Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aurora Canon 4man Requires at least 3 Humans?

Raekor
01.24.2013 , 07:18 PM | #31
After this thread I had to try the 3 manning it option. Looks to me like an exploit, but one I think should be allowed due to the stupidity of the quest. Artificially forcing 4 people regardless of competence and gear is stupid, especially on low pop servers like I am on.

itsmymillertime
01.25.2013 , 04:28 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekor View Post
After this thread I had to try the 3 manning it option. Looks to me like an exploit, but one I think should be allowed due to the stupidity of the quest. Artificially forcing 4 people regardless of competence and gear is stupid, especially on low pop servers like I am on.
then they should make it a heroic 2+ instead of heroic 4. in fact, change all heroic 4's in the game to solo quests.

Raekor
01.25.2013 , 04:35 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
then they should make it a heroic 2+ instead of heroic 4. in fact, change all heroic 4's in the game to solo quests.
Calling it a heroic 4 is fine. Changing one it so one heroic 4 in the entire game no longer follows the pattern of being a recommendation is what needs to change.

VigDiath
01.25.2013 , 04:48 PM | #34
This game is an MMO as people have pointed out on this forum. As an MMO, there are going to be challenges that require the coordination of multiple players. Sometimes you can work around that and sometimes you cannot. I don't think people should get upset when considering this is an MMO and the devs actually want people to work together.

I find it funny that people in this game complain about there not being enough content to make this a *credible* MMO yet when they come upon challenges that require you to group, get upset because it is lol. Anyway, as someone mentioned, the last puzzle can be completed with 3 players.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Genuine
01.25.2013 , 05:05 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Valeforth View Post
I can confirm that this is infact right. I do have to say though I was rather dejected after getting through the entire instance (as well as killing the boss) only to find that we actually needed 4 players to finish the quest.

Was very surprised at the lack of any warning (upon entering the instance) indicating this to be honest.
did you not see the Heroic +4 on the mission lol i know you can solo meany of them but still that is your warrning

+4 means 4 players recommended

+2 means 2 or more recommended
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

LogicalPremise
01.25.2013 , 09:04 PM | #36
Well, here's my take on it.

There are very good arguments for the "no other H4 actually requires 4 humans or even 3 humans" -- this is true. Every other H4 in the game can theoretically be 2-manned, the change up here may be startling to people. The logical part of my mind nods.

The common sense part of my mind notes that 2-manning most of the daily content is EXTREMELY painful and a waste of time. It's much easier to go through Black Hole and Sec X with a four man and doing as a 2-man is just asking for it.

Long story short: If you 3 man every heroic you will not have this problem, find a friend to play with you and your spouse.
Majynn - 55 Sith Sorcerer - The Society
Garadan- 53 Sith Juggernaught - VTSU
HARBINGER

BacaWicket
07.30.2013 , 11:59 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Sajitta View Post
My hubby and I like to do 4man heroics with just the 2 of us and 2 of our companions. We worked our way to the end of Aurora Canon only to find that apparently it takes 3 actual human players to click simultaneously on 3 things to bring down the forcefield to finish detonating the EMP.

Could someone comfirm I am right in this. If I'm wrong, explain how to do it with only 2 humans and 2 companions. If I'm wrong I apologize and rescind the comments that follow.

Can some developer tell me why you would do this? 4man has always meant 4 and you guys pride yourself on a game that has these useful companions. I've done countless 4s using companions to fill out the group. If a group has to have more than 2 humans, I think there should be a warning so we dont' waste our time, resources (in death repair) and emotional well-being!!!

So because I don't like grouping with people I don't know, I can never complete this 4man and thus the weekly. I'm bummed to say the least.
dont u mean 2 players 2 companions not all players are human

metalfenix
07.31.2013 , 01:53 AM | #38
holy necro thread batman
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger

ToMyMa
08.01.2013 , 01:16 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by PaniMauser View Post
You need four players, because you need two people to hold gates open, so two players let other two inside, and those two, when inside, open the gates for the first pair. No way around it.
You can get through all gates with only 2 guys. You just need to stand very close to the forcefield, and you'll make it through before it closes.
Elite Warlord Tanvir
Techfreak
Return of Yavin
Tomb of Freedon Nadd