Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

Wolfninjajedi
01.25.2013 , 04:38 PM | #11
The only problem with that, Xizor and Traya have fixed locations that are visable whereas G0-T0 had a stealthed yacht that could be stopped and found only by a gravtrap sensor and a gravity well generator, the former of which was expensive and the only one who could realistically afford and find one without blowing a huge sum of credits is Xizor. Now Xizor's fleet will probably be the only real threat to Kun's, given his ships would be heavily armed already without modifications done to them however on the ground? Ya...Xizor wouldn't be able to contend with all the sith and dark force users.

Traya's base of operations is really her downfall here. Given it would greatly enhance Kun and his sith allies.
====

Edit: Speaking of that Beni, idea...why not spice things up a little and give each combatant a sum of credits they could use? I mean realistically, not everyone is loaded to the point of having infinite credits like Xizor.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
01.25.2013 , 04:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
The only problem with that, Xizor and Traya have fixed locations that are visable whereas G0-T0 had a stealthed yacht that could be stopped and found only by a gravtrap sensor and a gravity well generator, the former of which was expensive and the only one who could realistically afford and find one without blowing a huge sum of credits is Xizor. Now Xizor's fleet will probably be the only real threat to Kun's, given his ships would be heavily armed already without modifications done to them however on the ground? Ya...Xizor wouldn't be able to contend with all the sith and dark force users.

Traya's base of operations is really her downfall here. Given it would greatly enhance Kun and his sith allies.
Yes of course but lets not forget that Xizor and Traya are not inseparably attached to their bases of operations. Traya can leave Malachor V (*gasp*) and come for Kun directly. As in, face him on Yavin 4. How does she do this you may ask? Well of course Kun is stronger than Traya. But is Kun stronger than Traya + Sion + the Three Sith Lords of Nadd's tomb? Plus some acolytes an assassins?

Wolfninjajedi
01.25.2013 , 04:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Yes of course but lets not forget that Xizor and Traya are not inseparably attached to their bases of operations. Traya can leave Malachor V (*gasp*) and come for Kun directly. As in, face him on Yavin 4. How does she do this you may ask? Well of course Kun is stronger than Traya. But is Kun stronger than Traya + Sion + the Three Sith Lords of Nadd's tomb? Plus some acolytes an assassins?
I thought you said that the combatants, couldn't leave their bases? Or at least that is what I recall seeing on one of the threads..
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
01.25.2013 , 04:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I thought you said that the combatants, couldn't leave their bases? Or at least that is what I recall seeing on one of the threads..
I said combatants couldn't leave their bases and go 'somewhere' e.g. Xizor can't flee Coruscant and hide in 'some Black Sun bunker' which may or may not exist. Because it makes them impossible to find and impossible to form any sort of argument. But Traya can hop on the Ravager and explore the galaxy if she likes... or go to Yavin 4.

Aurbere
01.25.2013 , 04:59 PM | #15
Go to Yavin? Seriously? Not only will she have to fight through the hordes of Massassi, but she will have to face Exar Kun at the center of his power. I don't see Traya leaving Malachor. She isn't the type of persona that goes about killing whoever she wants. She's a manipulator. She'll send her servants to do it.

Now on the topic of Sion. Are we going to assume that he can come back to life after losing his head? That would be really really lame. And if he could come back, the best he could do is come back as a severed head. Now how useful is he going to be as a severed head?

Or what about the Massassi ripping him to shreds? I have never heard of Sion coming back from the loss of limbs (or his head).
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
01.25.2013 , 05:04 PM | #16
Forgive me for being pendatic, but shatterpoint was not what gave Kreia visions of the future. Shatterpoint merely allowed her to percieve fractures in people and the fabric of the galaxy itself, so she could create a 'echo' at the right time to have resounding effects across the galaxy. This was perhaps why her shadow war was so effective, I expect she knew exactly where to strike. (just me rambling there )

Her ability to see the future is simply precognition.

And no, Kun does not get Sion - what would be silly now wouldn't it.

Well, IMO Exar Kun is rather brutish and uncoordinated. I'm open to a different view but this is just the image I got from him from learning about the Great Sith War (from the feet of the great Historian! ). All his lackeys (Ulic, Mandalore, the Ketos etc) seemed to do the planning, the strategies, the campaigns. He just unleashed them on the galaxy, to busy coveting dark side power. Then suddenly the Republic turn up on his doorstep, and he's all like 'wha wha whaaat!'

In terms of tactical skill I'd rank him below most, certainly below Revan. Comparing the Great Sith War and the Jedi Civil War, it is obvious which one was tactically superior.

But please, fight me! You seem to disagree so you must have good reason.

