteous Light Force Jedi Squad> is totally looking for some sassy new members to join the fabulous ranks.. just message Utopi, Cates or Dargos for more information.

Thaaaaaaanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great!

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
01.26.2013 , 01:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aramyth View Post
I'm really confused here.

You're upset that other guilds will treat your differently/bad because you're gay but you are flirting with members in IM's? Presumably mostly men that you are flirting with and you wonder why they might say things about you? Did you ever think your "harmless" or "casual" flirting could of been offensive to people the same as you getting called derogatory terms is.
You.... need to see some of the things I write in Gen chat, pubpvp chat, guild chat, PD chat, and whispers to Candy Maybe he just wants a decent environment to have fun in
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

IBJammin's Avatar


IBJammin
01.26.2013 , 02:13 PM | #18
Thinking about this. I'd say that many female players also have to filter out a ton of misogynistic BS on a daily basis.

Aramyth's Avatar


Aramyth
01.27.2013 , 09:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
You.... need to see some of the things I write in Gen chat, pubpvp chat, guild chat, PD chat, and whispers to Candy Maybe he just wants a decent environment to have fun in
Wanting a decent/good/fun environment to play in is completely valid. I just find it ironic that he would casually flirt with people in a non -LGBT guild and expect to get no flack for it. (Because if he is gay he is most likely flirting with the men in the guild and I imagine that some would find it awkward etc.)

As for what you say to Candy, well, lol, that's your business.

Rhokasa's Avatar


Rhokasa
01.28.2013 , 11:10 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
You.... need to see some of the things I write in Gen chat, pubpvp chat, guild chat, PD chat, and whispers to Candy Maybe he just wants a decent environment to have fun in

Playful flirting carries the possibility that the recipient might not realize it is just "playing". Said recipient might respond in kind with a generic question like one those already listed by the poster. Getting all huffy about it when the poster initiated the "flirt" is poor manners and shows that the poster didn't really think before posting. Problem with text is, sometimes it doesn't convey the nuances found when speaking. Adding the additional variables of one poster being gay and the other straight makes for an even bigger mess when chat can be totally misconstrued.
I'm a free spirit, I don't like to be tied down.....What? Oh, you mean literally.....Oh no, totally into that.