Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preferred status and forums

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Preferred status and forums

gerbilsrcute
01.25.2013 , 08:15 PM | #1
Why is it that if you are a preferred status player you are unable to post on the forums? To me this seems to be unfair to limit the forums to subscribers only. There are various reasons why someone would be unable to pay on a month to month basis...for me it isn't just the money. I am limited in my time on playing and it is unrealistic to pay for something each month that I may or may not use. That doesn't mean I won't contribute to the game through the cartel market etc. And in fact I've already done so...and by saying I can't post on the forums unless I pay each month seems as if my money isn't worthwhile.Subscribers already get a lot of in-game perks...why limit who can post as long as they abide by the rules of the forums.

Angror
01.25.2013 , 08:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by gerbilsrcute View Post
Why is it that if you are a preferred status player you are unable to post on the forums? To me this seems to be unfair to limit the forums to subscribers only. There are various reasons why someone would be unable to pay on a month to month basis...for me it isn't just the money. I am limited in my time on playing and it is unrealistic to pay for something each month that I may or may not use. That doesn't mean I won't contribute to the game through the cartel market etc. And in fact I've already done so...and by saying I can't post on the forums unless I pay each month seems as if my money isn't worthwhile.Subscribers already get a lot of in-game perks...why limit who can post as long as they abide by the rules of the forums.
So by your account you should be allowed everything that the subs get just because you dont wanna justify paying 50c per day. Seems ligit.
Im part of Generation X the generation that was supose to wreck it all. Sure glad thats where i am instead of Generation Y - as in Why cant i just have that without doing anything for it.

Genuine
01.25.2013 , 08:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by gerbilsrcute View Post
i think subs don't get value for what we are paying for at the moment i mean all the new stuff is cartel and in my opinion we should get more coins a month or a discount in the cartel market
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

gerbilsrcute
01.25.2013 , 08:46 PM | #4
Quote:
So by your account you should be allowed everything that the subs get just because you dont wanna justify paying 50c per day. Seems ligit.
Ummmm...did you READ what I wrote? No...I DON"T think I should be allowed everything subs get just because I can't pay month to month. I SAID I don't think that I should be restricted from posting on the forums just because I can't pay month to month. I ALSO said that I DO pay and contribute to the game via the cartel market and that as long as a player, abides by the rules of the forums should not be restricted from posting...especially if said player is one who DOES contribute to the game in other ways.

Angror
01.25.2013 , 08:50 PM | #5
Work out the value of your cartel coins compared to a sub fee. Think you will see why its smarter to sub even if you can only play 3 or 4 days in a month.
Im part of Generation X the generation that was supose to wreck it all. Sure glad thats where i am instead of Generation Y - as in Why cant i just have that without doing anything for it.

OwenBrooks
01.25.2013 , 08:53 PM | #6
You have a valid point to raise, but best place to post is in the suggestion box.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

gerbilsrcute
01.25.2013 , 09:10 PM | #7
Quote:
Work out the value of your cartel coins compared to a sub fee. Think you will see why its smarter to sub even if you can only play 3 or 4 days in a month.
Maybe so...if I was paying at least $10-12 each month but that isn't always the case. Plus there are times when I may not be active for several MONTHS...that isn't the case now...but there may be times when this is so...
In any case, as I said I'm not denying anyone any in-game perks...subscribers pay for what they get no doubt, and granted as was mentioned above in some cases perhaps they should get more...but I still don't think that forum posting should be a subscriber only perk. Other mmos offer ANY player the right to post as long as they abide by the rules of the forums. At the very least it should be something available to a preferred status player.

OwenBrooks thanks for the link to the suggestions, I will take you up on that suggestion and post there.