And another thing. Analyzing armies and fleets is all well and good, but I think in this situation we can jump to scenarios and endgame. Much like G0-T0, Traya and Xizor are playing on a different level (not necessarily a 'higher' level) to Exar Kun. These powers are not going to fight each other head on. Not even Traya. For them its all about the endgame.
Right yeah. Traya and her visions...

You are partially correct. Exar Kun did let his armies do the work, but he created the plans for his conquest. I make note of this in Part 3 of my Great Sith War thread. Ulic's attack on Coruscant went against Kun's plans. Kun had a great plan, a great strategy. Each move was precisely timed.

Now (this will be revealed in Part 4), Kun was actually going to do exactly what Ulic did for the attack on Coruscant. He was going to lure the fleet away and attack an unguarded Galactic Capital.

The ferocity of Kun's attacks give the image of uncoordination, but I assure you that that wasn't the case. In fact, I would place him relatively close to Revan in terms of tactical skill. But they have their differences.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
01.25.2013 , 05:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Go to Yavin? Seriously? Not only will she have to fight through the hordes of Massassi, but she will have to face Exar Kun at the center of his power. I don't see Traya leaving Malachor. She isn't the type of persona that goes about killing whoever she wants. She's a manipulator. She'll send her servants to do it.

Now on the topic of Sion. Are we going to assume that he can come back to life after losing his head? That would be really really lame. And if he could come back, the best he could do is come back as a severed head. Now how useful is he going to be as a severed head?

Or what about the Massassi ripping him to shreds? I have never heard of Sion coming back from the loss of limbs (or his head).
Traya may have no choice, realizing how powerful Kun is (she would no doubt foresee her imminent defeat if she remained on Malachor V) But you make a good point, Kun would probably at least sense Traya coming (although I doubt she'll waste time cutting her way through Massassi - orbital bombardment will soon thin their forces) and maybe prepare some ritual to defeat her.... but what is she blows up his temple? Or waits for him to return (after finding no Traya on Malachor) and sets a trap? That would prevent him from performing any rituals. And I don't think Yavin 4 is a nexus of dark side energy. And if it was Traya could draw on it equally. Just some food for thought.

Oh and concerning Sion, I think beheading him would do the trick. But I doubt he's dumb enough to jump into a pit of Massassi.

Maaruin
01.25.2013 , 05:18 PM | #18
Well, IMO Exar Kun is rather brutish and uncoordinated.
He is very confrontational, though I won't call him brutish. He often sneaks in to confront the enemy leader directly, instead of planning great strategies.

He did however create a plot that killed lots of Jedi masters and krippled the Order. And thatone was coordinated.

When fighting Sion, Exar Kun will simply erode Sion's will until he dies. IIRC he did the same thing with Odan-Urr. (Not simply talking, but basically Force-pursueding him to die.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Aurbere
01.25.2013 , 05:18 PM | #19
Traya may have no choice, realizing how powerful Kun is (she would no doubt foresee her imminent defeat if she remained on Malachor V) But you make a good point, Kun would probably at least sense Traya coming (although I doubt she'll waste time cutting her way through Massassi - orbital bombardment will soon thin their forces) and maybe prepare some ritual to defeat her.... but what is she blows up his temple? Or waits for him to return (after finding no Traya on Malachor) and sets a trap? That would prevent him from performing any rituals. And I don't think Yavin 4 is a nexus of dark side energy. And if it was Traya could draw on it equally. Just some food for thought.

Oh and concerning Sion, I think beheading him would do the trick. But I doubt he's dumb enough to jump into a pit of Massassi.

Bombarding would do the trick (partially), but if she attacks in the beginning of the war, she will fail. Kun's fleet will be at full strength and will rally to protect the Dark Lord.

Your going to bring up the unguarded Yavin at the end of the GSW, aren't you? The reason for that was because Kun's forces had been defeated by the impressive Republic navy and the Jedi Order. This came about after Ulic's capture. So attacking Yavin would only be so effective as Kun's forces will quickly rally to his defense.

Sion's going to be running away then! He's either got to (try to) cut his way through the hordes or simply go home. And if Traya and Sion manage to cut through thousands of Massassi Warriors (Jedi killers btw... like Jedi armies ), then they will have to face Exar Kun. Superior skill, superior power, superior everything.

Next post is a scenario for Kun's victory!

Warren-Stride
01.25.2013 , 05:31 PM | #20
And another thing. Analyzing armies and fleets is all well and good, but I think in this situation we can jump to scenarios and endgame. Much like G0-T0, Traya and Xizor are playing on a different level (not necessarily a 'higher' level) to Exar Kun. These powers are not going to fight each other head on. Not even Traya. For them its all about the endgame.
This. Kun dominates in battle.

But the question is not who will win the battle. It's who'll win the war. And the only way to win is by killing your enemy.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?